Feb 26 2012 – Mexican Riviera FE Exchange Group

I just posted a note on the main board for this cruise letting them all know that Jan. 1st would be our cutoff date for new FE families.

I will take the first day of the cruise for distributing gifts from our family.
If you have a room change/update, please drop a note by 5pm the first night in my FE on my door, so that I know, and can let the others know when I hand out our gifts, of any cabin changes. We don't want anyone to miss out on their gifts! :)

Getting very excited! How about you all!?!?!
Marcy

Or if anyone is interested, instead of dropping a note in my FE that first night, we could all plan to meet 1/2 hour before the muster drill in a certain location to say hi, let the kids meet so they have familiar faces for the clubs, and then settle up on any room changes. Let me know what you all think!

Having a meeting before the muster drill/sail away party didn't work out for us on our first cruise. There is just too much going on, too much to see, too much excitement. I'm trying to recall how much time is there between the sail away party and the first dinner seating? Would that work better? :confused3 Or possibly have 1 meeting before the muster drill and then maybe plan on having the adults meet up one evening for a drink? That way the families with kiddos that could use a friendly face in the clubs will get a chance to say hello and then the grown ups can relax and chat a little when things have settled down.

If we're picking dates to hand out gifts the only request I have is that it be before Pirate Night pirate:

Having a meeting before the muster drill/sail away party didn't work out for us on our first cruise. There is just too much going on, too much to see, too much excitement. I'm trying to recall how much time is there between the sail away party and the first dinner seating? Would that work better? :confused3 Or possibly have 1 meeting before the muster drill and then maybe plan on having the adults meet up one evening for a drink? That way the families with kiddos that could use a friendly face in the clubs will get a chance to say hello and then the grown ups can relax and chat a little when things have settled down.

If we're picking dates to hand out gifts the only request I have is that it be before Pirate Night pirate:

Okay, let's discuss the meeting then everyone.... If you've done it before at that time, you'd know. Thanks!

And pirate night looks to be Thursday night. I'll go ahead and put you down to distribute on Thursday sometime (sounds like you'll have something to for us to put to use that night!) :)

I sent you a PM but not sure you got it. Was wondering if we could drop off our stuff on a day at sea? We are flexible as to which one. Also, is it too late to switch my son's favorite person to Jake and the Neverland Pirates or Peter Pan? Since he's turned 3 he's into different things.

Thanks!
Lisa

Hi everyone! Sorry if you sent me a PM and I just now responded... haven't been on here for a few days - busy getting ready for Christmas! And you know what that means... the cruise is just around the corner! Hooray!
We may have 4 other families joining us. I got a message from one person asking for the link to our FE board so those 4 could possibly join. Looks like it's turning out to be a nice size group!

Hope you all are almost ready for Christmas! Have a great weekend everyone!
Marcy

Hey all. My 7year old has allergies to gluten and dairy there is some dark chocolates she can eat as well as lollipops, nerds, gummies... Dont worry too much about it though, she really good about what she can and cant eat, and sometimes we give her a digestive enzyme so she can eat the forbidden foods.

As far as what day we want to give out our gifts, I am not sure yet. I am looking into giving on more than one day and I dont really have a preference of the days.

As far as what day we want to give out our gifts, I am not sure yet. I am looking into giving on more than one day and I dont really have a preference of the days.

No worries, looks like we have a nice spread of people giving on a variety of days already, so feel free (EVERYONE ELSE TOO!) to just distribute when you can unless you know there is a specific day you will do.

Closer and closer! My kids keep asking to go back on a Disney cruise suddenly this past week and they don't know we're going in Feb. It's a Christmas surprise for them. Still have to decide how to tell them on Christmas, but we got them each a Duffy Disney bear to announce it somehow. They will be so excited! I can't wait until we can tell them!

Can you please add one more to the FE exchange? I have not been to the meet thread yet, as our last cruise was in October, then with Thanksgiving and Christmas, havent been focusing on the Feb cruise yet. We are two adults, this will be our 10th cruise.
Christopher-43
Robert-42
Stateroom 8548
Not sure when we'll be delivering gifts yet. Thank you!

Still have to decide how to tell them on Christmas, but we got them each a Duffy Disney bear to announce it somehow. They will be so excited! I can't wait until we can tell them!

Was just in Disneyland last week and saw some cute Mexican outfits for Duffy. Going to pick one up the day before the cruise to dress up ours in time for the sailing and take him along!

Can you please add one more to the FE exchange? I have not been to the meet thread yet, as our last cruise was in October, then with Thanksgiving and Christmas, havent been focusing on the Feb cruise yet. We are two adults, this will be our 10th cruise.
Christopher-43
Robert-42
Stateroom 8548
Not sure when we'll be delivering gifts yet. Thank you!

Of course! Welcome aboard! Any favorite characters either of you have that we can put on the list in case people personalize gifts?

And I ordered the Duffy Mexican outfit for the kids to have on one of their Duffys on the cruise too! I hear there is a party called Minnie's Mexican Fiesta, so I'm sure our Duffy will be decked out in his Mexican gear and sombrero for that! :) We'll expect yours will be too then! :)
-Marcy

Cool, I didn't hear about the fiesta party, so of course we'll deck out Duffy for it! Favorite characters, Rob likes Pooh, I like Chernabog, and modern princes like Flynn Rider, Naveen, Peter or Caspain from the Narnia series

I was directed to this thread if we want to do this activity....

What, exactly, IS this activity. LOL!

I get the gist that everyone exchanges gifts, but how exactly does it work, and what types of things are given? How many gifts would I need to make/buy?

What is a Fish Extender?

Can you tell I'm a noobie??? :)

-Allison

I was directed to this thread if we want to do this activity....

What, exactly, IS this activity. LOL!

I get the gist that everyone exchanges gifts, but how exactly does it work, and what types of things are given? How many gifts would I need to make/buy?

What is a Fish Extender?

Can you tell I'm a noobie??? :)

-Allison

Hi Allison! Look at post #3 on this thread, on page 1. It has a couple links to descriptions, where to get a Fish Extender to hang outside your door and all the info about it! Check it out and let us know if you're interested! Today's our closing date. Sign up and give it a shot, your kids would have a blast!
On that first page there is also a link to gifts that people have put together in the past for ideas. It's a blast and a fun way to add even more MAGIC to the trip! :)
Marcy

After getting more of a sense of what is involved, I DO think my kids would LOVE this activity. :)

Hopefully I don't mess it up. LOL!

One more question, though....

We have 2 staterooms because our family is large. Do we just do one FE, or do we need one for each room?

We are in cabins: 7016 and 7018
Me: Allison
DH: Warren
(B) Matt: 13
(B) Will: 10
(B) Nate: 8
(B) Drew: 8
(B) Jake: 4
(G) Audrey: 2

Really, our family loves all the Disney characters. My little girls loves ALL things Princess. My 4 year old loves Buzz Light-year and Lightening McQueen. All of my older boys love Phineas and Ferb and all the Marvel characters.

After getting more of a sense of what is involved, I DO think my kids would LOVE this activity. :)

Hopefully I don't mess it up. LOL!

One more question, though....

We have 2 staterooms because our family is large. Do we just do one FE, or do we need one for each room?

We are in cabins: 7016 and 7018
Me: Allison
DH: Warren
(B) Matt: 13
(B) Will: 10
(B) Nate: 8
(B) Drew: 8
(B) Jake: 4
(G) Audrey: 2

Really, our family loves all the Disney characters. My little girls loves ALL things Princess. My 4 year old loves Buzz Light-year and Lightening McQueen. All of my older boys love Phineas and Ferb and all the Marvel characters.

Wonderful Allison! Have fun! You can make your own or order a Fish Extender from ebay or etsy, but if you want them to make you one, order soon because they can take awhile to have someone make it.

I'll put you down for all the members of your family and if you have just one FE with your family name on it that works, or if you have two FE's, since your rooms are next to each other we'll figure it out. Just have the kids' names on the pockets and you'll be set, whether you use one or two FE's. I'll list all your family so you'll still get the same amount of gifts! Have fun planning what you'll give out! It's a blast!

Welcome aboard and have fun getting ready!!!!
Marcy

Hi everyone! Can you believe how close it's getting to our cruise?!?!

The FE group is closed now, so we can all begin planning our gifts, knowing the specific number.

We have 14 cabins.
15 women
12 men
10 girls
16 boys

Happy planning!
In the next week or so, I'll prepare a sheet with all the cabins listed as well as a map of the ship with the cabins circled to help you map out your distribution of gifts.
Happy New Year!
Marcy

Hi everyone! Can you believe how close it's getting to our cruise?!?!

The FE group is closed now, so we can all begin planning our gifts, knowing the specific number.

We have 13 cabins.
14 women
12 men
8 girls
16 boys

Happy planning!
In the next week or so, I'll prepare a sheet with all the cabins listed as well as a map of the ship with the cabins circled to help you map out your distribution of gifts.
Happy New Year!
Marcy

Thanks so much, Marcy, for getting this all organized! I can't believe we are leaving so soon! Looking forward to a great trip!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter