Fireworks Remixed Video by GoofyGeggy

LoriR

Mouseketeer and DIS Veteran
GoofyGeggy has an awesome video of him playing fireworks linked in his signature. I think anyone who is interested in improving their score will find this very helpful to watch!

Fireworks Remixed Video by GoofyGeggy

I would like to thank him for taking the time to record this. :woohoo:

Lori

I saw that in his sig and meant to ask him if we could put that up there.

Hey GG. I broke 7,000 yesterday and it was after watching your video :thumbsup2

That's great, aengus! I hope anyone who watches the video can improve their game somehow.

Thanks for making the thread, LoriR. See you all in the Fireworks Lobby. ;)

I have been struggling for weeks to get my second green car magic pin. I think this video will help a lot. Thanks GG. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for taking the time to make this video. I have picked up on a few things, and now I'm excited to give them a try tomorrow. Again, many thanks go out to you! ;)

Thank-You GoofyGeggy for making this video! It is amazing to watch!!
Thank-You Lori for posting it also, otherwise, I'm not sure I would have ever seen it!
I too have been stuck on my two star green car since vmk changed the Car Quests.
I am very hopeful that my game (and credits of course) improve after studying this video. I so want to be an improved fireworks player!!
Thanks so much for sharing your wisdom and game tips with us all!!

Astro :goodvibes

Woot! Finally mastered level 1 stage 2...and have a new high score. :goodvibes Thanks Goofy. :hug:

That's awesome!

Some people get an extra combination in that level to get the 892 score (+6 from the combination). I usually don't because of the numerous variations I've seen at that point. If you're wondering, you'd have to skip the 5th firework in that stage - however, if the next two fireworks (#6 and #7) aren't lined up so you can hit both of them at the same time, then your score will be 838, not 892. I usually don't bother since it's such a big difference.

Woot for you, Days. Hope you've been feeling better!

GG

ps. To all who wish me thanks, I give a good hearty "You're welcome," and hope your games are more enjoyable.

The last tip I can't explain through video is something I'm increasingly trying to do as I play the game. Relax and don't stress while playing! ;)

That's awesome!

Some people get an extra combination in that level to get the 892 score (+6 from the combination). I usually don't because of the numerous variations I've seen at that point. If you're wondering, you'd have to skip the 5th firework in that stage - however, if the next two fireworks (#6 and #7) aren't lined up so you can hit both of them at the same time, then your score will be 838, not 892. I usually don't bother since it's such a big difference.

GG

Thanks much Goofy -- I am. :)

I need to watch it a few more times -- where you go and explode all in the beginning of a stage -- and where you went click crazy even though they weren't flawless... shocking lol. Totally have to redo my thinking now... :rotfl:

That's awesome!

GG

ps. To all who wish me thanks, I give a good hearty "You're welcome," and hope your games are more enjoyable.

The last tip I can't explain through video is something I'm increasingly trying to do as I play the game. Relax and don't stress while playing! ;)

I have a question for you. did you do anything to your mouse at all? someone said that you could set the middle scroll button on your mouse to act like the space bar to get the explode all. And also, how in the world do you scroll to the correct icon so fast when they are so far apart? Any tips for that?

I noticed in the video when you use the "explode all" option it looks like you don't put your cursor on that button near the bottom left of the screen because I can still see your cursor in the sky. Are you using the keyboard to use the Explode All or some other button? It seems by the time I move my mouse down there I end up missing the fireworks.

Thanks.

I have a question for you. did you do anything to your mouse at all? someone said that you could set the middle scroll button on your mouse to act like the space bar to get the explode all. And also, how in the world do you scroll to the correct icon so fast when they are so far apart? Any tips for that?

Honestly I've never heard about (or tried) using the middle scroll button. I use the space button to explode all. I would say that playing with the speed of your mouse might help with moving it across the screen, but that's about it for tinkering with the mouse.

As far as scrolling through the icons, it's just a matter of being near frantic with my arrow key fingers. lol Everyone's different, but I use my index and ring fingers on the right/left arrow keys, respectively (right hand on mouse). Beyond the frantic-ness, it's just a matter of knowing how many I have to click to get to the correct icon.

I noticed in the video when you use the "explode all" option it looks like you don't put your cursor on that button near the bottom left of the screen because I can still see your cursor in the sky. Are you using the keyboard to use the Explode All or some other button? It seems by the time I move my mouse down there I end up missing the fireworks.

Thanks.

I use the space button for the "Explode All". I think I've missed the actual button once or twice, but it's a good pinky-stretch away from the arrow keys. ;)

Woot i have a feeling this is going to help me get to 7500 in fireworks :goodvibes

Well, I hope it helps! Good luck in your score goals.

Thanks.

I use the space button as well. Heh, when I am on the laptop, it's sooo not easy to hit that space bar LOL. And yes, I would describe my movements on the arrow keys as "frantic" as well lol. There are times I get so flustered that I am shocked I've hit the correct icon. :rotfl:

Honestly I've never heard about (or tried) using the middle scroll button. I use the space button to explode all. I would say that playing with the speed of your mouse might help with moving it across the screen, but that's about it for tinkering with the mouse.

As far as scrolling through the icons, it's just a matter of being near frantic with my arrow key fingers. lol Everyone's different, but I use my index and ring fingers on the right/left arrow keys, respectively (right hand on mouse). Beyond the frantic-ness, it's just a matter of knowing how many I have to click to get to the correct icon.

I use the space button for the "Explode All". I think I've missed the actual button once or twice, but it's a good pinky-stretch away from the arrow keys. ;)

Well, I hope it helps! Good luck in your score goals.

I noticed how easy (well he made it look easy LOL) he was nailing fireworks like a slow purple to a faster orange sun type at quite a distance and thinking wow. So I then went and pushed my mouse speed up a couple notches and my score increased.

I have a gaming keyboard and I remapped the space bar to the down arrow key. This lets me hit explode all and keep my hands on the fireworks still. It is very impressive that GG uses the space bar LOL I dont know how anyone can get to the space bar and back to their arrow keys like that.

Yeah. My problem with getting to the right icon is that sometimes I push the arrow button and the selector doesn't move. I think it has a lot do do with my computer's speed. :(

It is very impressive that GG uses the space bar LOL I dont know how anyone can get to the space bar and back to their arrow keys like that.

Maybe it's because I can span an octave and two more white keys (a 10th) on the piano. ;)

Maybe it's because I can span an octave and two more white keys (a 10th) on the piano. ;)

Ah! See, i knew you had some kind of advantage on us somehow.:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Seriously, though GG, thanks for answering all of our questions. Its very nice of you to share all your secrets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!