Figment's retrun!?!

The really funny thing (only its not actually amusing) is that there is literally tons of figment merchandise for sale at Imagination, while the little dragon is conspicuously absent from the attraction itself. The far end of the shop, near the exit doors, is virtually nothing but Figment items - shirts, pins, magnets, frames, stuffed Figments - you name it. In fact, with the larger shop than the old JII, it certainly feels like there is more Figment merchandise now than when he was actually in the ride!

I personally like the new ride......................... nevermind. It's horrible!!!! Whoever came up with it should be a speed bump on Test Track. But i have to admit, the upside down toilet in the upside down bathroom is pretty cool. I mean after all, it sums up the whole ride.

Ok, about the Imageworks shop (or whatever its called, I can't remember) at the end of the ride......didn't the cool stuff used to be upstairs?? I liked those pin thingies....and then couldn't you paint onething on the wall with some sort of computer brush or something?? and then the huge kalideoscopes!! I liked the music stepping stones better than she stupid sound ones now.......and my personal favorite, the Blue Screen show.....I seem to remember doing it for at least an hour over and over again when I was like 8......we spent a huge amount of our Epcot time upstairs at Imagination.......and another thing...isn't the ride shorter? I thought when you used to walk into to building, you would almost immeadiately get on the ride, but it may just be me....

Originally posted by Disnsyncey
Ok, about the Imageworks shop (or whatever its called, I can't remember) at the end of the ride.....didn't the cool stuff used to be upstairs??.....we spent a huge amount of our Epcot time upstairs at Imagination......and another thing...isn't the ride shorter? I thought when you used to walk into to building, you would almost immeadiately get on the ride, but it may just be me

Yes, Imageworks used to be upstairs, and the ride is now considerably shorter. You formerly boarded in one large room at the entrance (where the small merchandise location was located also).

I'm hoping the rehab restores the attraction to the full length, though I have no reason to believe this is in the plans (or no reason to believe it isn't)!

I'm hoping the rehab restores the attraction to the full length, though I have no reason to believe this is in the plans (or no reason to believe it isn't)!

It will be shorter......

I can conferm the bringing back of Figment. Look at my new thread. It also states whats wrong with the fountain.

As for ImageWorks, it's still there. My wife and I were upstairs in May on the Undiscovered Future World tour. Everything is still in place, but it felt like a graveyard.

This was just another example of when budgeteers make the decisions. WDI probably had some great ideas for the ride, but their budget was cut so severely that they didn't have the money to do it right. What we got is the best they could due with such a small budget.

Wan't it Eisner's decision to retire Figment (I thought I remember reading that)? Originally, Fingment wasn't supposed to be in the ride at all. But public outcry forced them to add Figment at the last minute. That's why Figment looks like an afterthought, because he was.

Again, save money up front and spend a ton more later to fix the problem. Hopefully Disney is learning from their mistakes. Spend the money to do it right the first time.

Originally posted by daber
As for ImageWorks, it's still there. My wife and I were upstairs in May on the Undiscovered Future World tour. Everything is still in place, but it felt like a graveyard.

Is it off limits to the general public now and only visible via the tour? Or is it that there is access to it but not easy to find?

The entire 1st floor playarea used to be ride area.
The new line area used to be ride area (why they decided that they'd need additional line space of that magnitude is beyond me, except that they considered it 'part' of the ride...telling the story of the II through the video spots).
And I am agast that the 2nd floor has gone unused after having it taken away from us for, what I thought, was a Kodak lounge area.
The 2nd floor is what made the pavilion extra special. You got to over look the park through all the glass, they had great photo displays and it was comfortable (not smashed together like the new one).
Well Kodak lost a lot of my respect when they did this and even more now.
-------
From what I gathered, Eisner was just as surprised with the failure of this attraction as we all were, apparently what he was being told was not being delivered in the final product.

I first visited EPCOT when it was E.P.C.O.T in 1982 and JYI was my favorite memory. I remember Dreamfinder and Figment standing outside after I got off the attraction near the jumping water fountains. I looked forward to seeing the new update last year when I returned to EPCOT after almost 20 years.

YUCK.

We took a survey near the entrance to the park at the end of the day. They asked us about our food, line times, kids ages, and a bunch of other stuff. No questions having to do with JIYI.

I have often read since then that they were fixing the ride. I also heard that Eisner hated the thing too. Maybe we could all form a little club.

I had also read that the IMAGE WORKS was going to become a corporate lounge for Kodak. I could understand that because they gave Disney a ton of money for the pavillion. I cannot understand it just sitting there rotting.

Here's hoping that they come through with a fix that we can enjoy. It will still compete with my memories, however, I can probably learn to live with it!

ImageWorks is OFF Limits to the General Public. Unless you are cast, or on the tour, you can't go upstairs. Access was either by the winding stairs or the elevator in the enlarged JIYI gift shop, both of which are roped off. If Kodak considers it to be their Corporte lounge, then they are really being ripped off. The same tour did take us to the Corporate lounge in the Living Seas, which was impressive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter