Finally - walkway from Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom is coming?

So when you apply that into a canal, it's not about building a bridge. It's about stormwater runoff and its impacts.

Yeah, obviously this isn't the permit to actually build a bridge but we never see that stuff- the vast majority of rumors and news breaks come from permits relating to stormwater runoff. That's the only thing they have to file publicly.

The address of the permit is 3291 Floridian Way, which is right at the first entrance to the Grand Floridian. Also, if you look at the aerial shots I linked to the crane is set up on the side of the canal closest to GF- not the side where the path to nowhere is. Could be nothing, but it's interesting.

Last edited:
The address of the permit is 3291 Floridian Way, which is right at the first entrance to the Grand Floridian. Also, if you look at the aerial shots I linked to the crane is set up on the side of the canal closest to GF- not the side where the path to nowhere is. Could be nothing, but it's interesting.

Well, sure the address of the permit is the first entrance of GF - you have to use a real address, and "second canal alligator on the left" is not legally valid on a permit.

A crane would not be anywhere near the first major equipment for an operation to build a bridge. Too much excavation to start with before you need a crane.

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/new...connecting-grand-floridian-and-magic-kingdom/
'In a statement, an official said, “This walking path from Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will give our Walt Disney World Resort hotel Guests another convenient way to reach Magic Kingdom Park.”'
Well, an official statement confirms the rumor. Now I own at two resorts within walking distance of the parks. If they could just add a walkway between AK and AKL, I’ll never have to deal with Disney transportation again.

Well, an official statement confirms the rumor. Now I own at two resorts within walking distance of the parks. If they could just add a walkway between AK and AKL, I’ll never have to deal with Disney transportation again.

Same here! I don’t know if DH or I am more excited. He’s very blasé about most things related to Disney compared to me, but he’s really pumped about this.

Walking to the parks at WDW is so freeing. I always split an Epcot and MK resort for this reason. Sadly, I have never stayed at AKL (only dined there). If some new type of transportation or path opened there, that would definitely change!

Same here! I don’t know if DH or I am more excited. He’s very blasé about most things related to Disney compared to me, but he’s really pumped about this.
When I told my mom the news she asked me how soon can we use the path 😂

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/new...connecting-grand-floridian-and-magic-kingdom/
'In a statement, an official said, “This walking path from Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will give our Walt Disney World Resort hotel Guests another convenient way to reach Magic Kingdom Park.”'

Not to sound overly critical but I wish this story clarified exactly to whom the statement was made, either by citing another source or explicitly stating that LaughingPlace itself received confirmation. As written, it's rather ambiguous.

Not to sound overly critical but I wish this story clarified exactly to whom the statement was made, either by citing another source or explicitly stating that LaughingPlace itself received confirmation. As written, it's rather ambiguous.
The statement they quoted (and tried some subsets) is not on any page of the go.com domain nor prnewswire.com so it would seem to me that it must have been a private confirmation to LaughingPlace, also none of the other rumor/news sites are posting confirmations at this point.

The statement they quoted (and tried some subsets) is not on any page of the go.com domain nor prnewswire.com so it would seem to me that it must have been a private confirmation to LaughingPlace, also none of the other rumor/news sites are posting confirmations at this point.

That's my point. I'm probably being overly skeptical, but it's unusual for Disney to officially confirm a project of this nature (construction / infrastructure changes) to a non-mainstream news outlet.

That's my point. I'm probably being overly skeptical, but it's unusual for Disney to officially confirm a project of this nature (construction / infrastructure changes) to a non-mainstream news outlet.
I agree with you and won't believe it until I see a press release or an announcement from an authorized source. Until then, it's just an unconfirmed rumor.

That permit could just be to handle construction run off or other water being diverted due to the road construction. Government entities don't allow water to be drained into ponds or canals or ditches without an approved permit.

The Laughing Place said they were emailed the statement by an official WDW spokesperson after an inquiry. I don't see any reason to doubt them, but of course an official announcement would be nice.

Here's a photo of the crane being set up today form a poster at wdwmagic:

0b339645-28cb-4d74-82f1-029165f723fb-jpeg.389291

it's about time and it shouldn't take long...one small bridge and a short extension of the beautiful walk-way to nowhere

it's about time and it shouldn't take long...one small bridge and a short extension of the beautiful walk-way to nowhere

The existing pavers are all being torn up and replaced. They will need at least 1 bridge, possibly 2 unless they plan to route guests up to the existing motor vehicle bridge on Floridian Way--which itself would need a sidewalk and perhaps some barrier added. The existing gravel (?) path on the western side of the route will almost certainly be improved for guest use. Some sort of barrier needs to be added between the path and the shoreline to protect guests from wildlife.

my bad....I forgot about the the water section where the electrical parade floats are parked,,,,that's where we need a drawbridge

In any event, it will be a well-used addition to the GF......especially when leaving MK after a parade or fireworks.

They should put ropes/vines hanging from an overhead and make people act like Tarzan (with sound effects) to get across the canal. New ride OUTSIDE the parks you have to ride to get to the parks.
Now THAT I would love. Disney spies..... patent that.......
:teeth:

Hello! Are there currently any ideas on when the bridge will be completed? Might make a difference in where we plan to stay on Spring break this year. Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!