Favorite Ship and why....yes you have to pick just one!

What is your FAVORITE ship to sail on?

• Magic

Votes: 36 29.5%
  • Wonder

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • Fantasy

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • Dream

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Wish

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters

OpieDoodle

DIS Veteran
Alright y'all just curious! What is your favorite ship.
[Yes I know it can be itinerary dependent but lets just say all 5 offer the same exact cruise on the date you want to go...which are you picking]

Also why?

My husband finally agreed to doing regular DCL cruises so I'm wanting to try them all!
So far I've only been on the Dream so that defaults to my favorite but reading people's reviews I have a feeling I'll love the Magic and Wonder even more!

As someone that has also only been on the Dream, it gets my vote! I've watched videos of the other ships and I think I'd still like the Dream best even if I had gone on them all, but I guess there's only one way to find out.

As someone that has also only been on the Dream, it gets my vote! I've watched videos of the other ships and I think I'd still like the Dream best even if I had gone on them all, but I guess there's only one way to find out.
I love your way of thinking! I almost booked my family again on the dream but decided I wanted to try the others out!

My favorite is the Fantasy- longer cruises and I like the layout and features.
I'm excited to try the Fantasy, I was surprised to find its you either love or hate that ship. I heard there is a big vibration issue in the aft? Not sure how true it is tho. We are a mid ship kinda family so I doubt I'll notice.

It’s always going to be the Wonder for me. She was my first and she feels like home.
I'm so excited to try the wonder! I'm hoping to book it when I get back from one of my current scheduled trips. I live in Ohio but have family on the west coast. I mean it seems only reasonable if I book a cruise before or after a family visit LOL
Magic. It's where I've spent the most time.

My theory is that your favorite is always your first ship (applies to both guests and CM's).
I am excited to find that out! I've heard so many people that LOVE the magic and wonder so I can't wait to try out the magic this fall!

We have sailed the Fantasy three times, the Magic once, and will sail on the Wonder in September. Out of the Fantasy and Magic, I love them both, but give a slight edge to the Magic.

The below are all from adults-only perspective, since that is how we cruise now.

Pros of the Magic:
  • Smaller crowds at ports.
  • Aft elevators not exiting into Cabanas.
  • I like their adult district just a little more (but it is very close, since both have pros and cons).
  • Quick service is better by a lot, in my opinion (I love the shawarma option, thought the fresh fruit, wraps, and salads were better, and both the pizza and burgers seemed better too - not sure how - but I liked the pizza on the Magic and won't touch it on the Fantasy).
  • The MDR food was slightly better than the Fantasy, but in reality is very similar.
  • Aquadunk is superior to Aquaduck (don't @ me).
  • Much less vibration in aft (as of two weeks ago, this was still an issue on Fantasy).
  • Tangled was the best musical we have seen so far on DCL. Although, it was overkill to have them perform in an MDR and the theater - by the end of the cruise, I was thinking, "I have had my fill of Tangled - it was everywhere!).
  • The non-animation Animators Pallet show is better (although, I love the down time between talking with Crush, with the undersee theme on the Fantasy - take out Crush and that would be the perfect ambiance for me).
  • I liked the overall feel of that size of ship. It was a perfect fit. Not too big, not too small.
The only cons compared to the Fantasy that come to mind are it is slightly more worn, the TV's didn't work well on the Magic at all, the atrium on the Fantasy is superior, and I don't like loud obtrusive dinner shows like the Tangled show on the magic (I know - don't hate me).

With young kids, I would probably pick the Fantasy for the moving art and associated games. My kids loved those when they were little.

Last edited:
The Dream was my first DCL (not my first cruise) and it is my favorite. I like the shows on it the best of any - BATB cannot be beat. It feels like home.

We love the Magic. For us it is where it all started. Our very first cruise ever was a 7 night Mexican Riviera out of Long Beach in August 2008 and we had the best time ever. That cruise got us hooked on cruising in general and also got us into DVC. For us the Magic just feels like coming home, and we have found that we really prefer the smaller "classic" ships over the bigger newer ships.

I heard there is a big vibration issue in the aft? Not sure how true it is tho. We are a mid ship kinda family so I doubt I'll notice.

It's true, and it hasn't been fixed like Disney claimed at one point. However, it is highly variable based on sea conditions and speed. We had a room that was maybe 10 rooms from the back of the ship this last sailing, and on the first night, my wife was unhappy because when we laid down in bed, her head would shake pretty hard. It was bad enough that it was obnoxious when falling asleep, but not enough to wake us up or cause any real bad rattling in the room. It would keep me from booking aft again if I had a choice, but would never keep me from sailing if that was the only option.

It was gone for most of the cruise and only came back at the end. When it was there, it was rough seas and/or a high speed of travel. So it won't always be there.

It's true, and it hasn't been fixed like Disney claimed at one point. However, it is highly variable based on sea conditions and speed. We had a room that was maybe 10 rooms from the back of the ship this last sailing, and on the first night, my wife was unhappy because when we laid down in bed, her head would shake pretty hard. It was bad enough that it was obnoxious when falling asleep, but not enough to wake us up or cause any real bad rattling in the room. It would keep me from booking aft again if I had a choice, but would never keep me from sailing if that was the only option.

It was gone for most of the cruise and only came back at the end. When it was there, it was rough seas and/or a high speed of travel. So it won't always be there.
That's really good to know. Honestly, my family could probably sleep anywhere and not complain. Like for example people complain a lot about being on the Dream on deck 10 under the pool deck. We stayed there and didn't notice it at all.

I'm not usually a big fan of the back of the ship in general so I'd bet it won't be an issue for us. I eventually want to try one of the white wall verandah rooms but I'll probably not do that on the fantasy LOL

2010 Magic.
Back when they had 2 staircases, an opulent stunning marble walkway on deck 4, and an exciting mural and carpet walkway from guest services to the front of the ship. And the atrium with the original
chandelier.

Now the halls are blue. Couldn’t be less remarkable if they tried. Seats are better on the windows there though.
I’ll see if I can add more photos.9186B722-FF4F-4E77-B1A2-218A5D54763C.jpeg

Last edited:
We always go for the aft rooms on the Fantasy because we absolutely love the oversized verandahs! We've had 7194 and 6192 which are both dead centre aft and yes there was vibration when the ship was coming into Castaway Cay and I think on the return at PC - can't remember. Other than that, we didn't notice anything. Those oversized verandahs are great to sit out on for breakfast or sea days.

If sailing concierge my choice is the Wish due to the awesome concierge lounge and sundeck. If not concierge-the Wonder as I love the smaller ships and service is always top notch.

The Magic. It is the only Disney ship I have been on.
I prefer it for the same reason I prefer Disneyland over other Disney parks, it is the original.

We have been on all five ships multiple times. I voted for the Fantasy because it does 7-night sailings and our second choice, the Dream only does 3 & 4 night sailings. The Wish falls into 3rd place, unless you are talking about concierge in which case it vaults to #1 easily.

The classic ships, Magic & Wonder are #4 & 5. Not that they are bad. Nothing like that at all. We just prefer the other more.

We have been on all five ships multiple times. I voted for the Fantasy because it does 7-night sailings and our second choice, the Dream only does 3 & 4 night sailings. The Wish falls into 3rd place, unless you are talking about concierge in which case it vaults to #1 easily.

The classic ships, Magic & Wonder are #4 & 5. Not that they are bad. Nothing like that at all. We just prefer the other more.

It's interesting that the Wish has ZERO votes so far and a couple people mention if you're talking concierge its #1 but otherwise it's not. I really expected the Wish to get a lot more votes since its newer

Magic - shows, MDRs, layout, adult areas, and our all-time favorite cruise was on the Magic (8-night MDAS Thanksgiving cruise from NYC). The Wonder is a close second. I like the Dream and the Fantasy but love the classics. The Wish is not the ship for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter