First Timers ADR choices, any thoughts please

Gillybean08

Earning My Ears
We are staying at WL for 14 nights 4th Nov to 18th Nov first time to Disney, travelling from the U.K with two boys aged 4 and 13. Our ADR day is 8th May so just trying to finalize plans. So far I have;

4th Dinner Whispering Canyon DS birthday
5th None- at DC
6th B/F at Crystal Palace Dinner 1900 Fair
7th None using snack credits at F&W Epcot day
8th Cali Grill Dinner
9th None day at KSC
10th B/F at O'hana
11th B/F Chef Mickeys Dinner Whispering Canyon 2nd DS birthday
12th None Tampa day
13th B/F Garden Grill
14th Dinner 50's Prime Time
15th B/F Tusker House Early Dinner Boma
16th Dinner Tepan Edo
17th Early Dinner Liberty Tree before MVMCP

far to many to chose from, any thoughts or tips welcome :)

I would skip one of the Whispering Canyon and try to get O'hana at the Polynesian. It is close to WL and it is a great experience with really good food. It is family style with great tasting food and yummy desserts. It was a hard to get res, but worth it. Lots of fun and you can view the fireworks from MK if you are there at the right time.

I forgot to mention that you have a really good lineup of reservations. I have ate at all the locations but 2. Have fun!

Our family has visited 3 times now from the UK and used the dining plan (free dining offer!).
We love the dining plan but find it's a lot of food, on our last day on our February trip I used 23 snack credits on things to take home because we had so many left over.
We wouldn't plan two TS meals in one day. I can see why you're doing this as you have 3 day trips and therefore extra credits to use but between FP+ and ADRs you can feel like you're whole holiday is being spent heading to the next appointment.
With this in mind you might want to consider Hoop de Doo at Fort Wilderness. Although we haven't been, it's highly regarded and is a two credit meal/show.
Our family enjoys an occasional character meal but we'd find six in a fortnight too much, we enjoy some quieter restaurants for some evenings.

These are just my thoughts, not being critical of your plan, every family is different.
Hope you all have an amazing time! :)

Agree with the above. Instead of doing 2 TS meals in one day, pick a 2 credit dinner like Hoop De Doo for DS birthday celebration. They usually announce if anyone's having a birthday or anniversary.

Ohana dinner is one of our must dos and would suggest trying to get an ADR there, or BOG dinner. They are both very hard to get ADRs and I would try for those first.

Also if you are arriving on the 4th, I would be hesitant to book a TS for that night. Something may go wrong or get delayed with travel plans and then you wouldn't be able to cancel in time and be charged the surcharge for the meal.

I have eaten at all of your picks except Boma and WCC and enjoy them all.

I've traveled to WDW at that time in November many many times and the weather is perfect! Have a great trip!

Thank you all for your advice:) We are staying for 3 nights at Universal prior to WL and planning on checking in late afternoon for our first birthday meal. I had planned on Hoop de do for our youngest but my DH really doesn't fancy it so we are having a pirate/MK day then hoping for a fun birthday meal at Whispering Canyon. I do see what you mean about being restricted with to many table service meals and including more 2 credit options, of my picks which would you drop for another signiture? I could turn our first Whispering Canyon into a signiture for DS's 14th birthday meal on the first night and drop another meal later on. I just can't decide which! We are hoping to go to O'hanas for breakfast, not sure what my boys would make of dinner but I will take another look.
I am really hoping for lovely weather but it doesn't take a lot to beat sunny English weather :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter