Feb 2020 Thread

Bummer that Splash will be closed (biggest downside of going in February). But selfishly it makes it that much easier for me to skip MK next year. Shocking, I know, but I have only 4 park days and my priorities are all in the other parks.

DH and I are booked 2/22 to 2/25 for our 30th anniversary, just the two of us. :love: We are both teachers so we are coming over Mardi Gras break. I see that it is also President’s Day and Princess marathon weekend so it will be busy. We usually take a WDW trip for our family of 12 over the 4th of July each year. How are the crowds in February in comparison to July?

I think I finally got all of my transportation issues worked out and now get to work on fun stuff like trying for better adrs and making tshirts. The plus side is my FP day is no longer Christmas morning! I also want to work on finding random information about disney world that I can impart on my kids while we stand in line.

DH and I are booked 2/22 to 2/25 for our 30th anniversary, just the two of us. :love: We are both teachers so we are coming over Mardi Gras break. I see that it is also President’s Day and Princess marathon weekend so it will be busy. We usually take a WDW trip for our family of 12 over the 4th of July each year. How are the crowds in February in comparison to July?
Cooler? :D

I would guess the crowds will seem pretty small if you are used to trying to navigate with 12!

Late to the party but crushed about Splash Mountain even though we knew it was most likely coming. I have never ridden it before and was looking forward to experiencing such a cult classic. Sigh... guess I will just have to book another trip. 🏰🎆 Crossing my fingers for @CamillaGS that it opens when they say it will!

Late to the party but crushed about Splash Mountain even though we knew it was most likely coming. I have never ridden it before and was looking forward to experiencing such a cult classic. Sigh... guess I will just have to book another trip. 🏰🎆 Crossing my fingers for @CamillaGS that it opens when they say it will!
Awww, thank you! And I wish you and your family a very magical trip! :flower1:
It really sucks when we can´t experience something so iconic in the parks (in my case, in both my first and second trips Soarin´ was being refurbished, so I´ve never ridden it), but it doesn´t take away from all the fun we have. And well, there´s always another trip...LOL Third time is a charm, I´m hoping to finally ride Soarin´ this trip!

I'm looking for some trip planning advice. I'd like to throw in a third park day on 2/28, but I'm not sure. I'd love to do HS which opens at 9, so we would have until around 3:30. Debating on if that's enough time and if it justifies spending an extra $90 per person. Would love to hear y'alls thoughts.

2/27 - Land at 8:50AM - Currently MK closes at 8PM that day so I think we will have plenty of time to do things.
2/28 - Doing an AH event at Universal - 5PM-1AM
2/29 - Doing an AH event at Universal - 5PM-1AM
3/1 - Plan on Doing AK all day
3/2 - fly out at 6:35PM

Hi all, new to the Dis, really enjoy all of the tips and strategies here, have not seen a Feb 2020 thread so I will start one.

Just booked a tower room at Coronado Springs, water view, for Feb 4-12th. Really excited to stay in a brand new room as the previous 3 on-site trips have been camping @FW, 2013, All Star Sports 2016 and All Star Movies Dec 2018.

Count us in for Arrival February 25th and leaving March 4th. I know it's right after the Princess half marathon, but is the best time for us. Can't wait!

I'll be there at POP the same time, too. It is my daughters Feb break, no other choice for us. Good planning and use of FPs we will be fine with the crowds! They are a bit scary, though.

Mine is Christmas Eve for this next trip. We went in Feb this year and out FP day was on Christmas morning...thankful for my amazing TA!

We've gone at Mardi Gras time twice, and did not notice any huge crowds, or any different than any other time. We stay at POFQ, Mardi Gras central, and never noticed! LOL. Honestly I don't think it impacts the parks that much. We are going again at that time this 2020 and it doesn't concern us in the slightest. Maybe we were lucky twice? I don't know. We did have a few busier days post the princess half marathon, but that's it. The PHM probably caused more traffic as a lot of people stay after the race if they can. Hope this helps relay your fears.

Fast Pass day is coming up quickly! Very excited! Everyone have their strategy set- especially with the new HS tier 1 changes?

