First DCL Cruise AND AN UPGRADE!

sillysmom

DIS Veteran
We're sailing on the April 3, 7 night eastern Magic. Just called my TA. We were booked for an 11 guarantee, and we got room 2544 which is a category 9 deluxe oceanview stateroom. Now my questions. Has anyone ever had this room? If so how was it? Secondly, does the porthole actually open. And my third question, and I know I may sound greedy, but does anyone know if I try to upgrade now to a veranda, will they charge me the difference from the category 11 to a veranda, or the difference from a category 9 to a veranda. I am so psyched I can't even begin to tell you!

Congrats on the upgrade. We were hoping for one but it was not to be. Porthole does not open. Can't help on the other two questions...sorry. I did just stay in 2106 on the 2/7 Eastern and the room was fine. You will really appreciate the split bath. That came in very handy with two kids!!!!!

If you upgrade they charge the difference from the category you are currently assigned to the one you want to move to. The upgrade to where you are at now is gratis.

NO, portholes and windows on the ships do not open. Only a veranda has access to the ocean breezes.

The thing about the portholes on deck 2, you are at least 30+ feet closer to the water than on a veranda (granted you can't feel the breeze nor smell the sea). You do get a real feel for the speed that the ship is traveling and if there are big swells, you get an awesome view out of the deck 2 portholes.

Just to let you all know, I called my TA so that she would contact DCL about the upgrade from the category 9 that they gave me to a veranda. THE DIFFERENCE WOULD BE $3000. Now maybe that is because my cruise is full, but that to me is insane. I'm very happy with my free porthole thank you very much!

Still check when you get to the cruise terminal about the upgrade. The worst they can say is 3,000.00 the best they can say is'' no problem here is your key to the world, enjoy!''

Congrats on the upgrade! Wow, $3,000. sounds steep. Free porthole sounds perfectly magical!

Enjoy!

Hi, We had a porthole room back in March 2003, and we absolutely loved it! We were in stateroom 2570 and it was perfect. We were close to midship elevators, and the stairs. We used the stairs alot to go to decks three and four where the restaruants were, and down one deck to one for disembarking off the ship for excursions, it was great. We have booked for March 2005 and we were able to get the same stateroom. Can't wait. Have a wonderful trip, it is truly a magical trip!!

Erminda:bounce: :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!