First floor guest rooms at Fort Wilderness

Tawnyafitz

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip and want to stay at WL. We love staying on the first floor. Any pictures or recommendations of specific first floor rooms are much appreciated!

Fort Wilderness is a Campground. Tent sites, Motor Home sites and 1 story Cabins. No second floor anywhere
Yes. We have stayed in a cabin. It was great. We have stayed in the first floor of the Beach Club and Poly. So easy with a stroller! And no waiting for the elevator.

There are two Disney resorts with Wilderness in the name:

Wilderness Lodge (WL): a resort hotel in the Deluxe category

Fort Wilderness (FW): a campground with campsites, camping hookups, and cabins

The two resorts are both in the general MK area, but they operate separately, and don't share facilities.

Fort Wilderness is a Campground. Tent sites, Motor Home sites and 1 story Cabins. No second floor anywhere

I will say that the old Early Check-in MDE options (which get updated periodically) used to give me an option, when I was checking in early for my campsite, if I wanted to be "near an elevator" (or near a bus stop or did I have a slide-out, etc.).

It took a couple years for Disney IT to get that fixed. I kinda get nostalgic some times for the good ol' ditzy days.

But yes, WL and FW are two distinctly different resorts (although they supposedly have the same General Manager).

Bama Ed

Someone let me know if I’m wrong about this but the first floor rooms at WL I believe you take an elevator down one level. I do not believe the rooms are on the same floor as lobby.

Someone let me know if I’m wrong about this but the first floor rooms at WL I believe you take an elevator down one level. I do not believe the rooms are on the same floor as lobby.
No elevator needed. You walk down the ramp next to roaring fork

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!