For this trip we are surprising my niece with it as a 13th birthday present. We were originally going to tell her on Christmas Day, but we recently decided to tell her on Thanksgiving Day. This way she can have a bit more of a say in the vaca since Fast Pass booking is right around the corner, and it also gives me a little more time to change our 1 ADR we booked for Crystal Palace if she prefers something else. We are also hoping a Thanksgiving Day surprise will come totally from left field and she will be blown away. Planning a scavenger hunt with my stepfather that will end with a scratch off that will reveal we are going to WDW in Feb. My mom and I made her this cute shirt to add to the surprise (ignore the sunshine, its a solid white shirt lol):

And yes you read that right, one ADR, but thats only for the first three days my parents, sister and niece are with us as we want to maximize our park time. For the three days after they leave, I booked one ADR per day for DH and my extended stay. BOG here we come! Our "extended stay" will most likely be me trying to do everything I will gallantly sacrifice for my niece's wishes. This is where being a grown up is hard. :earsgirl:

Last edited:
Fast Pass day is coming up quickly! Very excited! Everyone have their strategy set- especially with the new HS tier 1 changes?

I, always the hopeful one, am planning for FPs for Slinky Dog Dash - a girl can dream, right? :lmao:
My wife has a low interest in SWGE and both my mom and aunt have zero interest in anything Star Wars, so they´ll probably want to skip it if it´s too crowded... since I´m the one that´s really looking forward to SWGE and in charge of planning, my strategy is rope dropping SWGE "real quick" (lol) and moving onto TSL for both SDD and TSM, so I´m hoping for FPs to one of them.

For this trip we are surprising my niece with it as a 13th birthday present. We were originally going to tell her on Christmas Day, but we recently decided to tell her on Thanksgiving Day. This way she can have a bit more of a say in the vaca since Fast Pass booking is right around the corner, and it also gives me a little more time to change our 1 ADR we booked for Crystal Palace if she prefers something else. We are also hoping a Thanksgiving Day surprise will come totally from left field and she will be blown away. Planning a scavenger hunt with my stepfather that will end with a scratch off that will reveal we are going to WDW in Feb. My mom and I made her this cute shirt to add to the surprise (ignore the sunshine, its a solid white shirt lol):
And yes you read that right, one ADR, but thats only for the first three days my parents, sister and niece are with us as we want to maximize our park time. For the three days after they leave, I booked one ADR per day for DH and my extended stay. BOG here we come! Our "extended stay" will most likely be me trying to do everything I will gallantly sacrifice for my niece's wishes. This is where being a grown up is hard. :earsgirl:

Awww that´s a lovely shirt! And you´re a lovely aunt! I´m sure she´s gonna love the surprise and the plans! And it´s a good thing you´ll be able to do your "extended stay" with your husband and fulfill your own plans later... smart move ;)

I'm looking for some trip planning advice. I'd like to throw in a third park day on 2/28, but I'm not sure. I'd love to do HS which opens at 9, so we would have until around 3:30. Debating on if that's enough time and if it justifies spending an extra $90 per person. Would love to hear y'alls thoughts.

2/27 - Land at 8:50AM - Currently MK closes at 8PM that day so I think we will have plenty of time to do things.
2/28 - Doing an AH event at Universal - 5PM-1AM
2/29 - Doing an AH event at Universal - 5PM-1AM
3/1 - Plan on Doing AK all day
3/2 - fly out at 6:35PM

Would love to hear what y'all think! Is it possible to do HS from 9-3:30 or 4?

Am I the only person with about 26 various lists already? FP I hope to get, shirts I want to make, things I need to pack etc... The fun part is trying to keep them away from the kids.

Who is in your party? First trip to DW or Universal?
Me, my mom, and my 12 yo niece. Its our first time to Universal but we are doing a 2 day after hours event so we can't get into there until 5. I've been to HS but my mom and noece haven't

Me, my mom, and my 12 yo niece. Its our first time to Universal but we are doing a 2 day after hours event so we can't get into there until 5. I've been to HS but my mom and noece haven't
I would think you could do a few hours at HS but that doesn't give you any time to rest before a very late night at Universal. The question though is what you would do if you didn't do a park day and if that would be any more relaxing. Obviously the 29th you would spend time sleeping in and then still have some time to explore. You also have several hours on your fly out day if you were up for a park that day. If your mom or niece want to do HS then yeah, probably worth it. Consider Epcot instead though. My DD is 11 and desperately wants to visit Epcot. One thing to consider-12 year olds can be pretty grouchy beings once they get tired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts