First Time - Help Me Decide

NHKristy76

Senior Mousketeer
Hi there,

We are bringing my inlaws for their first ever trip in mid November. We've narrowed down our resorts down to either Coronado Springs or Port Orleans French Quarter.

I've stayed at both but it's been awhile for POFQ... I'm trying to decide what would be the best for them. In case it matters, we will be relying strictly on Disney transportation. Also, my inlaws are in the early 60s and in reasonably good health.

Thanks in advance for sharing your advice! :wizard:

Hi there,

We are bringing my inlaws for their first ever trip in mid November. We've narrowed down our resorts down to either Coronado Springs or Port Orleans French Quarter.

I've stayed at both but it's been awhile for POFQ... I'm trying to decide what would be the best for them. In case it matters, we will be relying strictly on Disney transportation. Also, my inlaws are in the early 60s and in reasonably good health.

Thanks in advance for sharing your advice! :wizard:

We haven't stayed at POFQ but when we stayed at POR my in-laws (in their mid & late 60s) stayed at POFQ so we spent quite a bit of time there.

I think the biggest benefit is that it is well connected both with the buses and the boats. Being a small resort, it's easy to find your way around and the food court is pretty good.

I can't really compare it with CS because I don't have any direct experience with it, but I think POFQ is a good choice.

The only thing I would say is Riverside and POFQ usually share their buses, so they can have long lines for the buses and the buses can be very crowded, but since POFQ is the first stop on the way back FROM the parks, no one may mind much. Also, is there only one bus stop at POFQ? I forget. If so, could it mean a long walk to and from your room to the buses? I always feel like using the buses when we stay at Coronado is less stressful.

I think CSR has a more "adult" feel to it if you think that would appeal to them more - it is also spread out over a larger area, lovely quiet pools, hammocks here and there. POFQ has more of a "whimsical" feel, more of a small kid friendly pool, very walkable (is smaller in size) and a boat to DTD.

I like the food at Pepper Market CSR quick service - but POFQ has beignets!

Honestly I would choose whichever one had the ambiance I thought they would enjoy most (may be check out the photos on allears.net, menus, videos etc.) If they would really love the boat to DTD - then choose POFQ.

Both are very enjoyable resorts!

Have to throw in with the POFQ posters.... Compact, easy to navigate resort ... Pleasant walk to POR, which is too spread out for our taste but nice to visit...

Bonus of FQ are the boats to DTD to escape the masses and enjoy a lengthy boat ride and walk around DTD..

Have no use or want to return to CSR.... No ambiance at all, Pepper Market is awful, no one ever got to eat with our group, huge huge layout makes for too long walks for anything....

I like POFQ. It is a very small and peaceful resort. I hear the decor is very lovely. You can walk over to POR and use there amenities also. There is a also a boat that goes to DTD.

Both resorts have queen size beds so there's no problem with that.

I hear CSR is very big...

Goof Luck deciding!!

-FantasiaMagic princess:

Thanks everyone!

I think the decor at CSR might be more enticing to them but I'm so very drawn to POFQ due to the boat to DTD. I also just learned that there is a jazz club at POFQ and I think they would love that. My FIL is a musician and they both love to listen to live music!

But oh that Pepper Market... ;)

NHKristy76 said:
Thanks everyone!

I think the decor at CSR might be more enticing to them but I'm so very drawn to POFQ due to the boat to DTD. I also just learned that there is a jazz club at POFQ and I think they would love that. My FIL is a musician and they both love to listen to live music!

But oh that Pepper Market... ;)

Yes, there's a fellow that plays in the Scat Cat Club (POFQ lounge ) that's terrific, plays many different tunes.... We enjoy it and even come over when not staying at the FQ..... Philly cheese steak sandwiches draws us too and we then boat to DTD for an evening if fun....

Carriage rides a little on the steep side but what isn't at Disney, nice long ride though ....

Movie night is great, we've seen guests take pillows and towels to the movie courtyard behind building 5..... Lay in the grass and watch, doesn't hurt to pop some corn in the food court to take along ( pack some microwave pop corn )

As for the Pepper Market, you won't miss it ... We never cared for the price, options and how it was ran..... And by the way, try the beignets in the food court.... They'll make a believer out of you!

Easy choice for me. POFQ hands down. I have been to CSR twice and it is the one Disney resort that leaves me cold.
Too big to walk around in and the Pepper Market has just been a bad experience every time we have eaten there. If there is a business convention group there it looses all of it's Disney feel.
Yes, it has a great pool, but that is all I can say that I like about it.

Based on your needs, I would do POFQ. Rooms have been recently updated, smaller resort, boat to DTD, carriage rides, music... They will be happy no matter where you decide.:thumbsup2

The only thing I would say is Riverside and POFQ usually share their buses, so they can have long lines for the buses and the buses can be very crowded, but since POFQ is the first stop on the way back FROM the parks, no one may mind much. Also, is there only one bus stop at POFQ? I forget. If so, could it mean a long walk to and from your room to the buses? I always feel like using the buses when we stay at Coronado is less stressful.

At times they share buses. Not always. In the 3 stays in the last 2 years at POFQ we only shared buses with POR twice. Now others may have shared more. So, I wouldn't decide against POFQ due to the buses.

Yes there is only 1 bus stop at POFQ, but it really isn't a long walk from anywhere in the resort. We were in building 7 this past trip and it didn't take long at all to get to the bus stop.

Tough Choice. I have never stayed at POFQ before, but I has stayed at CSR multiple times and loved it. One thing I will stay is that it is a huge resorts, so definite request a room in the Cabanas or Casitas. We were in Cabanas 8A in May of last year and it was the perfect location for us. We were steps away for the Cabanas bus stop and were right across the walkway from the Dig Site pool and a short 5 minute stroll to El Centro.

POFQ I am told is one of the smallest moderate resorts so regardless of where your room is, you are pretty close to everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter