Favorite Ship and why....yes you have to pick just one!

What is your FAVORITE ship to sail on?

• Magic

Votes: 36 29.5%
  • Wonder

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • Fantasy

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • Dream

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Wish

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters
I have been on the Wonder more than any of the others, (not Wish, that will be in September, I got sick and missed the Wish last year, ) but The Magic gets my vote because of Tangled! We have been on three TA’s on the Magic, I’m less excited about going on the Dream this May.

Last edited:
Fantasy.
I just like the layout and have had the most fun sailing with her. Have sailed the fantasy a number of times and it just feels like a second home. It also has my absolute favorite location on all the ships: the Meridian (I know the Dream also has it, but we haven't sailed her recently because of her short itineraries. Sailing with her again this June)
Meridian has the most stunning views and I always make it a habit of waking up really early in the morning, grab a coffee and head over there to watch the sunrise. It's just magical.

Also, LOL at the Wish getting only 2 votes so far. I know its a small sample and this forum is mostly seasoned cruisers, but wow. Disney really messed up big time with the Wish didn't they? Awful, awful ship. I call it the Best Western of the seas.

We have sailed all 5 - this many times -
Magic 15
Wonder 6
Dream 11
Fantasy 11
Wish 1

Here is my favorite - Fantasy !!!

The Wish is certainly the most beautiful in my opinion, but its not practical for how we like to cruise. However, given dates and itinerary, I would not turn down going on any of them for the right circumstance. But, you asked me to pick just one !!! :)

Enjoying seeing so many people who love the Wonder! We’ll be on our first cruise on the Wonder in June. I look forward to trying all the ships to see what I think 😍 (my husband asked me yesterday “what if we decide we hate cruising after this trip??” - I think there’s very little chance of that!)

Wonder because it was my first cruise.

Unfortunately she isn't coming back to the Atlantic for a while, but I am trying my best to get on the Fantasy soon!

With DCL, I have only been on the Fantasy and the Dream. Of the two I like the Fantasy a bit more. Why? First I prefer a 7-night itinerary over the 5 nights we did on the Dream in December. Also, while they are very similar, I just prefer the subtle differences between the Fantasy in decor and the adult area of the Fantasy. But really if itineraries were the same it would be six of one, half a dozen of the other. I'm looking forward to returning to the Fantasy next year in a 1-bedroom suite.

Now of all cruise ships, I was just on the Regent Splendor for 10 nights for the first time and that ship was unbelievable. But in fairness that is not a DCL ship nor is it an apples-to-apples comparison.

I almost went with the Wonder because we fell in love with that ship on our first two sailings, but we had a magical experience on the Dream in September 2021 and it's probably my favorite ship now! I think the AquaDuck really pushed me over the edge into voting for the Dream. :)

Also, LOL at the Wish getting only 2 votes so far. I know its a small sample and this forum is mostly seasoned cruisers, but wow. Disney really messed up big time with the Wish didn't they? Awful, awful ship. I call it the Best Western of the seas.
I agree, I know a lot of people like the first ship they were on BUT I was shocked to see how many people who were regular cruisers that said they don't have any desire to go back on the Wish again now that they've done it once. From what I've seen I'd argue she's one of the most beautiful ships in terms of design but it sounds like DCL fell short on everything else.

I planned on doing my 10yr anniversary trip with my husband with no kids on the Wish but after seeing reviews of the adult areas we switched to the Magic because I've been dying to try one of the older ships! Then in any reasonable DCL junkie fashion I booked a family trip on the Wish. I'm sure I'll love it and have a great time but I doubt it'll surpass the Dream (or the Magic when I take that trip) for me.
I hope they bring her back East one day but I'm not counting on it
I've been hoping this for a while as well. We were going to try to get our Grand Slam on the Wonder in Alaska....but that was before the Treasure. So unless I can manage to squeeze an Alaska trip next summer the Treasure will be out before I can finish. Darn....I'll just have to add yet another cruise on the Treasure before I can say I've done them all. LOL What a bummer :P
I almost went with the Wonder because we fell in love with that ship on our first two sailings, but we had a magical experience on the Dream in September 2021 and it's probably my favorite ship now! I think the AquaDuck really pushed me over the edge into voting for the Dream. :)
I LOVED the AquaDuck. Probably one of my favorite things on the Dream! I can't wait to try the AquaMouse on the Wish!

We have been on all 5 ships and maiden voyages on the Fantasy and the Wish. Our first cruise was on the Magic. However, our favorite would be the Wonder because we have sailed on her the most. We also prefer the smaller, classic ships. If given the choice to sail concierge, the Wish would win out. This ship was clearly designed with the concierge cruiser in mind.

It is the Magic for me because she has taken us on 3 European cruises and to Key West. Her itineraries have been outstanding.

The Wonder is close, though. She took us to Hawaii and will take us to Australia this October.

This shows that itineraries are the most important for our family.

Sailed on the Magic in 2006 - it was nice. But all we knew.

Sailed the Dream, Fantasy, and Wonder in the past two years. I’d say the Wonder was my fav. Smaller ship, great concierge service.

The Fantasy and Dream were nice - but way too big. Tons of people and it was not as quiet and laid back as the Wonder.

We’ll sail the Wish Jan 2024. We leave in a week on the Fantasy. We have Magic in Sept, Dream in Nov. Once I have sailed on the Magic again, I’ll let you know!

The Wonder for me. I haven't been on the Dream or Wish but have been on the Magic twice and the Fantasy once. It's also the only ship that goes to the West Coast. :sad2: Plus, I like the smaller size of the ship

I still haven’t voted as I can’t make up my mind. I find it interesting that fit the classics the vote is nearly evenly split between the two, while for the Dream class, the Fantasy nearly takes it all. I wonder if that isn’t itinerary based.

Another interesting take away is that the classics combined come out at just over 50%. For ships that are 25 years old that’s an amazing popularity. And I think that’s why DCL isn’t thinking about retiring them any time soon. These ships are still so successful in the market.

It’s interesting that many or most of the votes have nothing to do with the ships themselves, more about itineraries and nostalgia- it just goes to show that the poll should have been which class of ship is your favorite- for me it’s the dream class by a pretty big margin

I still haven’t voted as I can’t make up my mind. I find it interesting that fit the classics the vote is nearly evenly split between the two, while for the Dream class, the Fantasy nearly takes it all. I wonder if that isn’t itinerary based.
For me Fantasy vs Dream, I prefer the Fantasy. If we discount itinerary, I still prefer the adult area and decor on the Fantasy.

But I prefer the classics, even without mini golf and the Aquaduck (both of which I love having on the ship.)

It’s interesting that many or most of the votes have nothing to do with the ships themselves, more about itineraries and nostalgia- it just goes to show that the poll should have been which class of ship is your favorite- for me it’s the dream class by a pretty big margin
But aren’t favorites always emotional picks? Of course nostalgia and past experiences with itineraries will play a roll.

I think the biggest outcome here is that it really doesn’t matter for the OP as a new cruiser, which ship they pick. All are loved by someone.

For me Fantasy vs Dream, I prefer the Fantasy. If we discount itinerary, I still prefer the adult area and decor on the Fantasy.

But I prefer the classics, even without mini golf and the Aquaduck (both of which I love having on the ship.)
I haven’t been on the Dream yet, but can understand the reasoning. I personally love the lobby on the Fantasy, but am no fan of La Piazza or The Tube and think I might those spots better on the Dream. We will see…

Another interesting take away is that the classics combined come out at just over 50%. For ships that are 25 years old that’s an amazing popularity. And I think that’s why DCL isn’t thinking about retiring them any time soon. These ships are still so successful in the market.
They are in great shape for their age and will be around for a long time. They are fan favorites, but also the good thing about their size is for the most part you can move them around more freely. If for some reason, they wanted the Wonder to come back to the Atlantic and the Magic to do the West Coast cruises, they could easily do so. At least more easily than the Dream/Fantasy/Wish.

They certainly have their place and there's no reason to think they'll be retired anytime soon.

They are in great shape for their age and will be around for a long time. They are fan favorites, but also the good thing about their size is for the most part you can move them around more freely. If for some reason, they wanted the Wonder to come back to the Atlantic and the Magic to do the West Coast cruises, they could easily do so. At least more easily than the Dream/Fantasy/Wish.

They certainly have their place and there's no reason to think they'll be retired anytime soon.

Another thing is Disney takes amazing care of their ships. Other cruise lines run their ships into the ground, Disney takes much better care of them so they last a lot longer. Disney is constantly cleaning the ship, making repairs as needed, and even reimagining spaces.

For example, I was on the Carnival Freedom about 8 months ago. This ship was from 2007, so roughly 16 years old, it felt like a 16 year old hotel room. AC didn't work well, everything very used and abused. It was just very dated. Disney on the other hand has ships that have an entire decade on the Freedom and yet doesn't have these issues. Other cruise lines in my opinion use and abuse their ships to get the most out of the least amount of money, Disney takes much better care of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter