Firing of Mandalorian actress

Freedom fries...

Cancel culture goes waaaaaaaaaay back lol

This was not one post by Gina... it was a repeated series of posting going back to 2019. This latest was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Fool. She could have had her own spin off series, but shooting her ,mouth off and making statements that alienate audience was more important to her.

Favreau specifically wrote the character for Gina. If he’s got the stones that I know he does, it’s him or that Kennedy at this point. He is literally our only hope.

The issues go back quite a while and she even stated that they had asked her to apologize previously but she didn't want to - she did it in her own words, but obviously her continued statements were not well-received.

Yes. In late fall, people expected her to be announced as the star of the spinoff (can’t remember the name), but they backed off on that announcement due to her inexcusable behavior on social media at the time.

As a Jew by blood, I can tell you that There was zero that was offensive In the “offending” tweet. Zero.

But you aren't the sole arbiter of such things. The fact is the tweet did offend some people. It wasn't the first time either, and as I have said, it was more about her unwillingness to curtail the behavior and apologize than it was about any single tweet. It was a pattern. I understand that what she says she was trying to say shouldn't be offensive, but the, let's say, inelegant, way she said it was definitely problematic.

Comparing anything going on today to the worst event of the last century is not going to go well. Personally, I feel a comparison like that undermines the person's argument so much that it's not worth acknowledging but I'm not the one signing her paychecks.

Last edited:
I'm not going to get further into this. The only arbiter that matters is The Walt Disney Company/Lucasfilm. They chose not to renew the contract and it is their right to do so for any reason they see fit. They gave her several chances which is more than they even had to do. That's the end of it.

Actually, the true arbiters are we the consumers of Lucasfilm. And my verdict is D+ gone from my budget unless and until leadership of Lucasfilm also gone.
Actually, the true arbiters would be the shareholders as they are the owners of the company that the board is trying to keep happy. If the shareholders don't care about losing a few subscribers than the leadership won't care.

I just realized that as a shareholder I actually do have a say in this. :-)

Actually, the true arbiters are we the consumers of Lucasfilm. And my verdict is D+ gone from my budget unless and until leadership of Lucasfilm also gone.

That’s great and your choice if it makes you feel better. It won’t matter, though. Disney+ is doing outstanding.

A small group will cancel because Gina was fired, a small group would have cancelled if Gina was kept on. Wouldn’t make much difference in subscribers either way.

So you agree there was no reason to fire her?

I do not agree. I personally think she crossed a line multiple times and and I would not want her associated with my business either. I think they had reason to fire her.

I’m just saying it’s probably not going to affect subscriber numbers that much either way.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter