• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FDP Questions...

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
Our party of 15 (one is an infant) will be doing the FDP in June. We know that we do not want a buffet so H&V is not an option. So, we booked MM because it was cheaper than HBD.

I've been looking at reviews for MM and I am a little leery. On top of that, the latest "dinner" reservation we could get is 3:30pm on a night that Fantasmic isn't showing until 9pm. So now I'm taking another look at the HBD.

I'm wondering...what is the latest seating for LUNCH that we could get at HBD? What is the price for the lunch FDP at the HBD? If it is not too much more than the "dinner" at MM, we might look at switching. Right now, I am planning on calling back once we are inside of 30 days to see if there are any cancellations for later meals at MM. I just think calling it "dinner" at 3:30pm is silly. I would think that would be considered "lunch" since a lot of the "dinner-only" restaurants don't even open until 4pm.

HBD has the same menu all day long so the fixed price of the F!DP doesn't change. I believe it's about $50 (non peak season) and $58 (peak season). Since there's no change in the menu, I don't know if there's an actual "end of lunch" or "start of dinner" time.

You can book the F!DP online so you could check for cancellations that way instead of calling. You don't have to wait until you're less than 30 days out because people cancel all the time. Just be sure you're checking for F!DP cancellations and not regular reservations for the restaurant.

ETA: Someone on another thread posted that they just called and were quoted $60.77 Adult/ $18.10 Child for the HBD package, but they didn't say for what dates they were asking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter