First full week of December crowds

We’re close to that time frame, starting to make lists of what I want to bring, what I need to buy, etc.

Very excited as I will be meeting up with my military son who I haven’t see in over a year!

Nice! Hoping crowds will be around what the crowd calendars are suggesting.

We'll be going the same week, and we're bracing ourselves for crowds. Any ADR outside of Disney Springs is almost impossible to find (and this was the case about 45 days out). DVC reservations have been sold out that week for at least 4 months. I hope I'm wrong but I suspect many people who wanted to celebrate the 50th but were worried about October crowds held off for December.

We'll be going the same week, and we're bracing ourselves for crowds. Any ADR outside of Disney Springs is almost impossible to find (and this was the case about 45 days out). DVC reservations have been sold out that week for at least 4 months. I hope I'm wrong but I suspect many people who wanted to celebrate the 50th but were worried about October crowds held off for December.

A week out, still feeling that way?

So I just went a bit nutty and booked a last minute trip for myself late last night. I was able to get a room at POR and there was park availability for the 7-14. I have an AP and I was also surprised to see plenty of reasonably priced flights on SWA. It has been 21 years since I have gone this time of year and I really wanted to enjoy the holiday treats and see the gingerbread houses. I was even able to get a reservation for Boma, my favorite. I am thinking that that week should not be too horribly busy. Either way, I am just happy to be there.

A week out, still feeling that way?
More ADRs have been released, but MK park passes are gone for Monday Dec 6 already. I don't think it will be as bananas as Thanksgiving week but...I still think crowds will be pretty high.

Edit: and right after I posted this, Hollywood Studios park passes are gone as well.

Last edited:

More ADRs have been released, but MK park passes are gone for Monday Dec 6 already. I don't think it will be as bananas as Thanksgiving week but...I still think crowds will be pretty high.

Edit: and right after I posted this, Hollywood Studios park passes are gone as well.

😩😩😩

We just left today. A CM we talked with told us they are not anticipating the normal drop in crowds between thanksgiving and Christmas. This past week was very busy and lines were long. The lighting lane was necessary to avoid long lines and definitely worth the cost. We didn’t love the way it works and it was frustrating trying to plan with it but it was certainly better than not having it.

We just left today. A CM we talked with told us they are not anticipating the normal drop in crowds between thanksgiving and Christmas. This past week was very busy and lines were long. The lighting lane was necessary to avoid long lines and definitely worth the cost. We didn’t love the way it works and it was frustrating trying to plan with it but it was certainly better than not having it.

Bummer.

Im concerned about the 5th now. We have AK morning reservations, but light saber building that evening in HS.

WeLL, this doesn’t reassure me. We are scheduled to go to HS then Epcot on 12/6 & MK & AK on 12/7 and was leaning towards NOT buying Genie+, BUT if all the passes are gone, I expect there will be long lines, and I think I’m going to reconsider this.

WeLL, this doesn’t reassure me. We are scheduled to go to HS then Epcot on 12/6 & MK & AK on 12/7 and was leaning towards NOT buying Genie+, BUT if all the passes are gone, I expect there will be long lines, and I think I’m going to reconsider this.

my biggest concern is I could only find a Savi’s reservation on the 5th. We have AK planned that morning so I’m hoping we will be able to hop. What would keep us from being able to hop?

We are headed down on the 29th. Hopefully it’s not too bas
Good luck. On the Park Pass Availability calendar there are no park reservations available Dec 27-31 so parks will be close to max capacity.

Edit: if you mean 29 of November, 29-30 MK is booked up and 29th HS is booked.

We actually used to plan MK middle of the week for this reason: most people were going to WDW for MK, and book the first day of their vacation (Sun/Mon) there. We're now seeing the same thing at HS because of all the new attractions.

my biggest concern is I could only find a Savi’s reservation on the 5th. We have AK planned that morning so I’m hoping we will be able to hop. What would keep us from being able to hop?
Park Pass reservations being full doesn't necessarily mean you won't be able to park hop. My understanding is that in the rare cases where they restrict park hopping, they send a push notification through the app as an alert. BlogMickey also provided this phone number as a hotline for current park capacity updates: (407) 560-5000.

As far as I know, Disney hasn't had to put a restriction on park hopping yet.

Good luck. On the Park Pass Availability calendar there are no park reservations available Dec 27-31 so parks will be close to max capacity.

Edit: if you mean 29 of November, 29-30 MK is booked up and 29th HS is booked.

We actually used to plan MK middle of the week for this reason: most people were going to WDW for MK, and book the first day of their vacation (Sun/Mon) there. We're now seeing the same thing at HS because of all the new attractions.
Oh yes. Nov 29. So the 30th we are doing Ak and hopping to HS the. Wed is mk to Epcot. Thursday we have the Xmas party

Park Pass reservations being full doesn't necessarily mean you won't be able to park hop. My understanding is that in the rare cases where they restrict park hopping, they send a push notification through the app as an alert. BlogMickey also provided this phone number as a hotline for current park capacity updates: (407) 560-5000.

As far as I know, Disney hasn't had to put a restriction on park hopping yet.

well that helps me rest a bit easier. Thanks.

I'm feeling apprehensive once I saw that MK and HS are sold out for 12/6. Touring Plans still has them at 3 and 2 on that day so I'm uncertain about the disconnect. That is our second HS day and I'm considering swapping it for EPCOT. That's also our Disney Springs day.

We’re going into this trip with NO dining reservations. 🤷‍♀️ Traveling with 3 20something yos who can survive on burgers, pizza & hot dogs. I’m hopeful to find a salad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter