First Day Question

carrieshields

Mouseketeer
First time cruisers! Will our luggage arrive in our stateroom in time to get ready for the early show and late seating dinner? Or, should we bring our evening's clothes and all toiletries, make up, etc. in our carry-on bags? Thank you!

First time cruisers! Will our luggage arrive in our stateroom in time to get ready for the early show and late seating dinner? Or, should we bring our evening's clothes and all toiletries, make up, etc. in our carry-on bags? Thank you!
You don't need special clothes for the first night show/dining. It's "cruise casual" pretty much the whole cruise (unless you have a 7 night or longer cruise - then there will be a "formal" night, but you can wear cruise casual that night as well, if you wish).

Anything you absolutely must have by dinnertime should be in your carry on. Most luggage is delivered by 5:00 pm. But not always.

First time cruisers! Will our luggage arrive in our stateroom in time to get ready for the early show and late seating dinner?

Or, should we bring our evening's clothes and all toiletries, make up, etc. in our carry-on bags? Thank you!

It should.

But yes. Bring what you need for that first day in carryon.

And fwiw we always dress fairly nice even on the first day. Dress for me, nice but casual clothes for hubby and son.

On one cruise, my luggage didn't arrive until after I left for the early show. But on all my other cruises, my luggage was there before 5:00. I always pack everything I need for the first day in my carry on just in case.my luggage is delayed.

We've done 3 cruises so far and have always gotten our luggage well before dinner. My SIL went with us one time several years ago, her cabin was right next to us. She didn't receive one piece of her luggage until after dinner because they held onto it for extra screening or something. Turns out she had a sound machine in her luggage that they wanted to take an extra look at. I had the same sound machine in my luggage and they didn't hold my luggage for extra inspection though. We always put anything we might need in a carry on piece, just in case.

Now, first things first. Your wine must be in your carryons. You can wear just about anything you want for dinner and the show, short of swim suits. If you like a mini happy hour each afternoon, like we do, then make sure your spirits (much like the final Haunted Mansion ride) stay with you as you board.

We have always received our luggage before 5 PM. We have everything unpacked before we even leave our stateroom for dinner and the show. There are always exceptions, but most likely it will not be a problem. We have come back from the sail-away party and our luggage has been there.

Turns out she had a sound machine in her luggage that they wanted to take an extra look at. I had the same sound machine in my luggage and they didn't hold my luggage for extra inspection though.
It's quite possible the way they were packed lead to the discrepancy. If they couldn't get a good angle on it with the scanning machine, they need to actually see what that odd shaped item is. If yours was packed in a manner that it was clearer what it was, it would pass.

Several times mine have shown up while we were at dinner (or at least out of our cabin prior to dinner and didn't return until after dinner). As others have said though, you shouldn't need anything from your packed bags - no formal night the first night - anything other than a swimsuit is allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter