First Deni, now Molly. :(

I can not believe that in less than a month Mammoth club has accumulated 101,000 youtube subscribers. I honestly think the success of their brand is going to cause some others in this Disney Vlogging/Blogging community to adjust their approach. Very curious to see how it all shakes out.
I'm wondering how easy it has been for people in the DIS boards community to take on apps such as ******* and twitch, in order to stay connected with Mammoth Club?

I'm wondering how easy it has been for people in the DIS boards community to take on apps such as ******* and twitch, in order to stay connected with Mammoth Club?

I've done it and it took some adjustment, but in my opinion, it was very much worth it for the additional content beyond youtube videos. Of course, people can just watch the youtube videos if that's all they want - but the live streams are really really fun! Much more so than I expected. As is their podcast. The ******* is a bit too hectic for me but occasionally it's fun to see the discussion about the content that's been released.

We watch Tim Tracker, Paging Mr. Morrow, and occasionally SuperEnthused and Ordinary Adventures, if the topic interests us. SE goes to a lot of different themeparks, and we are mostly just interested in Disney right now. OA is a fun couple, so we watch their stuff when it's DCL or WDW.
I loved the road trip that SE did. She did a wonderful job of showcasing some amazing parks that many people have no idea existed.

I don't watch that many Disney YTers, but I recently started watching Molly/Mammoth (I don't think I ever watched her before that). The thing I like about her videos is the use of graphics to display the topic, it's not just the talking/audio. There's another solo vlogger that may have been the first one I watched (probably to figure out some G+/LL stuff when it was newer) and while they are pleasant enough, it wasn't long before I realized that some of the details they were conveying were incorrect. So I don't watch that person much.

I think the first video of Molly's I watched was the MNSSHP and I loved the overlays with specifics. Same for the F&W videos. In general, I think any YTer (Disney or otherwise) can make a MUCH better production when they make use of adding text/graphics. I watch some personal finance videos and usually give up on someone who just talks to the camera and lists 5 things that _________ but won't bother to put up a graphic to list them as they talk about them.

Anyway -- I think Mammoth does a great job on their editing as well as their overall quality/entertainment.

I love the mammoth club videos and their content.
For me, its just not worth the effort to join their twitch, instagram ,etc. For those who wish to, thats great, but I have no desire to have more things I need to check every day.

I actually didn't really care for Molly's previous channel/content/show, but her new show is pretty good. It has a lot of variety, short and long term video and she gives lots of tips which I appreciate. I also like that the editor has a personality (like when Molly's husband spills beer all over him, etc.) which is funny. Their podcast is hilarious (Adult rated).

Good for them picking up that many subscribers. I hope they do well.

Oh! I thought it was more like 12%. I’m glad to be wrong about that!
yeah I helped a buddy out on this who makes game designs for a game its not too bad because credit card fees can be up to 3% so 2% for the platform isn't too bad IMO. (I'm a developer :) ) and at this point everyone knows what Patreon is.

I saw Molly the other day at the Animal Kingom doing the Macarena to Viva Gaia street band. She is definitely still out there and rocking it. 🙂

Their Patreon is currently at $32k a month. They also had 1.5 million views on Youtube, worth about $2400. Their Twitch channel probably earns between $500 and $1000 a month, plus they have a few other sponsors like Undercover Tourist and an Amazon shop. That money goes to paying the 3 of them, any editors they hire, computers, camera equipment, park tickets, meals, hotels, and travel. It's a pretty good living but they also work a lot.

Their Patreon is currently at $32k a month. They also had 1.5 million views on Youtube, worth about $2400. Their Twitch channel probably earns between $500 and $1000 a month, plus they have a few other sponsors like Undercover Tourist and an Amazon shop. That money goes to paying the 3 of them, any editors they hire, computers, camera equipment, park tickets, meals, hotels, and travel. It's a pretty good living but they also work a lot.
And that's after only a few weeks. I'm sure she's already making more than she did from allears, with total control and no ceiling on what she can make. Good for her, she seems like a genuinely nice person. Disney content is a niche, so they'll never get crazy rich from it probably, but it can be a VERY nice living if they're smart about the business aspects of it. And they plan to branch out into other types of content, so who knows.

Definitely hard work, no doubt about that. Just coming up with ideas for content and the pressure to put out quality content pretty much daily would be exhausting. A friend of mine was a professional poker player for a few years, and their saying is "It's a really hard way to make easy money"

And that's after only a few weeks. I'm sure she's already making more than she did from allears, with total control and no ceiling on what she can make. Good for her, she seems like a genuinely nice person. Disney content is a niche, so they'll never get crazy rich from it probably, but it can be a VERY nice living if they're smart about the business aspects of it. And they plan to branch out into other types of content, so who knows.

Definitely hard work, no doubt about that. Just coming up with ideas for content and the pressure to put out quality content pretty much daily would be exhausting. A friend of mine was a professional poker player for a few years, and their saying is "It's a really hard way to make easy money"

I never watched AllEars, but the algorithm fed me Mammoth Club and I've really enjoyed their videos. I've said it before, but I really like their editing as it includes bullet points/pricing/info in text/graphics on the video itself. I really dislike when videos (of any genre) are conveying lists or things of importance but only say them. Maybe I need that visual cue to absorb the info.

Whatever their business plan was, they did do a Q&A on Instagram (I think that's where it was?) and said that things they'd planned for further out in the future are able to be moved forward due to their viewership/success so far. I take that as a good sign. They seem to be great planners and hitting a number of platforms that cater to lots of different ways to consume 'content'. IIRC, only Molly is fulltime, so their revenue could be going to improve their equipment, streamline their editing, expand their subjects rather than paying 3 people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter