February 2021 W.I.S.H. - Being your own Fabulous Self

Friday oh Friday, please be sweet to me.

This has been a crappy week food wise, so another thing I need to regroup on. I've totally lost interest in even thinking about how to properly feed myself, so next week I might resort to smoothies.

My only concrete plan for this weekend is to go shopping for a heavyweight hoodie sweatshirt. Sometimes I get what I think of as a craving to wrap something cozy around my shoulders and neck. Someone I follow on IG recently posted about putting her "comfort hoodie" on to self regulate and that really clicked with me, like the craving might be a call to self regulate.

Other than that we're supposed to have pretty nice weather, so I'll get some outdoors time, maybe working in the garden.

Last edited:
Friday oh Friday, please be sweet to me.

This has been a crappy week food wise, so another thing I need to regroup on. I've totally lost interest in even thinking about how to properly feed myself, so next week I might resort to smoothies.

I love a good schedule. Same meal routine daily makes for so much less to deal with. I just change up dinner daily for myself - yay for autopilot!

I had a productive Friday. I got a few assessments done in preparation for report cards. The timing of report cards in relation to my next vaccine isn't great. As you all know, I felt pretty awful after the first one, and the 2nd dose of Moderna vaccine is supposed to be worse than the 1st. So just in case I feel even worse afterward and have to take a couple of sick days, I'm going to try to do the report cards early. This way, I won't be stuck struggling to do them when I can barely lift my head from my pillow. My old-school handwritten PreK report cards are really being missed right now. The only thing I would have to wait on would be attendance. Oh well...

I have worked hard at teaching my students how to socially distance and wear masks appropriately. I have spent a tremendous amount of time explaining why. There are many adults in my building who let their noses hang out, and I gave my students permission to call them out on it. These adults are terrible role models, and since this is basically life or death, I don't really care if my students come off as precocious. So, today, one of my students made me so proud. She was running an errand for me and ran into our custodian who is notorious for not wearing a mask at all. She saw him in the hallway with his mask off his nose, and she pointed to her nose then pointed at him to fix his mask. He did it! She came back to class and reported the entire incident. I love it that she had the confidence to do it!
DD found out today that she is eligible for her vaccine on April 1st.:dancer::dancer::dancer:The trick will be getting an appointment now, but we are very excited nonetheless.

I love a good schedule. Same meal routine daily makes for so much less to deal with. I just change up dinner daily for myself - yay for autopilot!
I am the same way too. Shake for breakfast. 2 hard boiled eggs (scrambled on the weekend) for 2nd breakfast. Salad w/chicken and a fruit for lunch. Veggies for after school treat as well as some almond. Sometimes I have a protein bar as well. Dinner varies each night. Skinny Pop Popcorn for nighttime snack if needed.

I had a productive Friday. I got a few assessments done in preparation for report cards. The timing of report cards in relation to my next vaccine isn't great. As you all know, I felt pretty awful after the first one, and the 2nd dose of Moderna vaccine is supposed to be worse than the 1st. So just in case I feel even worse afterward and have to take a couple of sick days, I'm going to try to do the report cards early. This way, I won't be stuck struggling to do them when I can barely lift my head from my pillow. My old-school handwritten PreK report cards are really being missed right now. The only thing I would have to wait on would be attendance. Oh well...

I have worked hard at teaching my students how to socially distance and wear masks appropriately. I have spent a tremendous amount of time explaining why. There are many adults in my building who let their noses hang out, and I gave my students permission to call them out on it. These adults are terrible role models, and since this is basically life or death, I don't really care if my students come off as precocious. So, today, one of my students made me so proud. She was running an errand for me and ran into our custodian who is notorious for not wearing a mask at all. She saw him in the hallway with his mask off his nose, and she pointed to her nose then pointed at him to fix his mask. He did it! She came back to class and reported the entire incident. I love it that she had the confidence to do it!
DD found out today that she is eligible for her vaccine on April 1st.:dancer::dancer::dancer:The trick will be getting an appointment now, but we are very excited nonetheless.
I’ll be working on report cards tomorrow! Fun, fun for the weekend. I have my kids picking up a flower fundraiser order and delivering them, so that will keep them busy and out of the house so I can hopefully focus and get my report cards done. 🤞

FE1CDDA5-3EDC-4390-987D-239790C2390A.jpegSocial Saturday... the word, “social” has me thinking of the entire year of not socializing with anyone in person. DD and I have been thinking about the first people that we will invite over, will we hug? I don’t know. She’s done with school in a couple of months, and she wants to celebrate with a combination graduation/business launch party. Now that we are all getting vaccinated, it’s a real possibility. We’re thinking pool party so that everyone is outside and will keep numbers down to around 10, just our closest family and friends.

How will you begin to socialize again this summer/fall after you and yours are vaccinated?

How will you begin to socialize again this summer/fall after you and yours are vaccinated?

The thing I am most looking forward to is visiting my folks! They are “snowbirds” so prior to the pandemic, we usually saw them twice a year - driving out to NY for a week in the summer, and flying down to FL in the winter (combining that visit with Disney or Universal.)

We just missed our “winter” visit, which was supposed to be in March (DS’s school break) last year, so I haven’t seen them since summer 2019. I am really hoping to be back on schedule for the usual trip to NY in July!

But hopefully the first social things we are able to (locally) do will be even sooner than that. - We’ve seen (with masks) DH’s parents and brother-in-law separately a few times, but having everyone over to swim again will be nice.

We also have friends from a nearby town who had just moved to our town before everything happened, and never got to have a housewarming. So I think that will be an important one too. They are one of three couples (well the three guys and one of the wives, two of us came in later) still in this area from DH’s high school friend group.

We have been visiting my family (parents & sister’s family with the new baby) but we haven’t seen my brothers family as much. And we haven’t had meals together. But once my parents are fully vaccinated (dad gets 2nd shot this week, mom’s is the following week), I’d like to have lunch with them. We also tend to hang out with our group of neighbors more in the summer because we can be outside. But I know some of my neighbors are anti vaccine, so that makes me nervous and anxious since my kids aren’t vaccinated yet. I’m still hopeful they’ll be able to get it through working at the grocery store. But I hear it’s hard to get if they’re under 18 since they can only have Pfizer.

I definitely would like to see my brother... last summer would have been the scheduled visit - so way off on that. My parents moved with us in our in law apartment couple of years ago- other than periodical quarantining for sickness or caution we have been together + we’ve all been vaccinated over a month. I’d love to more freely meet with neighbors & people here but we weren’t firmly established when all of this went down. It doesn’t help one become a part of a community when you can’t ever meet people! I’m looking forward to that norm but it’s definitely a bit further off than intimate gatherings.

We occasionally do driveway drinks with our neighbors on nice days/evenings. Sometimes it’s several, sometimes it’s just one couple. We each bring our own chairs and we sit 6 feet or more apart (at least we do...they don’t all, but they respect our request and stay 6 feet from us).

We have family visiting us from Texas this summer at the beach-last year was canceled, of course. We’re all vaccinated (except for the three kids).
Will get together soon with my group of friends once everyone’s second shot has kicked in. I’m hoping to have them to the beach as well.
We’re still not comfortable eating in restaurants, but will order carry out and eat at home.

I woke up this morning early because DH set off the burglar alarm at 6:00, couldn’t get back to sleep, and went downstairs. He left at 6:20 to go grocery shopping, his usual pandemic Sunday morning. I made my breakfast and started watching this week’s episode of “This is Us.” It took me until 7:45 to realize that it is Palm Sunday, one of my favorite holidays...oh how the memories of JOYFUL Palm Sundays flood back to me...singing in the choir or with my family in the congregation...the palms...DD’s baptism was on a Palm Sunday, the BEST one, then that Maundy Thursday, my father died. It’s so weird not to be getting ready to go to church this morning. I can watch it online, but it’s not the same. Oh how I long for a normal Palm Sunday and Holy Week. Hopefully next year.
7FDE8CE9-1D75-4FD2-BF42-EC92F2C208CA.jpeg

Yes, I miss Sunday services as well. I have gotten away from watching virtual services and I miss that.

Raining all day today, so will clean out my pantry and freezer. Then make a list for our beach trip since we’re leaving Wednesday.

Hope everyone has a short week!

I’ve been fortunate to be able to do socially distant meetups with family, so not missing them so much. And I’ve been lucky to be able to take trips to the coast to get out of the house, but I’m really looking forward to my first airplane trip, which might be a business trip to LA in June, or if not will be my WDW in September... which will be wonderful.

Self care yesterday was no chores at all, and good eating. Last evening I watched Out of Africa, omg do I love that movie. It’s a two day rental so I’ll probably watch it again today. Other than that today I will do a few things around the house, and am headed down to the beach, it is grey and windy outside, so not many people should be around.

So, today, one of my students made me so proud. She was running an errand for me and ran into our custodian who is notorious for not wearing a mask at all. She saw him in the hallway with his mask off his nose, and she pointed to her nose then pointed at him to fix his mask. He did it! She came back to class and reported the entire incident. I love it that she had the confidence to do it!

This is awesome that she has this confidence.

As soon as we are fully vaccinated we will start having DH's grandmother over at least one a week for dinner. I will also spend time with my mom. I really miss doing this. Other then that we will still keep with outside with one or two people. We will feel even better when the kids can finally be vaccinated.

This weekend DD and I watched all 3 Mighty Ducks movies, the first episode of the the new series (I will hold my judgment of it until I see at least 2 more episodes), both Princess Diaries and Princess Protection Program. DS and I watched a few episodes of Survivor and then ended yesterday with the first half of American Idol. We kept it a low key weekend wince I was still recovering from my second dose and DH had his first. So far he has just been tired. He ended up taking today off of work because he was having a hard time staying awake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter