Fireworks Remixed Video by GoofyGeggy

Thank you very much for the video GG, I learned alot that I didn't know from it. I do have a question for you. How do you know when it hit explode all, and when you do how do you know which icon to be on when you hit it? I've tried doing explode all several times, but I always get it at the wrong time, or don't have the right icon selected or something...

Thank you very much for the video GG, I learned alot that I didn't know from it. I do have a question for you. How do you know when it hit explode all, and when you do how do you know which icon to be on when you hit it? I've tried doing explode all several times, but I always get it at the wrong time, or don't have the right icon selected or something...

Well, I know when to hit "Explode All" because of the amount of time I've put in to the game - lots of practice! There's only one spot that I hit it at the beginning of a level (5.3), and the rest is at the end of most of the levels. And to be honest, there are lots of times that I've hit it at the wrong time or been on the wrong icon. I have yet to play a truly perfect game - there's been only one that was just about perfect. For example, in the video, I was a little slow hitting the "Explode All" at the end of level 1.3, and thus missed an easy 48 points.

I would say the biggest difficulty with this game is lag. I've had some experience with this in a few variations and know how bad it can kill an otherwise good game. I had bad lag around the Space Mt. Slide Competition - that time it was my cable modem. I'm currently on vacation and thought I wouldn't have a good game for a month because of my lag. However, I figured out that it was the fault of my laptop fan kicking in (I'm in a really hot place for vacation). Now I play with an external fan or two directed at my laptop and all is better. :rotfl:

For those of you who have asked (sorry I went into a game, Ink) - I play on a 1.5 year old laptop, am wired to a router, and use a Microsoft wireless mouse. The mouse is amazing, so after tinkering with speed, it's five notches from the fastest possible speed it can be - just above the middle setting. [Start menu, Control Panel, double click the mouse icon, click the Pointer Options tab.]

Best of luck, all!

Thanks a lot for making that video! I can't watch it at my current location, unfortunately, but as soon as I'm getting ready to log onto VMK next time, I'm watching that first. There are very few people that I know are going to beat me when I see them playing, but you're one of those few :headache: :rotfl:

How did you get a silver fireworks pin? Just curious as I came in second (once ) and only got credits??

I bet this vid was because of my comment in LittleDragonErin's post of her playing Jungle Cruise. But thanks GoofyGeggy, and congrats on the 9,000! I didn't think it was possible..

Thank you for making the video! It looks like I need a lot more practice. At the beginnings of levels four and five, it looked like you weren't focusing as much on getting flawless. Is this because of the combos? I've never tried to get combos yet.

I bet this vid was because of my comment in LittleDragonErin's post of her playing Jungle Cruise. But thanks GoofyGeggy, and congrats on the 9,000! I didn't think it was possible..

Nope - I have no idea what you said to anyone else. I made this video in the same vein as when WDWTiggerRT made his video of the previous fireworks game. I learned a great deal from watching his video, and to date there had been no other video created, so I made this video to help others. It also helps me because I don't have to explain as much as I do without the video. ;)

Thanks on the 9000 kudos. Sadly the other two games that are close to that should have been over 9000 as well - arg! :thumbsup2 Oh, and the point total from what I missed in the video would add up to over 9000 points as well.

Thank you for making the video! It looks like I need a lot more practice. At the beginnings of levels four and five, it looked like you weren't focusing as much on getting flawless. Is this because of the combos? I've never tried to get combos yet.

There are specific stages in some of the levels where getting the combinations are more important than getting all flawless. Consider the points given from combinations in Levels 4 and 5 - 80 and 100, respectively. That's a lot of points...more points that you'd get by getting only flawless hits.

There are specific stages in some of the levels where getting the combinations are more important than getting all flawless. Consider the points given from combinations in Levels 4 and 5 - 80 and 100, respectively. That's a lot of points...more points that you'd get by getting only flawless hits.

That makes so much sense! I considered that before, but decided that I'd get more points by getting all flawless. Now I want to get home and try out your strategy!

Thank you sooooo much GoofyGeggy for making this video. Right after watching the video, I got my best score ever!

I can only hope that I might get a score even remotely close to your's!

Thank you again!

Woot - I'm happy for anyone who's game has improved!

Someone posted the comment below the video:
Thanks so much for sharing your playing strategy !! I was just wondering if you use a "gaming" mouse and what resolution you set your monitor at Also, any suggestions as to memorizing the patterns or any other secrets you use ? Thanks so much and see you on the Dis

My mouse is the Microsoft wireless mouse - nothing specific for gaming. My resolution on this particular computer (from the video) is 1440x900 pixels. There aren't patters, per se, but once you play quite a few games you get an idea of when the combinations will appear. There are many variations of each level/stage, including the combination, number of combinations given, proximity of fireworks, etc. I'm not sure it's possible to truly memorize patterns like the previous version of firewors (what I like to call Mixed). ;)

Wouldn't this be a good thread to put in the Player's Guide? Or at least the link the the video. It could be a good tool to help those trying to learn to play for the first time or even to get better. :goodvibes

I had a pm asking about the program I used to create the video. I actually used two programs - one to record the video, and another to compress it to a more manageable size (which is still a sizeable 38Mb or so).

The first one, to record, is called Windows Media Encoder. It comes with Windows Media Player, I believe, but the latest version can be downloaded (after Windows verification) from here.

The compression program is not free, however I believe there is a trial version available on the manufacturer's website, here.

i like the video goofy but i just dont get how you do it. I still stink at fireworks i cant even get past 4,000 it is really frustrating seeing all these ppl do so good at it when i sit here doing terrible. lol.

i like the video goofy but i just dont get how you do it. I still stink at fireworks i cant even get past 4,000 it is really frustrating seeing all these ppl do so good at it when i sit here doing terrible. lol.

Well, if you have noticeable lag issues, then that can really hurt your game - I know this from experience. Not sure if you have lag? Well, walk from one side of the lobby to the other...if your avatar walks smoothly all the way across, then you aren't showing obvious signs of lag. If in game, check the flight path of any given firework - is it smooth or does it hiccup. When the star appears in the firework, does it rotate smoothly or does it quickly disappear with almost no rotation?

If lag isn't the issue, then go for flawless hits. If you don't get any combinations, but get all flawlesses, your score should still be halfway decent. I usually tell people to not worry about the combinations if they haven't mastered getting flawless hits. One thing at a time... ;)

Also, there are websites dedicated to testing the latency of your connection. I recommend going to one of them just to see what they say about your connection. The one I frequent most is http://www.speedtest.net.

I wish you luck and improvement in your fireworks games. :)

Thank you for sharing your video. I've always wondered how you and others can score so high. I hope I can finally hit the 7000 mark but not sure how much more my computer can do. I tried the website you mentioned and my results were 745 kb/s 136 kb/s. I don't know really what those numbers mean. The results made them look not so good so I'm wondering is it worth upgrading to a higher speed? Thanks

Well, for a comparison, I just tested my computer (I'm on vacation, and can't remember what my normal numbers are), and got these results:
SpeedTest.netresult.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter