Favorite Ship and why....yes you have to pick just one!

What is your FAVORITE ship to sail on?

• Magic

Votes: 36 29.5%
  • Wonder

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • Fantasy

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • Dream

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Wish

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters
It's interesting that the Wish has ZERO votes so far and a couple people mention if you're talking concierge its #1 but otherwise it's not. I really expected the Wish to get a lot more votes since its newer
It seems many people that like the Wish are new to DCL (or, at least newer, and the Wish was their first ship). Those that are veterans seem to not like the Wish as compared to the original 4. It also stands to reason that people who frequent these boards are more likely to be DCL veterans and not newbies. Of course that's my anecdotal observations, but from that perspective it does make sense.

It seems many people that like the Wish are new to DCL (or, at least newer, and the Wish was their first ship). Those that are veterans seem to not like the Wish as compared to the original 4. It also stands to reason that people who frequent these boards are more likely to be DCL veterans and not newbies. Of course that's my anecdotal observations, but from that perspective it does make sense.
I agree with that. I've watched a lot of youtube vlogs on the various ships and usually those who have been on a cruise before are not impressed. Like its an absolutely beautiful ship but when you compare apples to apples the ships like adult area vs adult area I think the Wish falls short. I'm excited to try her out regardless but I don't have high hopes I'll like her more than the Dream or Magic

Same. I'm on the Wish for a 3-night in April so I can check her out. I'm trying to keep an open mind but I love the other ships so much it'll be hard to top them!

Yup. I'm dong a 3-night on the Wish in August just to see and know for myself. Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. I purposely went with a veranda on deck 10 aft so I have that space and/or can get to the outdoor adult area/cove cafe quickly in worst-case.

Our first was the Fantasy, so that has been my favorite over the Dream. But we are sailing on the Magic next week so I can't wait to see if we like the smaller ships.

Our plan is to sail them all someday!

I have been on all five, my first was the Dream, but the Wonder is my favorite, my wife's favorite is the Fantasy.

But I love the Wonder for her smaller size, layout, the feel, the venues and just everything.

We’ve only sailed the Fantasy and the Wish.
Of the two I’d pick the Wish for it’s dining rooms and amazing kids clubs. We also really enjoyed Festival of Foods and the pool layout. We don’t use the adult only areas and aren’t big drinkers so yes the layout of the Wish is a little wonky but it worked well for us. It was by far the best family vacation we’ve ever taken.

The Magic!!! Our first cruise in 2010 in the Med. Thought we were one and done, but the addiction began. DS’s favorite is the Fantasy. Really looking forward to 11 night on the Dream this summer since she will be new to us. I have thought that the Wonder was the prettiest ship since her reimagining. The Wish looks to be that now, but I really do not like the layout.

It's interesting that the Wish has ZERO votes so far and a couple people mention if you're talking concierge its #1 but otherwise it's not. I really expected the Wish to get a lot more votes since its newer
I suspect there are a lot of people who have yet to sail on the Wish.

Same. I loved her best for the brief period she had a public indoor Cove space (which they rudely stole away for concierge) but she is still my favorite. My husband would choose the Fantasy.
We got to visit our favorite spot last month when we sailed concierge on the Wonder.

I've sailed on all 5 ships and the Wish is my least favorite. I wouldn't choose it again unless I had a specific reason (family going on it, an amazing itinerary I couldn't pass up, winning a free cruise, LOL!).

For me bigger is better. The Dream was our first but we haven’t sailed on her since then because we don’t do shorter cruises. However we are sailing on her this summer on a Mediterranean cruise. We’ve sailed on the Fantasy the most. The smaller ships are ok but not my favorites.

We got to visit our favorite spot last month when we sailed concierge on the Wonder.
We can't justify the double price tag... we did splurge once to see if it was worth it to us, but we didn't get enough out of it for it to make sense. As nostalgic as I feel, I can't deny to my husband the trips we have taken with the money have more than made up for missing out. Its only the two of us and we're pretty low key. Maybe some day when we have less of an itch to go new places. In the meantime please enjoy for us! :)

We can't justify the double price tag... we did splurge once to see if it was worth it to us, but we didn't get enough out of it for it to make sense. As nostalgic as I feel, I can't deny to my husband the trips we have taken with the money have more than made up for missing out. Its only the two of us and we're pretty low key. Maybe some day when we have less of an itch to go new places. In the meantime please enjoy for us! :)
We agree. It will be a one and done for us. It was a “decent” price for concierge with it being a 5 night Mexico the first week of February, and we had 50% off for having one of our Wish cruises cancelled. We put that to good use. We have seen so many people say that once you cruise concierge you will never not cruise concierge. We did not think going into it that we would agree. We all really enjoyed the experience, and out of all of our cruises this was one the craziest. 3X as many first time cruisers and tons of 3,4 and 5 year olds. 🤣 We feel blessed to have experienced it, but have no regrets going back to deck 2, even in an inside stateroom.

Good memories made on all five, but the Magic is my sentimental favorite. It was the first Disney ship that I cruised on and we sailed some of our favorite European itineraries on her. It feels like coming home when we board the Magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter