Feb 28, 2010 - 4 night Wonder Cruise

Has anyone booked airfare yet? I regret not booking the same night we booked the cruise and now rates are sky high (over $300pp)

I'm from Chicago so mid-70s air temp is ok with me especially with sun. That time of year for us it is in the teens and more often than not, without sun and a lot of wind. Chilly!!! What I am wondering is how cold is the water? I would keep checking the airfares because they always have good sales. I'm watching SW and waiting for them to go below $89pp one way until I book. In April of this year I got fares as low as $59pp one way.

Right now it's going to be about 700.00 for us one way , we planned on driving back home. I was also hoping they would get a little cheaper...below 100.00pp would be really nice:) SW just had a sale but it was for travel dates up to jan i think.

Has anyone booked airfare yet? I regret not booking the same night we booked the cruise and now rates are sky high (over $300pp)

Mine are booked - not exact flight times I wanted - would have preferred earlier on Saturday2/27, but oh well and then we are flying home at 8:20pm on Sunday 3/7. We paid about $169.00 pp rt from BWI.

Tammy

I'm from Chicago so mid-70s air temp is ok with me especially with sun. That time of year for us it is in the teens and more often than not, without sun and a lot of wind. Chilly!!! What I am wondering is how cold is the water? I would keep checking the airfares because they always have good sales. I'm watching SW and waiting for them to go below $89pp one way until I book. In April of this year I got fares as low as $59pp one way.

I am checking SW religiously. We are also usually spoiled by less than $100 each way but we still have lots of time.

In the summer the lake water at our cottage is usually low 70s so I have no doubt DS will be in the ocean on CC.

Hello everyone! I haven't gone back to read the older posts yet...eyes are getting blurry at this late hour!

I'm excited to meet some of the people we'll be cruising with. Please add us to the fish exchange group, if there is room. I will send a PM to you, Tammy.

On the cruise, it will be myself, my husband, and our children, ages 8, 5, 34 months, and 7 months at the time of sailing. This is our second DCL cruise and we can't wait!

I'll catch up on the other posts tomorrow.

Welcome Brandi and Family,

Congrats on your new arrival - she is beautiful. So glad you are joining us. I sent you a PM with additional info on the FE group.

Please email me your cabin number(s) so I can add you to the list - dthogue5@verizon.net.

Glad to have you joining us!

Tammy
:banana:

Is anyone going to WDW either before or after their cruise?

Welcome Brandi and Family,

Congrats on your new arrival - she is beautiful. So glad you are joining us. I sent you a PM with additional info on the FE group.

Please email me your cabin number(s) so I can add you to the list - dthogue5@verizon.net.

Glad to have you joining us!

Tammy
:banana:

Thank you! I will email you the cabin numbers later today. Since we have four children, we had to book two rooms, or go with the suites...would be nice, but way out of our price range!

Rachael is such a joy and blessing to our family. After our little girl died last year, we appreciate our blessings so much more!

YES! We'll be at WDW Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights after the cruise, flying home Sunday morning early. I haven't yet made our reservations or ADRs yet. Flying by the seat of my pants I guess! I'll make them soon though.

We are - we are doing the parks Saturday 2/27 and then Thursday to Sunday after the cruise - we are flying home Monday morning. Hoping to stay at Pop Century - the prices are high right now - I'm holding out for a discount :confused:

Tammy

We are - we are doing the parks Saturday 2/27 and then Thursday to Sunday after the cruise - we are flying home Monday morning. Hoping to stay at Pop Century - the prices are high right now - I'm holding out for a discount :confused:

Tammy

Same as us! We booked Bay Lake Towers so excited for our first stay there. I have never even stayed at the Contemporary.

We have APs that expire on March 1, 2010, so we will be at WDW from Feb 20 until the cruise on the 28th, staying at the Boardwalk Villas. We have a few days after the cruise, so we may spend those days in the World, too, but probably not at the parks.

Regarding the fish extenders, I am having a tough time finding fun fabric to make ours! The Walmart stores around here no longer carry fabric and the other stores I went to today only had material more suitable for making drapes! I'm getting a bit worried.... Any suggestions?

OK Where has everyone gone???? It's been quiet around here:confused3

To those participating in the FE - I sent out an updated list this week via email - please let me know if you didn't receive it. :scared1:

Anyone have special plans for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday? I wanted to go to NYC to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, but my family doesn't want to go - too many people - where's there sense of adventure?

Tammy
:wizard:

We are still not sure what we're doing. Since we live in NE Florida, we don't always plan too far ahead. We are passholders, so we get emails of special resort only deals, and we usually only book a month or so out.

We're doing a long weekend at Wilderness Lodge in mid-December, so we will probably take the Thurs-Sunday after the cruise at WDW. Still not sure where we will stay though. But I've found great deals lately on....Expedia! I found Contemporary for $179, values for $59, just for examples......

Of course, who knows at this point. My DH still has not gotten his passport!!! I mean, still has not even applied! :scared1: Ally and I got ours a couple of years ago, just in case.....

Would any of the kids who are participating in Fish Extenders be interested in becoming "snail mail" pen pals with our DD8? :snail: We did this with some of the Disney Magic FE kids and they all really liked "meeting" each other beforehand and getting some mail!

Send me a PM if you're interested and I'll give you our address!

Hey there everyone. Well a lot has happened in the last few weeks and I wanted to tell you that we may have to cancel this cruise. I am sad cause it is my Birthday, but we had an oppurtunity that we cannot pass up. We are being given the oppurtunity to go on the 10 Med. cruise for a really good deal. I don't think that I can pass up the chance to go overseas as I have always wanted to go there. I have not cancelled this trip yet so don't count us out. I will let you know if we need to be removed from the FE. If we don't get to go I hope that you all have a wonderful time and I wish that we were still going with you.

Hey Everyone,
Been quite a while since I've checked in! Sounds like the Palo, etc ressie race is coming up?

Eeyore, I'm sure you'll have a great Med trip!:cool1:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!:goodvibes

Hey there everyone. Well a lot has happened in the last few weeks and I wanted to tell you that we may have to cancel this cruise. I am sad cause it is my Birthday, but we had an oppurtunity that we cannot pass up. We are being given the oppurtunity to go on the 10 Med. cruise for a really good deal. I don't think that I can pass up the chance to go overseas as I have always wanted to go there. I have not cancelled this trip yet so don't count us out. I will let you know if we need to be removed from the FE. If we don't get to go I hope that you all have a wonderful time and I wish that we were still going with you.

Sorry to hear that you might not be cruising with us, but luck you to have a chance on going on the MED cruise - I'm envious!!

Tammy

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone - I hope you have a great Holiday!!

I paid off our cruise yesterday and will be trying to make our reservations for Palo on Monday!!!! I want to do the brunch - is anyone else planning on doing it?

Tammy
:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter