First time cruiser.....

slenderella

Mouseketeer
I have a question about proper attire for dining. My husband is not the type to wear a tuxedo or suit and tie. Does the Disney Magic require either of these for any situation?
Thank you,
Jonna

I have a question about proper attire for dining. My husband is not the type to wear a tuxedo or suit and tie. Does the Disney Magic require either of these for any situation?
Thank you,
Jonna

This is my first cruise too (in 19 more days - not that I am counting :)). From what I have read over the last year, is that some will be in tuxes, some in nice jacket, shirt, and tie and others will be in just a nice shirt, nice pants. My husband is the same way.....does not wear a tuxedo and about flipped out when I mentioned a jacket, shirt and tie! :rotfl2:

For him, and my son, we are only packing nice pants and a nice button down shirts - no ties at all. I am sure we will feel comfortable, and if not, we can always go to another restaurant for the formal and/or semi-formal nights.

I really worried about this topic too, but now, no worries!! :banana:

I hope this helped!

Your DH is supposed to dress nicely. However he is not required to wear a tux or a suit. DH isn't a dress up kind of guy but on formal night for the first cruise he did wear his suit. On the second cruise he actually wore his tux. He looked fabulous!!

That being said, your DH can wear anything he likes as long as it is neat and not a bathing suit. They would prefer that he wears long pants. DH is disabled and sometimes the thought of changing into long pants was too much so he would wear a nice pair of shorts and a button up shirt. He figured that as long as he was sitting that no one was going to see his legs anyway. He has leg/mobility issues so this factored into his decision. But this was never on formal/semi-formal night. He made an extra effort on those nights.

You will get a slew of opinions on this topic. Everyone has one! My opinion is that as long as your DH is neat and clean then he'll be fine. You will see the gamut of outfits from tuxes, military uniforms, suits and even t-shirts. Enjoy your cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter