• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Fired CP's

Hello, I'm in the college program at Disneyland and I wanted to know what our points are. I know everyone is saying that you get 1 point when you call-in and .5 points when you're less than 2 hours late but I got 3 points for calling in one day and 1.5 points for being 15 minutes late. Doesn't seem right to me.

Disneyland has a completely different Attendance Matrix. Most of the people on this board are familiar with the Disney World version. I believe poster glendalais on this board used to work at DLR in California and is more familiar with their system.

I don't know if it was mentioned or not in these pages [I breezed through the reading...] and I also don't know if this will work for CP's, but in addition to 'ER's, there is also RoS.

ER [Early Release] does not appear on your record card, and allows you to leave your shift earlier than scheduled. You have to request an ER through the CDS system [and normally when you first show up for work... since they normally are first come, first served.] ER's are only given when the conditions are right. Like low park attendance, minimal or no call-ins for your shift time, etc.

RoS [Release of Shift] is done in extreme cases when ER's are not able to be given. This will show up on your record card, but does not create a point. It only notates it so that managers can keep track of when you are requesting to leave, since some cast members might make RoS'ing a habit. I have been RoS'ed before for becoming excessively lightheaded multiple times in the day, and having an insulin pump malfunction while on the clock.

Okay I have not read all of these replies yet...but you keep talking about personal days. Can you not have a PLANNED day off that you ask off for. For example....we are planning on visiting our dd when she is doing the spring program. Can she ask way ahead of time to be off a certain day when we are there??? Will she get a point for that???? I don't understand how people can just call in a PERSONAL DAY when they are scheduled to work that day. :confused: To me... I can see why you would get a POINT. :confused3 Wouldn't that mean they would be short by one CM that shift???

Okay I have not read all of these replies yet...but you keep talking about personal days. Can you not have a PLANNED day off that you ask off for. For example....we are planning on visiting our dd when she is doing the spring program. Can she ask way ahead of time to be off a certain day when we are there??? Will she get a point for that???? I don't understand how people can just call in a PERSONAL DAY when they are scheduled to work that day. :confused: To me... I can see why you would get a POINT. :confused3 Wouldn't that mean they would be short by one CM that shift???

All Cast Members may request time off in advance, which may or may not be approved in line with the labour needs of the operation. If it is approved, they obviously would not incur Attendance Notations (points) for doing so.

It is when a Cast Member is scheduled to work a shift and calls in to say that they are not coming, that Attendance Notations are issued. This is very much in line with common practice at most companies.

For anyone curious about Disneyland point system, all I know is

1.5 points for being late. Doesn't matter how late. So if you're 2 or 3 hours late still 1.5 points. But do call scheduling and let them know you'll be late so they can let the RC/lead/manager know.

3 points for calling out sick. (I believe it's up to 3 or is it 5 consecutive days and still 3 points before needing a doctors note.)

3 points for personal call out. Counts each time, no consecutive days.

3 points if you need to leave your shift early for any reason that wasn't an ER approved by a lead/manager

That's all I know at the moment. I'm currently in the CP and have gotten points for most of these. So just be careful because they can rack up quite fast before you know it.

All Cast Members may request time off in advance, which may or may not be approved in line with the labour needs of the operation. If it is approved, they obviously would not incur Attendance Notations (points) for doing so.

It is when a Cast Member is scheduled to work a shift and calls in to say that they are not coming, that Attendance Notations are issued. This is very much in line with common practice at most companies.

Okay thanks for clarifying that. However it still seems odd to me that someone would still call in a PERSONAL day when they were scheduled to work. I guess if they never got a day approved off that they asked for.....maybe but don't these kids get at least one or two days off a week??

Okay thanks for clarifying that. However it still seems odd to me that someone would still call in a PERSONAL day when they were scheduled to work. I guess if they never got a day approved off that they asked for.....maybe but don't these kids get at least one or two days off a week??

They are given days off every week. Some pick up additional shifts during these times, but their schedule will contain 1-2 days off per wk.

Our son typically had the same two days off thru his program. What he did during our Easter visit last yr was request well in advance to have these "off" days scheduled to coincide with our visit. This was granted and worked out really well.

All Cast Members do receive time off each week. We've all heard of people calling in sick to the office and then going off and doing whatever. Of course you're not supposed to, since it impacts the business, but people still do it anyway. The main difference at Disney is that we realise that it happens and thus differentiate between calling in when you're actually sick and calling in because you need/want to do something else.

For CPs there is no "personal" call in. A call in is a call in, regardless of the reason. BIG NO-NO ALERT for CPs: Do NOT enter a park on a day you have called in. Do not go shopping at DTD. If you were too "sick" to work, you were too "sick" to do anything else. Just a word to the wise...

Well when I called in they asked me if it was personal or sick. Either way I got a point but they still asked. it was weird.

Well when I called in they asked me if it was personal or sick. Either way I got a point but they still asked. it was weird.

That's because when you call in they don't really have a way of differentiating you from a regular employee. The Call-In people won't know, but your managers sure will.

It doesn't make a difference if you call in sick or personal as a CP. You still get a point and you still SHOULD NOT go anywhere near Disney property.

Note: The last part wasn't really directed towards anyone. I don't want to start another argument about it :P

That's because when you call in they don't really have a way of differentiating you from a regular employee. The Call-In people won't know, but your managers sure will.

It doesn't make a difference if you call in sick or personal as a CP. You still get a point and you still SHOULD NOT go anywhere near Disney property.

Note: The last part wasn't really directed towards anyone. I don't want to start another argument about it :P

Oh no worries! Totally understood that while on the cp anyways. I thought it was stupid to call in and then go to the parks...kind of stupid in my opinion. Lol. I do know that if you go to the parks earlier, then call into work, like say you to sick after being in the parks, you can still get into trouble. The getting sick park happened to me, but I ended up going into work and talking to the coordinator and she gave me a relief is shift(i seriously looked like I was going to pass out). She was my hero!

On your record card each call in is noted as personal or sick, even for CP's. So you can call in personal, it just may not make a difference in anything other than how its notated. When I was a CP I was told you could use your ID when you called in personal and I remember doing so. These kinds of rules change all the time though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter