Fireworks 2021

I think the issue with any night time show is not social distancing DURING the show but AFTER. Everyone heading in the same direction all at once, then the huge clog of ppl at transportion/exit. Even worst it will happen at NIGHT, where CM totally loss control.

Not sure if anyone else here buys the annual "Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World", but the 2021 version was just released (and has all the up-to-date COVID ride info) and I bought a copy in preparation for my trip next week.

They have a tidbit in there called 'Disney Dish with Jim Hill' where a famous (or infamous, depending on your take!) Disney Insider talks about what may be on the horizon for the parks in the coming years. In this version of the Guide, he talks about the dismantling of RoL, and how the current plan is to reinstate an Animal Kingdom nighttime show with a full Lion King theme. He mentioned tying it to an as-now-unconfirmed upcoming Lion King prequel movie. Anyway, I think that could be a cool idea; I'd love to see what Disney does with a Lion King-themed nighttime show in that space!
We saw the Tree of Life Awakenings of the Lion King scenes and liked it more than Rivers of Life-we watched several segments-

Not sure if anyone else here buys the annual "Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World", but the 2021 version was just released (and has all the up-to-date COVID ride info) and I bought a copy in preparation for my trip next week.

They have a tidbit in there called 'Disney Dish with Jim Hill' where a famous (or infamous, depending on your take!) Disney Insider talks about what may be on the horizon for the parks in the coming years. In this version of the Guide, he talks about the dismantling of RoL, and how the current plan is to reinstate an Animal Kingdom nighttime show with a full Lion King theme. He mentioned tying it to an as-now-unconfirmed upcoming Lion King prequel movie. Anyway, I think that could be a cool idea; I'd love to see what Disney does with a Lion King-themed nighttime show in that space!
I'm game for anything and everything Lion King!!

I don't think HEA will come back until after the 50th Anniversary celebration is over, which I think will be in early 2023. I don't see how they could do it with all that stuff on the castle, the projections wouldn't look right.

I don't think HEA will come back until after the 50th Anniversary celebration is over, which I think will be in early 2023. I don't see how they could do it with all that stuff on the castle, the projections wouldn't look right.

I never considered this, but I think you’re totally right.

The Disney Parks Blog has sponsored Live Streams of most of these events and shows and can probably be found in their archives.
Although , it would be obviously , much more convenient to just post them on Disney+ Channel Seriously Disney please.
I know they had Live Stream of HEA Happily Ever After fireworks replay, for resort guests nightly on the TVs in room (channel 74, I think)
I loved that perk. Thank you, Disney

P.S. dear Disney please release more of the live streams for replay on Disney+

Last edited:
Our trip is Sept so probably have optimistic bias lol. This is what I think about falling asleep...
In June WDW feels it is now reasonably safe to have 3ft spacing outside with masks for shows. Vaccinations should already have been administered to all interested adults and hopefully we’re entering the stage where vaccines are clearly reducing spread rates and severe illness.

What could come back?

HarmoniUS can debut In Epcot. Plenty of room for viewing. Just not sure how many more months/years they need for final tweaks (remember RoL?)

Indy Jones at HS. They’ll need to change the huge rolling stone ball into a coronavirus and use the plane flames to win. Don’t laugh, this show can totally come back 😃

Festival of the Lion King on Water at AK. Replacing RoL is a show I’ve only dreamed about. Great sound system and tumbling monkeys on a raft. All set.

Fantasmic! At HS. Open up a wall backstage. Get some circulation going. Make us cry when Mickey vanquishes evil by using the power of his imagination. That snake’s previous form was a viral protein spike.

Happily Ever After FIREWORKS at MK. They’ll need to put big dots on the ground and close off viewing areas as they fill. In my dream the hub is not the only awesome spot because projections will be playing around the park. There will be area in different lands also with dots on the ground that can be roped off when filled.

Genie could help with the safety logistics. Virtual Queues used for assigning spots, and very importantly trying to balance the limited spots fairly when possible. Starting from HS, what if you can only join the F! or Indy VQ if you don’t have a BG for RotR? Or maybe we get a choice between FoP or FoLKoW.

Some of this could open over the summer, right? PeopleMover and Space220 might need another year 😆

Our trip is Sept so probably have optimistic bias lol. This is what I think about falling asleep...
In June WDW feels it is now reasonably safe to have 3ft spacing outside with masks for shows. Vaccinations should already have been administered to all interested adults and hopefully we’re entering the stage where vaccines are clearly reducing spread rates and severe illness.

What could come back?

HarmoniUS can debut In Epcot. Plenty of room for viewing. Just not sure how many more months/years they need for final tweaks (remember RoL?)

Indy Jones at HS. They’ll need to change the huge rolling stone ball into a coronavirus and use the plane flames to win. Don’t laugh, this show can totally come back 😃

Festival of the Lion King on Water at AK. Replacing RoL is a show I’ve only dreamed about. Great sound system and tumbling monkeys on a raft. All set.

Fantasmic! At HS. Open up a wall backstage. Get some circulation going. Make us cry when Mickey vanquishes evil by using the power of his imagination. That snake’s previous form was a viral protein spike.

Happily Ever After FIREWORKS at MK. They’ll need to put big dots on the ground and close off viewing areas as they fill. In my dream the hub is not the only awesome spot because projections will be playing around the park. There will be area in different lands also with dots on the ground that can be roped off when filled.

Genie could help with the safety logistics. Virtual Queues used for assigning spots, and very importantly trying to balance the limited spots fairly when possible. Starting from HS, what if you can only join the F! or Indy VQ if you don’t have a BG for RotR? Or maybe we get a choice between FoP or FoLKoW.

Some of this could open over the summer, right? PeopleMover and Space220 might need another year 😆

The way things are going I could easily see fireworks back soon, just depends on what WDW wants to do from a PR standpoint. As you stated above those who want the vaccine should be able to get it by the end of May nationwide. Heck several states cannot fill the appointments they have now. Here in Texas its pretty much back to normal with only a few private businesses mandating masks which I will if posted or asked. Cases aren't exploding like projected even after filling up sports stadiums. That's a good thing!!! I may be dreaming, but I could easily see masks at WDW only being required indoors very soon.

Surprised at the strong emotions towards Rivers of Light! My last trip was just before it was released, I think. Or maybe we just missed it. I'd bet on Epcot seeing a return first too, especially with the barges and the crowd spreadability.

There will probably be a new fireworks show for the 50th. I wish they would bring something back for the summer though. If not HEA then maybe Wishes?

Currently Disney is finally polishing and cleaning with paint and construction walls to prepare for MK Anniversray . Castle has been adorned with sparkly and gold glimmer that will shine for night-time projections. I expect a downplay on fireworks in future stage shows and nightly performances. But they are currently working on the Castle Stage.

If you pay attention to the Epcot Harmonius barge construction,
, expect to see the lighting and colors bouncing off the water movement as it swirls around and also the music interacting...probably one huge finale of fireworks forthe Riviera Resort Guests nightly to see from that rooftop and scenic view from their balcony.
Sad but those firework shows are past their prime in today’s environment. Just my opinion... Hope am I wrong if that helps.

i never got to see RoL, i was supposed to when i was there in 2019, but it being Florida and June it rained both days i was at AK around 6pm and didn't stop all night.

Too bad. But I believe there will be a NEW nighttime show for Disney 50. Always something new that you can adopt as YOUR Disney memory.

The Disney Parks Blog has sponsored Live Streams of most of these events and shows and can probably be found in their archives.
Although , it would be obviously , much more convenient to just post them on Disney+ Channel Seriously Disney please.
I know they had Live Stream of HEA Happily Ever After fireworks replay, for resort guests nightly on the TVs in room (channel 74, I think)
I loved that perk. Thank you, Disney

P.S. dear Disney please release more of the live streams for replay on Disney+

Was browsing Disney+, and watched the Paris Disney night time show last weekend. Searched for others and didn't see any.

I know you can find them on youtube... and sometimes I'll go back to see Wishes again. But doesn't compare to a professionally done segment...

Was browsing Disney+, and watched the Paris Disney night time show last weekend. Searched for others and didn't see any.

I know you can find them on youtube... and sometimes I'll go back to see Wishes again. But doesn't compare to a professionally done segment...

They should definitely add more of those to D+!

I actually like the non-professional ones better, or at least the non-Disney made ones. They use too many cameras and change views way too often, that it detracts from the show. I wish they'd set up one camera from an ideal vantage point and just let me see the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter