February 2022 question

PoohBearFamily

Mouseketeer
Hi all, I'm planning our family's first trip to WDW next year and could not be more excited. We are looking at early Feb (like first week) to go, to avoid Presidents Day weekend crowds. We have a flight credit that expires by March '22 and we really would like to use it. Is WDW enjoyable in early Feb, typically? What do we have to expect/look forward to? Will I wish we had gone in Spring/Summer? Thanks :)

I think that’s a great time to go! Sometimes it’s a little cold for me for the pool, but my DD will go anytime. I enjoy the cooler weather in general. My last February trip, I was in jeans and sweatshirts the whole time. Festival of the Arts is one of the best festivals, I think!

I think that’s a great time to go! Sometimes it’s a little cold for me for the pool, but my DD will go anytime. I enjoy the cooler weather in general. My last February trip, I was in jeans and sweatshirts the whole time. Festival of the Arts is one of the best festivals, I think!

Thanks so much! I'll have to check out the Festival of the Arts, sounds lovely :)

We enjoy the early Feb time frame as well. Festival of the Arts has become our favorite of the festivals.

Packing for the Feb trip is a little trickier. My approach is to start looking at the weather forecast about a month ahead of time and start getting a feel for what we will need to pack. Then I keep an eye on the forecast to see how things are moving. Then, about a week before the trip, I look at the forecast again and make any adjustments to the list of things I need to pack. Sometimes I have to add some heavier layers, sometimes I get to remove some of the heavier layers.

That’s the time of year I would choose if I could. Now I’m looking at June or July when it’s sooooo hot, but they won’t miss school 😏

Going Feb 2022 also. We were at Universal Feb 2020 and loved it. One reason I picked it over say Sept was the low rain. The monthly rain for Feb is really pretty low.

I will enjoy having a washer and dryer in the condo. We'll drive so can bring lots of stuff. But, it will still be nice to clean clothes while there in case it stays at the upper or lower end of temps.

Hi all, I'm planning our family's first trip to WDW next year and could not be more excited. We are looking at early Feb (like first week) to go, to avoid Presidents Day weekend crowds. We have a flight credit that expires by March '22 and we really would like to use it. Is WDW enjoyable in early Feb, typically? What do we have to expect/look forward to? Will I wish we had gone in Spring/Summer? Thanks :)
As a Florida resident, the ONLY time we ever go to WDW is End of January, Beginning of February or Middle of November. The crowds aren't horrible and the weather tends to be decent. (it's Florida so you never know)

Packing for the Feb trip is a little trickier. My approach is to start looking at the weather forecast about a month ahead of time and start getting a feel for what we will need to pack. Then I keep an eye on the forecast to see how things are moving. Then, about a week before the trip, I look at the forecast again and make any adjustments to the list of things I need to pack. Sometimes I have to add some heavier layers, sometimes I get to remove some of the heavier layers.

It's simple, wear a sweater in the morning and long pants, and by afternoon you'll be rocking a T-shirt with the sweater in a backpack. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have a poncho.

I think it’s a good choice. It may be too chilly to swim, but otherwise you could get lucky with temperate (70’s) daytime weather (a few years back, it was in the 90’s 🙃, but was most likely atypical). Keep in mind that is usually refurbishment time, but since they are already doing quite a bit of that for the anniversary, it may not be an issue.

We were there just before Presidents weekend in 2020 and it was perfect! Shorts and pool weather the entire time. It's a great time to go!

It is absolute incredible. We went this past February a week before schools in the NE were on a mid winter break. We never waited more than 30 minutes for ANYTHING! Even scored ROTR on both of our HS days for morning boarding. Multiple times throughout our AK day, FOP was a walk on! We did not see a drop of rain for our entire 8 day trip and weather was hi 70s to mid 80s.

We are planning to go back again this February before the holiday crown and hoping for the same outcome!

End of Jan/Beginning of Feb is our favorite time to go! Crowds are lower. Weather is excellent. And Festival of the Arts is so fun!

We will be there the same time and I can't wait. We went the end of April this year and it was so hot. When it is like that it makes it hard to have to wait in lines and just getting around the parks make you so much more tired when it's hot. I said not again. It was made worse because I have had skin cancer and need to be completely covered. Walking around like that when it's hot was not fun. I'm looking forward to going when the weather is cooler. We aren't pool people so that won't matter. Really looking forward to Festival of the Arts! We have never been there for that.

If you can avoid February school break, it's a great time to go. Weather isn't too hot, and there's less chance of rain than if you go in summer.

We went in February, 2021, the week before President’s Day weekend. Small crowds and weather was great, light jacket after dark. Thinking of going next February.

We are contemplating our first Feb trip. We want to watch some spring training baseball and include a few days at Disney.

We went in February, 2021, the week before President’s Day weekend. Small crowds and weather was great, light jacket after dark. Thinking of going next February.

Except crowds won't be low. Lots of people are postponing trips to next year when they expect things to be back to normal.

We went in Feb 2021 and are going back in Feb 2022--and doing it a week earlier than our anniversary which if Presidents and Valentines week--not because of crowds but because of resort prices. It was a wonderful time of year to be there. Even with the mask rules in place at the time we were never overheated and when it did cool off a bit it gave me an excuse to buy the figment sweatshirt I have been eyeing for years but would never spend the money on because it is so frivolous and my money tends to go to kids and grandkids. I LOVE my figjment sweatshirt and embarrass everyone by wearing it as often as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!