Favorite vegetarian CS and TS options? Minus mushrooms.

daisylovesdisney

Mouseketeer
My sister is coming with us on our next trip in August and is a long time vegetarian. Seems like WDW leans towards mushrooms for the veggie option at a lot of places and of course it's the one thing she doesn't care for. :confused3

Any vegetarians in the group have a favorite spot with a non-mushroom option? Looking for any/all park/resort options. :thanks:

Thank you!

The Zuchii Wrap at Ronto Roasters in Galaxy’s Edge before 3 pm. The hearts of palm “lobster” roll at Rosie’s All American in HS.

All I can think of is the Butternut Squash soup at Mara. Also I think (but not sure) the Salad Sampler at Sanaa is vegetarian, and it's delicious! No mushrooms as I don't like them either.
Update: I happened to be checking, and the salad sampler is advertised as "plant based".

Last edited:
I don’t eat mushrooms, and I agree they show up too often in “vegetable” dishes even though they’re not vegetables.

Sunshine Seasons at The Land in Epcot is my favorite counter service with several (fungus-free) veggie options.

Jungle Cruise Skipper’s Cantina in the Magic Kingdom has a vegetable curry that either doesn’t have mushrooms or can be made without them.

Any buffet will have vegetarian options, but Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge and Tusker House at Animal Kingdom are my favorites. I also like Sanaa. Both the salad sampler and the bread/dip sampler are vegetarian.

Sanaa is my all time favorite restaurant for veggie options. Sunshine Seasons and Regal Eagle are great quick service options in Epcot. Satu'li in Animal Kingdom has a good tofu bowl.

Satu'li Canteen in Ak; the tofu bowl is awesome, but my fav is Docking bay in HS, the Kefta and Hummus.

If you guys are ever at Grand Floridian, the GF Cafe has a great avocado toast.

Morimoto's Vegetable dishes - since she doesn't like mushrooms, I'd suggest the stir fried tofu medley.

I am a long time vegetarian that despises mushrooms. Here are my fav QS and TS restaurants in WDW.
MK - Pecos Bills QS, Caseys QS
Skipper's Canteen TS
EP - Sunshine Seasons QS, Morocco Pavilion QS (not sure it's open right now), Festival Booths have some great veggie options... there's always a festival on
Coral Reef TS, Garden Grill TS, Biergarten Buffet
HS - ABC QS, Docking Bay 7 QS
Mama Melrose TS (ask for the entree without mushrooms)
AK - Satuli QS, Flametree QS, the Tiffins outdoor lounge
Tiffins TS
Resorts TS - Kona, Whispering Canyon, Storybook Dining, Ale & Compass, Sanaa, Olivia's, Three Bridges

Satu'li Canteen in Ak; the tofu bowl is awesome, but my fav is Docking bay in HS, the Kefta and Hummus.

If you guys are ever at Grand Floridian, the GF Cafe has a great avocado toast.
We're staying at the GF resort so adding that to the list!

Morimoto's Vegetable dishes - since she doesn't like mushrooms, I'd suggest the stir fried tofu medley.
Will keep that in mind for a DS dinner, thank you!

I am a long time vegetarian that despises mushrooms. Here are my fav QS and TS restaurants in WDW.
MK - Pecos Bills QS, Caseys QS
Skipper's Canteen TS
EP - Sunshine Seasons QS, Morocco Pavilion QS (not sure it's open right now), Festival Booths have some great veggie options... there's always a festival on
Coral Reef TS, Garden Grill TS, Biergarten Buffet
HS - ABC QS, Docking Bay 7 QS
Mama Melrose TS (ask for the entree without mushrooms)
AK - Satuli QS, Flametree QS, the Tiffins outdoor lounge
Tiffins TS
Resorts TS - Kona, Whispering Canyon, Storybook Dining, Ale & Compass, Sanaa, Olivia's, Three Bridges
Many good suggestions here, thanks!

I'm not a vegetarian, but enjoy eating non meat dishes. I haven't tried all of the below, but I have had most salads and the Pecos bill and jungle skipper options

Magic Kingdom
  • Pecos Bill--veggie rice bowl, they also have a new salad since I was last there--sun bonnet trio strawberry salad--you can get it plain or with chicken or pork carnitas...so make sure she orders it plain.
  • Jungle skipper canteen--curried vegetable crew stew, Perkins Thai noodles (spicy)
  • Pinocchio's--3 different non meat flatbread options(roasted street corn, gourmet cheese, margherita)
Epcot
  • Depending upon time of year, check out festival kiosks, there are always some vegetarian/vegan options
  • France Crepe places--ratatouille galette, cheese galette
  • Morocco Spice road table--lots of small plate options--hummus fries, crispy cauliflower, naan spreads, dolmas, etc
  • Italy Via Napoli--ravioli, pizzas
Hollywood studios
  • Backlot express: Southwest salad, teriyaki tofu bowl
  • Abc commissary: Mediterranean salad
  • Ronto roasters: zuchii wrap, andoan fruit
Animal Kingdom
  • Satuli canteen: chili spiced crispy fried tofu bowl--lots of customization options with base/sauce
  • Yak and yeti--quick service--vegetable Tikka masala; Table service--vegetable lo mein, roasted vegetable bowl (doesn't specify the veggies though...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter