February'22 trip advice

For day excursions, I'm sure the kids would love the dole plantation and getting shave ice at Matsumoto's. You should also definitely see Pearl Harbor, but the younger kids might get bored.

Go to Kawela Bay beach park and see the Banyan tree.

Drive over to Hanauma Bay and the lookouts on the southeast side of the island.

You need a car and I wouldn't try to cram six people into a one bedroom villa. You'd do better in two standard hotel rooms IMO, and probably around the same price.

I'd really recommend changing your entire mindset though. You don't want to spend 8 or 9 nights at Aulani and not do much else. There are dozens of incredible things to do and see all around the island. I wouldn't do planned "excursions," but absolutely plan on driving all over the place.
But will they have a kitchen in hotel rooms?

But will they have a kitchen in hotel rooms?

1, 2, and 3 bedroom DVC villas have a full kitchen.

DVC studios have a mini-fridge, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker.

Hotel rooms have a mini-fridge and coffee.

is Feb going to be good swimming weather? My kids love a good pool/splash pad/lazy river

Feb can be a little rainy but not as bad as Jan plus the Ko Olina area is a little drier than some of the other areas of Oahu so it might be forecasted to rain all day in Honolulu but it could be dry in Ko Olina.
I will say the ocean can be too cold for me at that time of the year but I am a big baby when it come to swimming temps and I chill easily.
Aulani heats its pools and they have always been great for me and my family temp wise (like just a little refreshing when you get in, not too warm)

You little ones will LOVE the small kids splash pad called Keiki cove and the zero entry area of the main pool is also a great place for supervised smaller kids. The menehune bridge water play structure has height restrictions so idk if your younger ones will be able to enjoy it and adults are not allowed on it.

Feb can be a little rainy but not as bad as Jan plus the Ko Olina area is a little drier than some of the other areas of Oahu so it might be forecasted to rain all day in Honolulu but it could be dry in Ko Olina.
I will say the ocean can be too cold for me at that time of the year but I am a big baby when it come to swimming temps and I chill easily.
Aulani heats its pools and they have always been great for me and my family temp wise (like just a little refreshing when you get in, not too warm)

You little ones will LOVE the small kids splash pad called Keiki cove and the zero entry area of the main pool is also a great place for supervised smaller kids. The menehune bridge water play structure has height restrictions so idk if your younger ones will be able to enjoy it and adults are not allowed on it.

Thank you for the advice! We'll check out Keiki cove for sure. I'm glad the pools are heated, that's a bonus for sure.

Another quick question... Does anyone know if the 30% off promo that is going from Oct-Dec (Fall) will likely be extended to Winter (Jan-Feb)? That is a huge savings! I see it excludes villas/suites. Do they typically do promos only do for hotel rooms? Or the 1 bedrooms also?

Another quick question... Does anyone know if the 30% off promo that is going from Oct-Dec (Fall) will likely be extended to Winter (Jan-Feb)? That is a huge savings! I see it excludes villas/suites. Do they typically do promos only do for hotel rooms? Or the 1 bedrooms also?

I think there is a good chance of it being extended for the hotel rooms. Probably not as much on DVC, since people have points they need to use.

I think there is a good chance of it being extended for the hotel rooms. Probably not as much on DVC, since people have points they need to use.

Oh I take it the 1 bedroom villas are DVC? We're not DVC members but need a 1 bedroom due to family size

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter