Fertile Seed Concept--for wives only :) LONG WINDED!

Tigger&Belle

<font color=blue>I'm the good girl on the DIS<br><
OK, women, we all know about planting that seed in the brain of our husbands about most anything that we want and hoping that it will germinate. Of course sometimes that wonderful idea turns into his idea, which is just fine.

I mentioned to my DH some time ago that we should get his parents to come visit, watch our kids, and then we could go to WDW just the two of us. At the time the challenge was just getting his parents to visit, but I think that they are going to do that. Now it's where to go. My husband likes WDW ok, but is fine with a visit every, oh, 10 years. I'm the type that likes to get an AP every 2-3 years and then go several times in that year before taking a little break.

In February I brought my 4yo to WDW and the 2 of us bought annual passes because we're planning on meeting my 81yo mother at WDW in December. Of course I will now try to squeeze as many visits out of my AP as I can manage...

Back to where we go without the children. Yesterday my DH was kind of hinting that he didn't really feel the need to go to WDW, even though it has been 3 years since he has been, but he knows that I like it there and he wants to do what I want (cue romantic music... :teeth: ). We were discussing some alternatives, but of course I made sure to suggest alternatives that weren't as good as WDW.

Tonight he told me that he thinks that WDW is a good idea and he is willing to go at my pace (I have a hard time even stopping for meals and am happy to bring snacks and eat those and/or eat a PB&J sandwich in my room after the parks close). I did happen to slip in that without the kids that we could go to California Grill and Boma. That got him thinking and he mentioned that we'd be able to do all the things that the kids don't have the patience for. The real clincher was when I mentioned that the Food & Wine Festival would be going on when we would be there. Why didn't I mention that to him first? Would have saved me a lot of work.

He's now way convinced that we should go. When we'd talked a few weeks ago he was talking about staying offsite to save money and now he's asking me where I'd like to stay, including the deluxe resorts. What in the heck has gotten into him--a bonus that he forgot to tell me about?

The seed has not only germinated, but has taken over the garden I do believe!!!

Can you tell that I'm a little excited? Now to get my in-laws here to watch the kids.

:earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

I had to share here--my friends would never understand.
T&B

Wow! Congratulations!! I need to try this with my husband! :hyper:

Have a wonderful trip and let us all know how it turns out.

:wave2:

It can work for all sorts of things. I didn't mean to use it the other day when I complained about how unreliable our van is and before we sink much more $ into it that we should think about getting a new van. You have to understand, I buy brand new vehicles, but keep them for about 9-10 years (my DH car is 10 years old and we have no plans to get a new car) and my van is only 4 years old. That seed took root and my DH is ready to buy a new van as soon as I give him the word. And I wasn't really trying to plant the seed that time.

BTW, for any men reading this, I am really not the sexist wife that I appear to be! :teeth: And I'm sure that my DH has a few tricks up his sleeve to convince me to do certain things. :yo-yo:

T&B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter