Finger foods and hors d'oeuvres for fall party

Ham Puffs

-1 package (2-1/2 ounces) thinly sliced deli ham, chopped (I always go to the deli counter and ask for a one inch hunk of ham that I dice-like the tiny ham cubes at salad bars.)
-1 small onion, chopped
-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese(Swiss could also be used. We prefer cheddar.)
-1 large egg
-1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
-1/8 teaspoon pepper
-1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls

-Preheat oven to 375°. Combine the first six ingredients. Divide crescent dough into 24 portions. Press into greased mini muffin cups.

-Spoon 1 tablespoon ham mixture into each cup. Bake until golden brown, 13-15 minutes.

I usually double the recipe.

Mini Chocolate-Chip Pumpkin Muffins

-1 Cup canned pumpkin
-2 Eggs
-1 Cup firmly packed brown sugar(I use light brown sugar.)
-1/4 Cup vegetable oil
-3 Cups all-purpose baking mix (I use Bisquik)
-1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
-1 package (6 ounces) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl or mixer, combine pumpkin, eggs, oil and brown sugar. Add baking mix and spice; mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Grease a mini muffin tin. Fill muffin cups about two-thirds full. Bake 8-11 minutes depending on your oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a few muffins comes out clean.

I never make this recipe WITHOUT doubling it. They go very quickly at parties

Ham Puffs

-1 package (2-1/2 ounces) thinly sliced deli ham, chopped (I always go to the deli counter and ask for a one inch hunk of ham that I dice-like the tiny ham cubes at salad bars.)
-1 small onion, chopped
-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese(Swiss could also be used. We prefer cheddar.)
-1 large egg
-1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
-1/8 teaspoon pepper
-1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls

-Preheat oven to 375°. Combine the first six ingredients. Divide crescent dough into 24 portions. Press into greased mini muffin cups.

-Spoon 1 tablespoon ham mixture into each cup. Bake until golden brown, 13-15 minutes.

I usually double the recipe.

Mini Chocolate-Chip Pumpkin Muffins

-1 Cup canned pumpkin
-2 Eggs
-1 Cup firmly packed brown sugar(I use light brown sugar.)
-1/4 Cup vegetable oil
-3 Cups all-purpose baking mix (I use Bisquik)
-1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
-1 package (6 ounces) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl or mixer, combine pumpkin, eggs, oil and brown sugar. Add baking mix and spice; mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Grease a mini muffin tin. Fill muffin cups about two-thirds full. Bake 8-11 minutes depending on your oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a few muffins comes out clean.

I never make this recipe WITHOUT doubling it. They go very quickly at parties
those pumpkin muffins look great and easy - thanks

WOW...you have really outdone yourselves! Every single thing mentioned sounds soooo good. If it's not made for the fall party, I will definitely be trying it out at home. Many of the recipes would make a great lunch or dinner any time. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! :goodvibes

You can cut down the sweetness of this by using bottled chilli sauce instead of ketchup, and of course it works great with regular meatballs too (I use homemade turkey meatballs with spinach and garlic mixed in). Some people sub out the grape jelly for cranberry sauce, which I guess would make it a little more seasonally appealing. This dish is always a winner! :thumbsup2
I love the cranberry sauce idea-will try that next time.

Thank you, everyone for all these great recipes.. With the holidays coming up I have some great new ideas.

I love the cranberry sauce idea-will try that next time.
Personally, I never do them that way - I love the grape jelly. :lovestruc The idea of cranberries does make it seem a little more festive though!

Got to come up with food ideas for a fall party for a civic group I belong to. It's pretty much just finger foods but forks are frequently used. Last party with this group, a woman actually made the crackers that were used with a spread she made. Yes, "home made crackers"! Not going to that extreme but I'd like to find interesting, tasty stuff for fall. Anything you like and are willing to share?

Yes, here’s an easy one! Buy a wheel of Brie, pour a bottle of pepper jelly overtop, pop in the oven for a short while to melt the cheese a bit, serve with crackers. This dish is even good cold.

Dates stuffed w/ an almond wrapped with bacon. Bake in oven until bacon is cooked. Might sound weird, at least it did to me as I have never had a date before, but boy it was super tasty and easy!

Take a block of cream cheese. Put on plate (large plate with an edge). Cover with salsa. Serve with Wheat Thin crackers for scooping.

For any party-

Buffalo Chicken Dip

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup cooked chicken breast
1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
1/2 cup ranch or blue cheese salad dressing
2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
French bread baguette slices, celery ribs or tortilla chips

Preheat oven to 350°. Spread cream cheese into an ungreased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Layer with chicken, wing sauce and salad dressing. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with baguette slices.

Test Kitchen Tips
Shredded rotisserie chicken works well.
If you want an ooey-gooey top with very little browning, cover with foil when baking.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/buffalo-chicken-dip/
More Fall:

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a56270/pumpkin-spice-pretzel-bites-recipe/

Take a block of cream cheese. Put on plate (large plate with an edge). Cover with salsa. Serve with Wheat Thin crackers for scooping.

The more classic version of this uses PickaPeppa Sauce. Growing up in the South, I was told always to keep a block of cream cheese, some fresh crackers, and a new bottle of Pickapeppa on hand, That is the go-to pantry staple when unexpected guests drop by.

As to the dates, I can't serve them whole. I'm fine with them chopped up in baking, but I simply cannot eat a whole date, because they look uncannily like roasted Palmetto Bugs.
(Just the THOUGHT is making me shudder. Uggh.)

The more classic version of this uses PickaPeppa Sauce. Growing up in the South, I was told always to keep a block of cream cheese, some fresh crackers, and a new bottle of Pickapeppa on hand, That is the go-to pantry staple when unexpected guests drop by.
My very southern Mother-in-law always has those things on hand for the same reason. I use raspberry chipotle sauce on mine.

I use the chilli sauce and it's great with it. I also add some crushed red pepper to give it even more of a kick.
Me too. A squirt of sirracha and a tablespoon of Dijon, a small bottle of sweet Chile sauce and a small jar of grape jam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter