FEB 2003..newbie question

txmusicgirl

Earning My Ears
My 9 yr old and I are going to WDW Feb 12th-17th 2003. This is my first time as well as hers. What are the crowds like during that time?
I keep hearing about President's week, but I still haven't figured out when that starts.
Right now our flight gets in on the 12th around 6pm. Should I bump our flight up and get in earlier in the day? Will that be a slower day? We are just flying in from TX.

Thanks
:confused:

President's Day is Monday, Feb. 17th. This means that the crowds will probably pick up on Saturday the 15th and be fairly heavy by Sunday and Monday. The 12th-14th will be pretty uncrowded. I was there is week before President's Day last year and didn't see waits over 15 minutes until the Saturday before.

If you go to MK on Thursday or Friday you should be fine to get everything in without bumping up your flight. Of course, if changing your flight is easy to do, then there's always that extra day at Disney! By doing MK on Thurs or Fri, you will avoid the majority of the crowds. Epcot would probably be a good park for the weekend since it is so big.

Basically, you only have half of your vacation during the crowded weekend. You will get tons done during the first few days. Hit the big things in the first half of the trip and then go back for the shows and smaller rides.

Have fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter