February 2017 Wish Lifestyle / Weight Challenge: Beat the Sugar Rush and Earn Your Hero Medal!

15 minutes of walking in which 20 house laps were completed for Saturday.

I am not going to have an correct number on how much I have lost this week because of scale difficulties. I got on my scale I have been using this morning and it read that I had lost over 8 pounds in a day-while that would be great I didn't think it too realistic so I dug out my other scale which was turning off before I could step on it half the time and it read a number that was 22 pounds heavier. Since I had some other things to pick up at the store I headed in before things got too busy making sure to only drink water while I was gone so I could get a weight when I got home. I was able to find the battery size for the one scale I would rather use since I keep it in my linen closet tight up against the wall where if you don't know it's there with the way lighting is in my bathroom your not going to easily find it. Reason I have a 9 year old who loves to play around with my scale-never mind that there is an older style non memory digital one in the other bathroom that she can use it is more fun to mess around with the settings and push buttons. The number I am starting over with is lower than my original starting number but is higher than my number for the end of January though I am thinking that my numbers may have been off for a while.

Hello, Dearies!

Checking in at 25% of my goal to work out 20 of the 28 days of this month... if you do the math, you'll realize that means I'm 5/12 so far this month and not likely to make it to 100%... but I'll do the best I can under the circumstances. Even if I only do ONE more workout because of this challenge, it's still a win, no?

The circumstances are that my oldest kiddo has been back in the hospital (8th time) for over a week now... It's (obviously) a chronic thing, so I'm doing my best to keep up with the tracking and good choices, exercising when I can, and trying not to miss any of my classes (in school full time.) Mostly I just want to curl up into a ball and cry... maybe eat expensive chocolate... but this is reality for us, it's not a one-time thing... so I figure I have to learn to make good choices AROUND our reality... or when we do have "good times," I'll still be heavy and out of shape and won't have the energy to really enjoy myself (like our trip this summer.)

The dance class I'm taking has really been a HUGE lifesaver, because not only does it FORCE me to get at least 2 hrs of exercise each week, but I forget for a few minutes at a time about the real world outside the studio. I'm not getting much walking in because that time is lost on commuting to/from the city every day for visiting. On the other hand, I swear, it's about a BILLION miles from the parking garage up to where her room is, so maybe I should be tracking that ;p

Ok, quickly catching up...

Question of the Day
February hosts Valentine's Day - a holiday all about sweets and treats.
How do you manage your intake of sugars, especially in this month where treats are expected?
What about restaurants? Do you ever stray from the dessert menu or do you make better decisions?

Bonus question: Share your favorite Disney sweet treat! (pics are healthier than eating :))

Hmm... as someone else already said, sugars alone aren't that tempting to me anymore... I think I'm over that hump... but fat/salt/sugar... for example those peanut butter M&Ms they mentioned (which I've been craving every since, so THANKS ;P ) those are definitely a temptation. Something weird has been going on with me lately where things just don't taste as good as I'd expect... so that's actually helped... if I take a bite of a brownie, and it's not as amazing as I'm expecting, it's not hard to stop at that one bite. OTOH... NOTHING has been really great tasting lately, and that's kind of a downer. As for V-Day... we tend to build a whole meal together as a family, and the kids' favorite choices for that aren't too unhealthy... this year we're going with an old standby... fancy salad, Cornish game hens, and chocolate covered strawberries... you actually get a lot of chocolate "taste" for a reasonable amount of calories that way. Unfortunately it will be just me and one kid... H will be at school and DD13 is unlikely to be home by Tuesday... (we'll know for sure tomorrow after more tests, but they said it's unlikely.)

February 8 - It's WooHoo Wednesday

It's that time of the week... to share a big WOOHOO event with the rest of us. It can be about your progress, your life, an upcoming disney trip, or anything at all. No celebration is too big or too small - so take some time to brag about the good things happening in your life.

Not quite sure it's a woohoo... but I am proud of how strong my kids are. The "sick" one who keeps on fighting and the "healthy" one who has grown up never knowing when we'll be back in "emergency" mode and has to play second fiddle sometimes and manages it all with so much grace. They are amazing.

Question of the Day:
Let's talk cold weather and your plan. Snow/Rain don't make for fun.
How do you manage your exercise when it's cold, raining, or snowing outside?

How do you prevent yourself from just sitting on the couch?

Best case scenario? I go outside anyway... but if it's really horrible I'll go to either the treadmill at the gym or to the mall... twin evils, I hate them both. Amusingly, though, I find that my times are WAYYY faster at the mall, probably because I want to get done and get out of there, away from the people trying to hand me things.:D

Question of the Day
How have you managed to overcome negativity from friends, family or even yourself?
Share a story of how you rose above it and persevered.
If you haven't yet, tell us how you want to!

Bonus question: What is your least favorite ride at a Disney park.

Well timed! This time of year is pretty "blah" around this area, even if things weren't a mess, which they are... I think what has helped me in the past is a quote attributed to Winston Churchill, "If you're going through hell... keep going!" Whether it's fitness or a bad patch in life in general, I have found that looking ahead to a goal helps when it's tempting to just give up. I also try to "re-frame" things and to remember that sometimes things are actually getting better even if it doesn't seem that way. Take the burned eye, for example... it's actually healing, even if it seems worse than before... it's really getting better, you just can't tell yet.

Bonus question... I am not a ride-lover... I could just wander the parks and eat junk and people watch all day (especially MK... all the happy little kids make me cry, not kidding.) But if I had to pick just one... Small World. I swear, that thing breaks down EVERY time we go on it. Not just Florida, either, it happened when we went to California, too!

February 10 - Let's Talk... Negativity

How do you rise above Negativity?

Question of the Day
How have you managed to overcome negativity from friends, family or even yourself?
Share a story of how you rose above it and persevered.
If you haven't yet, tell us how you want to!

Bonus question: What is your least favorite ride at a Disney park.

Negativity comes primarily from myself...... but it also comes via a back-handed route from DH. Nothing intentional, but his continued drive to lose weight via the Atkins program and making comments about how important it is to eat low carbs and he could "never" eat "just XX SmartPoints". He is definitely one of those people who believes that there are only two ways to do something.... HIS way or the WRONG way. :crazy2: That being said, I lost my weight and have kept it off for 9 years.... so I let my success speak for itself and I try to let the comments roll away. DD made a good point recently.... he will probably NEVER agree to follow Weight Watchers because of the fear that he won't be successful and as such I will "beat him" at it.... he is VERY competitive and seems to view everything in life as a competition. That makes me sad because I truly believe he could be VERY successful on the plan.... and he has a built-in successful meal plan already because everything I cook is WW friendly.

BONUS: Well..... I love Expedition Everest, but like Courtney mentioned, it gives me a terrible headache! I have narrowed it down to the "backwards in the dark" section that causes me to feel very motion sick. I can ride it once.... twice even, and be okay..... but by the third time (within a short period of time) and I feel sick the rest of the day! I cannot ride the Teacups (even though they are adorable) and haven't ridden Dinosaur since my kids were very young (too scary). Primeval Whirl I find to be kind of useless (as I believe that entire Dinoland area of AK is), and rough with minmal theming. But I ride it if my kids request.

Another great question! Like @piglet1979 I haven't really run into too much negativity. Probably the closest I have is my mom. She really doesn't try to be and would love for me to lose weight. Right now, we're probably close to the same weight, but we carry it differently because I'm taller and (obviously) younger. For awhile we could share tops and now that I've lost a little, she still keeps buying me bigger tops and kind of indicates that I'll be back in them or something along those lines. Like I said, she's not trying to be negative, but it comes off that way. I can put up with it though because I know she loves me and means no ill will! Otherwise, everyone's pretty supportive. I don't like to talk about it - I feel like I jinx myself or something if I mention it.

The only ride I can think of at Disney that I don't like is the Stitch ride (if you call it a ride). When we rode that, the kids were half scared to death. They didn't like it at all, which in turn made me not like it too much either!!

Just thinking out loud here..... maybe Mom is afraid that if she buys something for you that is too SMALL that will discourage you or send you a message that you are "bigger" than you think. Maybe she thinks that if she buys something too big that will encourage you to keep going. I know know that maybe that sounds counterintuitive but as someone who is always trying hard to be ENCOURAGING to those who are losing (or trying to lose), sometimes it seems like no matter WHAT you say or do, it comes off "wrong". Glad you can still feel her love though.

I hate Everest too! I got a bad headache and I also can't do any of the big roller coasters now that I'm getting older.

Stitch is terrible. It's such a torture ride. Whenever I'm on the People Mover I shout down below "Don't do it!"

I don't do Dinoland either. I like the Animal part of Animal Kingdom better!

Sounds like we have very compatible opinions about Animal Kingdom. I can remember visiting Dinoland for the first time and thinking "WTH Disney???!! What were you thinking?". I think it is terrible.

In my weight loss process, I've had a LOT of support from friends and family. But I've experienced negativity in my running. My brother is a sub-2 hour half marathoner and I'm at about 2:52 right now. He says I'm slow and won't be able to finish the Dopey Challenge because I don't have the stamina. And a part of me is concerned that he may be right! :(

I want to prove him wrong. Ugh!

Bonus questions:
  • Magic Kingdom: Stitch
  • EPCOT: Figment
  • Animal Kingdom: Everest
  • Hollywood Studios: The entire park :D
  • Disneyland: Space Mountain
  • California Adventure: California Screamin'
  • Disneyland Paris: Indiana Jones Roller Coaster

The best revenge will be proving him wrong and FINISHING the Dopey challenge! I know that nothing short of an injury will keep you from finishing, even if you have to crawl across the finish line! But seriously? You don't like California Screamin'? I love that coaster!

I was very small size teen and when I finished university and my masters and moved to Ireland gained little healthy weight. My father did not understand that I am not child any more and made negative comments about my weight. He was obese, and even at the time i was at the bottom range of healthy weight. It upsetting me for years and after I become a mother I put my foot down and I said if he wants part of my family this needs to stop now as I don't want my son to witness this. We didn't got chance to make it better unfortunately

Often time people that make comments have their own issues. People get stuck with their own ideas. I had soup and one slice of wholegrain bread in work one day for my lunch. A friend came and told me that I shouldn't eat carbs, they are bad for me. I told her, no, no - they are great for me! Few minutes later she told me she is so tired all the time. My response - get use to it! If you are going to label food groups bad you will likely be tire and cranky often! lol she laughed if off. She was begging for it after being so judgmental to my 1 slice of bread

The issue with that is, what if a person is actually suffering from illness. Will they be able to brush off the negativity so easy? Will they worry if in fact they are doing something bad for themselves? I wasn't right to tell her that. While I don't know of successful long term low carb maintainer, I herd they exist and it suits some people well. I didn't mean to be mean, but I wasn't happy with being judged for my food choices either.

This friend goes on and off on paleo type diets, and the comment had nothing to do with me. It was all about her own issues and ideas. She is awesome and good friend. I try to not be judgmental to others, and dont give any negative feedback on ways of eating they want to try unless they ask for opinion

Glad you realize that her issues are really with HERSELF, not really with you. It is like when DH makes a comment about how I "can't" eat XX because it has so many SmartPoints. Ummmm.... honey? I CAN eat XX..... I just choose not to use my SmartPoints that way. My eating plan doesn't restrict me from eating ANYTHING! :p

February 11/12 - Free Chatter About Disney

This weekend is about planning your upcoming Disney trip and making smart choices.
Let's talk about your food and park time. And how the price increase is affecting your trip plans.

Well.... part of me wants to say I cannot talk about it because I am sad that I have no trips, even in the dreaming stage (well, that's not totally true. DD and I have a plan to visit during the 50th anniversary of WDW.... we even called for hotel reservations already, but they aren't opened up that far ahead yet).

Food and park time.... park time is the #1 most important thing when I visit. My visits are short and I need to make the most of them! We go full-bore commando style. I rent a car because waiting for Disney transportation takes up too much time! I stay onsite, even if the budget is tight, because I want to take advantage of every minute of every Extra Magic hour. I will even buy a park ticket for a half day (arrival or departure day) because I can definitely make the most of it.

That being said, for the most part sit-down restaurant meals are a waste of my precious park time. As such, my list of restaurants that I've eaten in on Disney property is very short. The only exception is character meals and/or early morning breakfasts. I LOVE meeting characters and sometimes a character meal is the most efficient way to do that. And if that character meal can get me in the parks before official opening time or keep me in it after closing, all the better!

Obviously the price increase isn't appreciated, but it won't stop me from visiting.... but it means I will have to work a bit harder to save for those precious park tickets.

15 minutes of walking in which 20 house laps were completed for Saturday.

I am not going to have an correct number on how much I have lost this week because of scale difficulties. I got on my scale I have been using this morning and it read that I had lost over 8 pounds in a day-while that would be great I didn't think it too realistic so I dug out my other scale which was turning off before I could step on it half the time and it read a number that was 22 pounds heavier. Since I had some other things to pick up at the store I headed in before things got too busy making sure to only drink water while I was gone so I could get a weight when I got home. I was able to find the battery size for the one scale I would rather use since I keep it in my linen closet tight up against the wall where if you don't know it's there with the way lighting is in my bathroom your not going to easily find it. Reason I have a 9 year old who loves to play around with my scale-never mind that there is an older style non memory digital one in the other bathroom that she can use it is more fun to mess around with the settings and push buttons. The number I am starting over with is lower than my original starting number but is higher than my number for the end of January though I am thinking that my numbers may have been off for a while.

Sorry you are experiencing scale frustrations. I have actually bought DD 3-4 scales in the past year because it seems they are constantly acting wonky! If you step off-on-off-on-off-on, it shouldn't give you a different number each time!!:mad:

Hey friends! Home AGAIN today thanks to the snow! We had about 12" in the past 24 hours. It has stopped falling but now the wind is kicking up in a big way.

I gave in to some "comfort" eating on Saturday..... I had errands to run and I had a bad headache AND of course my stupid face was hurting (from the burn) and I was having a big pity party over all this. I started with 3 Hershey kisses (and I will admit, the sugar definitely helped with the headache) and then had a handful of potato chips for lunch (not WITH lunch... FOR lunch:sad2:). In hindsight I did go over my daily SmartPoints (I refused to give up a healthy dinner just because I made a bad lunch choice) but was forgiving of myself and had a great on-plan day yesterday. I think that that has been my biggest change in the past 9 years.... learning to forgive myself for bad choices and to start fresh with the next meal.... and to NEVER give up!

Okay.... I'm off to see if I can get some extra hours working online for WW today.... I got 3 extra hours last night and my paycheck will appreciate that, as I have missed 4 days of work at school and 3 WW meetings in the past 2 weeks, due to the weather!.................P

Man, did I fall off the bandwagon! Last week was insanely busy, I started to feel sick, it was just all around miserable. I was not a happy camper. And my eating and exercise majorly suffered because of it. I barely had a moment to think last week during work, let alone eat. So of course when I got home I went to town. And on a day when I actually did have a second to pause I was so overwhelmed and grumpy that I went off campus to eat and didn't make healthy choices.

Then, to top it off, on Friday I went to a happy hour with a couple of male coworkers. One of them made a comment about a girl on our floor being "too thick" for him to find attractive and that just really set me off because she's a completely normal sized girl! Like probably size 8. It just made me feel terrible about myself so the whole weekend was shot.

BUT! I'm back at it this week. I meal prepped like a crazy woman yesterday and got up this morning and got a decent work out in. So always looking forward, even on weeks/weekends when I stumble.

February 11/12 - Free Chatter About Disney
DSC_0976.jpg

Real Life Versions of Ralph and Vanellope.

This weekend is about planning your upcoming Disney trip and making smart choices.
Let's talk about your food and park time. And how the price increase is affecting your trip plans.

We are not really planning a trip right now except a Disney cruise in summer of 2018. Nothing to really plan for that yet. the cruises are not even out yet for that time. I did try to talk my husband into a short weekend trip in August to see all the new stuff. We haven't seen Frozen Ever After yet. We missed it by like 1 or 2 weeks. We would also be able to see Pandora, Rivers of Light and the new morning show and fireworks show at MK. Lost of new stuff. He said no. It is either WDW wold this year or the a cruise in 2018.

We have always gotten the dining plan when we go. I don't think to much about what I eat while I am at Disney. We do try to go to new restaurants though. We try a few new ones each trip. This last trip this past June I made it a point to try new things. I am a picky eater so I thought this would be a great time to try something new. I don't like sauces and at Disney almost every thing comes with some type of sauce on it. In June instead of telling them I didn't want it I had them bring it on the side. I would try them and then realize I still do not like the sauce. The trip before this I got steak at Teppen Edo and didn't like it. They put soy sauce on it. In June I told the cook that I did not want it on my steak this time and he looked at me funny and had to keep asking me if I was sure. He also didn't understand my daughter. She eats less then me. We do tend to book the restaurants around her and the kids menus. She really eas nothing.

The price increase does not affect us since we don't have a tripped planned. They happen every year and I have come to except it.

Just got back from my San Francisco trip and I'm up a pound (well worth the two visits to In-n-Out Burger and Ghirardelli). I did get up to 5 miles for one run last week so goal wise I'm thinking those cancel each other out so I'm still at 25%. I'm not too worried; it will come off now that I'm back to no sugar and my regular routine.

I have other trips planned through the end of 2017 but would love to squeeze a weekend trip to Disney. I just need a really great airfare deal. Otherwise it will be a Disney cruise in 2018 or a week at Disney. I'm with piglet1979 as I expect the prices to increase every year (very common for Disney cruises too) so I just keep putting the money away in my DVA and try not to stress about all the stuff I could do to my house if I would stay home!

Check-in: 50%

I had a pretty crappy weekend food wise and feel a little down and out about it. DH and I had a gift card to the Cheesecake Factory, so Saturday we decided to go there for "Valentines's Day" a little early (avoiding the crowds!). Anyway, we only an appetizer and cheesecake (which I didn't even finish), but man I felt SOOOOO sick! He was fine, but I guess my body is changing and that was too rich, too much, and too fast. I could have EASILY done that in the past and been fine.

I also realized on Friday that it had been 3 weeks since I had fast food (DH graciously reminded me that that was how long he had been without Chick-fil-a and he was dying for it!)! That made me happy. I did get Chick-fil-a, but I got a salad (grilled!). DH's fries were nowhere near as good as I remember them tasting so I say that's a win!

I am also realizing that big results are not happening with what I am doing. I love that things are zipping better, but if I want more drastic results, I have to up the Orangetheory game. I feel better and all, but I've been doing the meal plan for a month to no real results on the scale. And I am inconsistent with my yoga. I think I may need to sign up for the twice a week program at OT to hold myself accountable. Otherwise, I spend my weekend mornings sleeping, Netflix-ing, snuggling with the cat, etc and NOT going to yoga....

No big trips on the horizon (unless DLP works out). I am trying to convince DH to squeeze in one more low-crowd weekend next month before spring break season hits. I am planning on going with my cousin to her 2 volleyball tournaments back to back weekends in Orlando in April, but my passes will be blacked out. But I do like the water parks, and they aren't too outrageously expensive. So I may do that-- I can only handle so much volleyball when my cousin isn't playing LOL

Alrighty-- that's all for now. Gotta get back to work! Happy Monday everyone!!!

I gave myself such an open ended goal this month - walk - that it's hard to measure. I'll give myself 15% for effort so far.

Disney chatter... my Disney travel pal confirmed her November dates for WDW, and I've pretty much decided I'll be going. I have the weekend at the beach with my Sister later this month, Texas in April, and New England in June so a fall Disney trip fits in nicely. I have started to think about what I'd want to do and what kind of trip I want this to be.... of course food came to mind right away. In a week long trip I normally only like to do a few ADR's so I'm not committed to keeping a schedule every day... I think I'd like to try some totally new places this time. I was thinking F&W would be over when we're there, but it looks like we'll hit the last week, so that takes up a lot of calories right there :). I think I'll do a tour this trip, probably the World Showcase one, but possibly Wild Trek again because I really loved it. If I could get a seat on the main floor, I'd do HDDR again. Or maybe lunch/dinner with an Imagineer. Hmmm... lot's to think about, as with any Disney trip.

I think I made a break thru over the weekend.. last week my cough was worst than ever and I had high chest congestion that made it hard to get satisfying breaths. Having cut down dairy consumption by about 75%, I was expecting improvement. Then Saturday morning I think I made the connection between the damp cough and eating eggs/chicken, after having an egg for breakfast. I steered clear of both chicken and eggs the rest of the weekend and am already feeling better. I can breathe better and am barely coughing this morning and also feel like my body isn't under duress any more, like it isn't trying to fight off an attack. Woohoo if this is the answer.

I taught myself a new knitting skill over the weekend, called magic loop. It's a way to use circular needles when knitting small tubes that you would normally do on double pointed needles. They say once you've tried it you'll never go back and that's certainly true for me... with socks it's a little challenging to manage when you've got all the heel stitches on the needles and are working down the gusset, but even that is so much better than wresting with the double pointed method.

Other than that, we had nice weather both days, and it is beautiful again this morning. I did manage to get out just before sunset yesterday and do some pruning and clipping up of dead stuff in the front garden: I'm going to try and whack away at a couple more things tonight, so the place doesn't look quite so scruffy.

Happy Monday everyone - let's have a healthful week!

February 13 - Self Love :D
giphy.gif

We're half way through.... let's talk about the good things.
We're about at the half way point and hopefully this month you're finding some things you love about yourself and your progress. And as Valentine's Day is tomorrow... let's start off with some self love. Things that make you happy and how you pamper yourself. Today is the day to fall in love with you!

Question of the Day
What do you do for self love and pampering?
How do you want to celebrate yourself for this month?
Is it a spa visit? Nails getting done? Seeing a movie by yourself?

Bonus question: Let's chat about favorite Disney couples. Who is your favorite and why?

giphy.gif

We're about at the half way point and hopefully this month you're finding some things you love about yourself and your progress. And as Valentine's Day is tomorrow... let's start off with some self love. Things that make you happy and how you pamper yourself. Today is the day to fall in love with you!

Question of the Day

Bonus question: Let's chat about favorite Disney couples. Who is your favorite and why?
I lead a pretty hedonistic life... I'm self indulgent all the time. I got a pedi this past weekend, eat chocolate all the time, go out to dinner all the time. I guess if I really want to self-pamper, I do my chores, so I don't have a list of uncompleted tasks following me around. I do need to get in to do a series of appointments with my Rolfing gal but that's kind of hard work and not so pampering, even though it really helps. To celebrate Valentine's Day I'm going to make cookies tonight to bring to work, but that'll be about it for this year.

Disney couples... maybe Peter Pan and Tink? Mostly because I like Tink I guess.

Question of the Day

Hmmmm... this is a tough one for me! When I want to indulge myself a little, it usually means a stop at a thrift store or antique mall to look for Fiesta ware! We don't live near anything like this, so it means that I have to plan ahead and work in some extra time when I run errands like grocery shopping. And of course, I have to keep a bit of "fun" money handy. The money is hard because I am always saving for something (college tuition payments, new tires, car repairs).... but sometimes I just need to splurge! This month that money is NOT there....so I'm staying out of the stores. But that's okay.... it will be there again another month.

Favorite couples....hmmmm...... Not a clue! I like so many of them! Not sure that I have a favorite though.

Snow has been blown and shoveled, bird feeder refilled, dinner is ready and lunch is eaten. I have some laundry to fold a bit of prep for tomorrow's WW meeting and a Paypal invoice to send and then I can relax a bit.

TTYL...............P

giphy.gif

Question of the Day

I love getting a massage and getting my nails done. I do not do this often enough. I do get my hair done about every 8 weeks. That is really about it. I do love the way I am starting to look and feel. I kind of feel back to normal.

Hmmmm.....My favorite Disney couple.........I might just have to go with Cinderella and the Prince. Out of the princesses Snow White and Prince Charming and Sleeping Beauty I like them all. I haven't really watched Snow White or Sleeping Beauty to really like them. I can't get past Snow's voice is Snow White to watch the whole movie. I do really like Rapunzel and Flynn. They are just funny.

+++++++++++++++++

I am checking in at 0. It was a rough week. This week will be much better.

Reporting in 14.58% - the same as last weekend - obviously I have done varying amounts of incidental walking - but I am only counting a purposeful minimum 10 minutes of walking for my goal. I won't make excuses its just not happening - am going to try and turn that around.

My eating has been off for about the last 5 weeks - I am noticing the difference in energy and general feeling - between now and before Christmas when I had a plan and stuck to it - So I really need to pull things back together there and work really hard at managing my food.

I also realized on Friday that it had been 3 weeks since I had fast food (DH graciously reminded me that that was how long he had been without Chick-fil-a and he was dying for it!)! That made me happy. I did get Chick-fil-a, but I got a salad (grilled!). DH's fries were nowhere near as good as I remember them tasting so I say that's a win!

That is fantastic - it can be so hard to break that cycle - I need to do it again.

I am not particularly good at self-pampering or self-love really - I am learning to accept/love myself more but I mostly tend to put the kids and others ahead of myself.

On the weekend at DDs birthday - I guess you could ay I loved myself a little and didn't care what others thought so much - it was so hot - so I just spent time in the pool in my swimmers not really caring about my size - I even joined my daughter on the waterslides a few times and just had fun in the moment. That doesn't always happen.

This month for me .... will be tough as it is a high expense time of the year - twin birthday - back to school - school fees start - start of sport and fees for that etc etc. Sooo I guess it may have to be reading a book and just doing something small for me each weekend to help recharge.

I love doing my nails which usually involves a long soak in the tub while I remove any previous wraps, lacquer, or gel then make sure my cuticles are pushed back and any hidden cuticle is removed after which comes the challenging part deciding which of the 142 wraps, 11 lacquer colors, and 5 gel colors I want to use. Do I want a single accent nail, do I want more than one accent nail, every nail different, do I want to layer. I tend to redo my nails every week or two.

I quite often have a bowl of microwave popcorn but I have a special bowl that does it just like air popped so you don't have any of those partially hydroginated vegetable oil yuck though I do melt a couple tablespoons of butter and use various seasonings. Last night was ranch haven't decided if tonight will be cheddar, bacon cheddar or garlic parmasan in the evening after I at least get 9 year old to bed. Her idea of sharing is she rapidly eats her bowl and then comes and gets another and in the end mom doesn't even get a small bowl so mama don't share with her no more. I make between 1/3-1/2 cup of kernels so it is quite a bit.

Let's chat about favorite Disney couples. Who is your favorite and why?

This one is tougher but I am going to have to say the grown dogs in 101 dalamations. I love how they work together to keep all those puppies in line.

You guys are killing it this month. Way to go! :)

I'm in a million different places right now and feel behind. Been on this fundraising kick and have managed to raise almost $600 out of the $800 needed. At this rate I may need to add the 5K to the Avengers weekend and go for $1300! :)

I've listed items for sale on eBay and they're going super fast. Thinking about doing some snack options at work for sale in lieu of a bake sale. Prepackaged treats (ie: rice krispie treats, chips, etc) for sale for profit, less cost... maybe purchase in bulk from Costco or Target.

Trying to be creative in ways that won't make people uncomfortable.... some just don't want to donate.

21 laps done in my 15 minutes of walking tonight plus 6 minutes of resistance exercises for a total of 21 minutes tonight. I got slowed down a bit my a 9 year old who didn't think I needed my work out time. 12 year old says when she needs to get something in the kitchen when I am doing my walks that it is a real life version of one of those video games where you have to avoid the object coming at you.

Question of the Day

My gym membership gives me access to number of gyms including one with sea water pool & spa area and I will find time to go this weekend. I haven't been since December. It's wonderful and I am really looking forward for it

February 14 - A DYNAMITE GAL
giphy.gif

Love Love Love Love Love!
In Wreck it Ralph, Fix it Felix Jr instantly becomes smitten with Sargent Calhoun of the Heroes Duty game. He calls her a "Dynamite Gal", which unfortunately brings back some flashbacks of sad backstory. But nonetheless, Fix it Felix ends up winning over the Sargent and they find true love. :lovestruc

Today is Valentine's Day ... so let's focus on some ~love~.

Question of the Day
Wreck it Ralph's couple has an awesome love story, and I'm sure you do too!
Tell us about how you met your Dynamite Guy or Gal. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter