Finally, Mythos' menu effective march 1 (today)

TheSecondCook

Now known as "TheFirstCook"
Hey, everybody. Long time, no see. I just got home from work and wanted to share the new menu chnages that were finally initiated today. It's taken a while to get the new men ufinalized due to schedualing conflicts and vp approvals and the like, but it's up!

Gone are the: tortilla soup, tuna tenderloin w/ wasabi mash, bbq tender ribs, house sald w/ tart cherry vinaigrette, sterling strip steak, gorgon fiochette w/ pumpkin broth, and the mythos buffalo chicken wrap.

New menu items are:

Cream of asparagus soup, with cheddar mash and a cheddar crisp. Very good. I'm a big fan of cream soups, so it takes alot to impress me!

Mahi pad thai. A pan seared mahi mahi fillet on top of soba noodles, oriental vegetables and pad thai and teriyaki sauces. Garnished w/ a vegetable spring roll.

Crusted pork tenderlon. Pan seared pork fenderloin w/ a rustic grist crust, plantains, spinach, and a black bean infused broth.

Mythos house salad, w/ spring mix, citrus vinaigrette, herb flatbread, cucumbers, cherry tomatos, red onion, a burgandy-marinated feta square and a pan seared lemon half.

Sterling ribeye steak, w/ a mushroom baked potato, white trufle compound butter and fried tabasco onions. This was the other item I was blown away by. Our previous steak dish was good, but we all felt as if we could offer an even better steak plate. The flavor of the ribeye is a cut and above that of the strip's, and the mushroom potato offers a wonderful variety of flavors and textures. I highly recommend this sucker!

Gorgon fiocette pasta bundles w/ grilled chicken, roasted corn, black beans, tomatos and a sofrito broth. Sofrito is sort of a puerto rican pesto. This is a bold, but good dish.

And finally, It's a Wrap (Wrap of the day!) We've been trying to get the wrap of the day back because it kept us interested and creative. All of the stafrf had fun coming up with new ideas, so it's back. The buffalo chicken wrap will remain a little longer as the daily selection until we get the new mneu kinked out and can get the creation process going on the new wrap selections. Look for mine, a honey mustard club wrap, in the next coupel of weeks!

WEll, other than that I can't think of any news to interject. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Randy

You are making me hungry looking at the new selections. I wish I could come up tomorrow, but I guess I will have to wait until 3/16.

I'm sitting here salivating! Everything sounds so wonderful. I'll just have to start planning my next visit!

I'm sitting here salivating! Everything sounds so wonderful. I'll just have to start planning my next visit!
I'm so jealous of you guys who get to go there every weekend.

The new house salad sounds amazing, wish I could try it soon.:(

They all sound wonderful and we are just glad that the lobster/corn bisque made the cut because my daughter is still raving about that and she is NOT generally a soup eater! I will be getting that next time.
Is the mahi dish the same as the one chef mark made for us with the snapper during MG-Con? That was a terrific dish but now I have to try it again to see how it is with mahi, and taste the added spring roll!
Thanks for the update second cook... how nice to feel like I have a "friend on the inside"
:jester:

Thanks Randy!
Will try that sucker you're recommending 3/24!

MIB9's: Do we get a M.R. (meal report) later today? Have fun there!
Jim

I'll be there 03/28 - 03/29 when spring break starts for South Florida kids. Everything sounds so good. I'm not a sea food fan, instead, it's alfredo pasta, philly cheese steaks, and creamy soups that you can dunk bread into. That kind of oooey gooey food seems popular these days.

On another note, just booked my Cedar Point trip for May. If you're flying anywhere, book now, because the rates are creaping up. My circle trip of FLL -> CLE -> STL -> FLL started at $325, now it's $342, so I booked. And no, I don't use any priceline sites, I book directly so I can pick my own times.

Originally posted by h20jag
Thanks Randy!
Will try that sucker you're recommending 3/24!

MIB9's: Do we get a M.R. (meal report) later today? Have fun there!
Jim

Ok, H2Ojag: the asparagus soup is ok, not the exciting flavors of the tortilla soup. The cheddar mash in the middle adds to the soup. I mean asparagus just is not exciting.

The Rib-Eye is fantastic according to MsDis, we met out there saturday to do some MIB target evaluation and then we had lunch at Mythos.

i had the rissoto which was great as usual.

I think I will try the mahi pad thai next.

Toob ad about the ribs. I guess I will need to go to BGT for some nice ones. I ate their ribs yesterday and they were pretty good. The bones were huge! :)

i have always liked the ribs at BGT. It is just easier to drive to Mythos than to Tampa:eek:

We'll be in Orlando in 4 weeks, 5 days and have 3 days planned at Universal/IOA.

Is Mythos at IOA or Universal?

Do we need reservations if we want to eat there for dinner? If so, what number do we call?

MYTHOS is in the Lost Continent in IOA.

Check the closing time before you assume they will be open for dinner.

The mahi sounds outstanding.

The reemergence of the wrap sounds great too..

Too bad it may change before August...

Everything sounds go good. I will be there in a month I cant wait to try the honey mustard wrap. I had the Buffalo Chicken wrap last trip, it was SOOOOOO GOOOOOD!!

Thanks the info.

Patty

I called to check on the hours for the week of 3/25..they are open until 10 pm. Does anyone know of a fully updated site that shows the new menu?:bounce:

Ah, SecondCook! You tempt me in the most sublime of ways! Our Mythos meal was by far one of the best we've ever had in Florida.

We thought about trying (gasp!) Confiscos this time down, but your words have tickled my imagination and we may have to book that Mythos meal instead. :D

Hey Gang,

Can you tell me how it works? Do I need to have a reservation? and how do I do this? I cant seem to find any numbers on their site?

--Wendy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter