Fear of heights and Skyliner

Were you one the WDW Skyliner? I can't think of any place where that happens. The closest you come is the turn station near Boardwalk. But there the cars slow down to a point where they are hardly moving.
Yes, I agree with your description, but in my memory of the experience we were flying....

Hi -
We haven't been since 2017, which was before the Skyliner was open. I need someone with a similar fear of heights to weigh in, so I am going to describe my fear in detail. I know some people have a worse case and some people have a more mild case. I would love to ride the Skyliner in theory, but I don't know if I can handle it. I need to make dining reservations and we are staying at Beach Club, so this could impact where I consider dining.

I am fine if I can't see or if it is quick. I love Space Mountain and have been riding that since I was a small child; Rockin' Rollercoaster is fun; I like Expedition Everest if I don't look down on the first uphill climb; Tower of Terror is fine and quick but I always request the back row; Soarin is my least favorite, and I always request the back/bottom row. I continue to do those attractions because I enjoy the thrills and/or the feeling of being transported. I would never do Hulk or Rip Ride Rocket at Universal.

In the real world, what I really don't like (almost refuse to ride) is elevators with windows open to the outside world or very long escalators (if you are in the Dallas area, the Perot Museum escalators are the worst and I opt for the elevators). Stairs with holes aren't may favorite either - I usually try to find another option. If I have to use one of these, I look at the wall or my feet or the back of the person in front of me in the case of stairs or escalator.

In my mind, the Skyliner is something similar to an elevator with windows. If that's the case, forget it.

If you have a similar fear of heights and have experienced the Skyliner, please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!
I have a similar fear of heights for sure! Riding in the Skyliner doesn't bother me at all though. I am not sure why... maybe because it's enclosed and I am sitting. I actually like looking down on everything and checking stuff out. If I was to stand on a balcony or anything like that at the same height.... I would definitely be petrified. A worst case scenario would be to just close your eyes and hug the person next to you if you are uncomfortable. I honestly am a sissy with heights and the Skyliner hasn't bothered me at all!

I am afraid of heights too, and a chicken to boot, LOL!
I know myself and I will not ride the skyliner at all. I know how I react to things like this and I just don't want to experience that. Kudos to those who are able to ride it though:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter