Firing of Mandalorian actress

What was the deal with the firing of main character in the Mandalorian?

She wasn't a main character, she was a side character. The actors personal views on politics and various other topics do not align with Disney Corporate values. She made her personal views on politics and various other topics public, which is most likely a violation of her contract. Therefore she was fired, just the same as any other employee.

She wasn't released for having certain opinions, but rather it was how she expressed them in such an antagonistic way. She was asked by Disney to stop, but she didn't. That's really all there was to it. If she made her points in a more reasonable and rational manner, or if she had just apologized and moved on, she would likely have been fine.

We've had a few threads on this closed already so please keep it apolitical.

Is this Jack Morrissey and his post from 2019? I know people say he’s a Disney employee, but I’m not sure how- the last Disney credit I see is producer for Beauty and the Beast (2017). Most recently he was working with Warner Bros in 2019.

I’m not excusing his post, just wondering if he’s actually attached to Disney, or was at the time.

And who the heck even knows who he is that Disney would need to make an announcement? He doesn't even have a Wikipedia page.

Two things here... first, she's not the title character. Second, that woman couldn't deliver a line if it had adequate postage and a map to the destination. Good riddance to an easily-replaceable actress.

Agree on both counts. She was awful from the first episode she was in. Could not stand her.

No. She openly shared conservative viewpoints for years, and was hired for Mandalorian with no issues.
Two things here... first, she's not the title character. Second, that woman couldn't deliver a line if it had adequate postage and a map to the destination. Good riddance to an easily-replaceable actress.
So i guess you find it OK to call people Nazis and you approve of Rape and Pedophilia?

And who the heck even knows who he is that Disney would need to make an announcement? He doesn't even have a Wikipedia page.
That’s why I was asking- I literally can’t find anything on him for current work. The only pages I see linking his to “active Disney employee” are (ahem) “news” sources that aren’t exactly accurate in their reporting. This dude had one film with Disney two years before his post- I don’t know that that qualifies him as a Disney employee.

If you don’t have a wiki page, you are no one!

They are not 1:1 comparisons and we really can't get into the details here. Disney seems to take things on a case by case basis and factors in both what was said and the person's response when called out and asked to apologize.

Never heard of the guy before people brought him up as a reaction to Gina's contract not getting renewed.

Yes, they did a job on her, didn't they? It's sickening that one side can bully someone that way. They (lucasfilms) twisted and defamed whatever she did, while letting others put whatever they wanted on line as long as they thought like them. People need to open their eyes to what is going on here. EACH side ,whichever it is, should be able to state what they feel without the blatant censorship that has happened. Watch out, it could happen to the others.
I'm ready to write disney/lucal films and to cancel my D+/
I suppose I'll be flamed but I don't care and I don't read them.

I will say again, it is not WHAT she said but HOW she said it. She is trying to play all innocent, but she had been asked to refrain from this kind of stuff before. She didn't and there were consequences. It's nothing more than how business works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter