First Timers on a DREAM Anniversary Cruise 2/2/12

I enjoyed your report with honesty. We are doing our first trip in September on deck 9 and am a bit apprehensive about motion sickness but hope I will be ok

I enjoyed your report with honesty. We are doing our first trip in September on deck 9 and am a bit apprehensive about motion sickness but hope I will be ok

While there was a LOT of motion I did not get sick. I attribute this to the Meclazine (Bonine). I took one at 10pm the night before we embarked, then one that day after lunch. After dinner I had some nausea so the next day I took 2 (with that Yellow Bird--do not take it so close to having a drink!) and same the next day. While the motion was annoying, it didnt make me nauseated again.

The sea was not even that wavy--it was just the high winds.

Next time I would get a patch.

Paula - I really enjoyed your report and am so glad you and Dave had a great time! We love cruising and one day I would like to take a cruise with just DH :) But somehow I think my boys would rebel :rotfl2:

Thank you for your positive, insightful review of your trip. I'm glad you had a great time. We leave in about a week from today :thumbsup2

How was the water in the Bahamas? Was it just cool or like freezing? I am debating between next Feb or April. I want to be able to swim though.

How was the water in the Bahamas? Was it just cool or like freezing? I am debating between next Feb or April. I want to be able to swim though.

The water was very cold. Keep in mind we are floridians, and there was NO sun. The water is SO shallow that even had it been chilly out, the sun would warm the water up. I got in up to my knees and was not sitting down in it. Brr!

On serenity bay, you really can't swim--the water is shallow even very far out. We rented floats but never picked them up.

We cancelled our snorkel trip in fear of water being too cold, and am glad we did--a wet suit would have beeen in order!

Being from Mass, you might find the water okay. It seemed like what we have here year round in natural springs, which is a constant 72 degrees. Cold to us, maybe not so much northerners!

If you want to really swim and not just get wet, April is surely warmer. But feb is cheaper!

It was loads of fun and I wished I could do it again. Next time I will go on it as much as I can. I truly laughed the whole way.

The best thing we found out was to go after our late seating dinner. We walked on about 5 or 6 times each night!

Glad you had a good time, we have done a couple of 3 nighters and I thought I was in the minority by actually being able to enjoy myself on them.

Oh--and I am sure someone will ask, we did rebook a dummy date, and changed it today when we learned spring break dates for our County.

We're doing the 7 night Western on the Fantasy next March!

Can't hardly wait!:woohoo:

LOL I was going to ask lol
I too want to book a trip for May 2013 out of Miami 4 day, How much do you think I'll need to put down?

BTW LOVE your TR:)

Thank you for the great report and photos. We're on the Dream next month.
May I ask, where do you find the scooped (not soft) ice cream?
Thanks!

LOL I was going to ask lol
I too want to book a trip for May 2013 out of Miami 4 day, How much do you think I'll need to put down?

BTW LOVE your TR:)

You will need to put down 10% if you book onboard and they give a nice stateroom credit (we got $200 for the 7 nighter). Look at dates before you cruise so you will have some idea of when you want to go. We were at the desk so long I was annoyed with us when we finally sealed the deal!

Thank you for the great report and photos. We're on the Dream next month.
May I ask, where do you find the scooped (not soft) ice cream?
Thanks!

The scooped ice cream is on the lunch buffet at Cabanas. I had the mint chocolate chip and they have lots of toppings there. Not so much at the soft serve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter