Favorite resort pool

Of the resorts we have stayed at, AKL Jambo House pool was awesome and we also love the Dig Site at CSR. POR's main pool was the least appealing to us - shaded, crowded, not a great theeme to us. Also didn't care for CBR's main pool - seating area was relatively small and layout was chopped up.

AKL main pool - talk about being transported! You feel a million miles away from reality!

Honorable mention to the Goofy pool at ASSp - that was our first Disney trip and it hold fond memories!!!!

AKL main pool - talk about being transported! You feel a million miles away from reality!

Honorable mention to the Goofy pool at ASSp - that was our first Disney trip and it hold fond memories!!!!
LoL, with a name like Harambe, there's no doubt this is were you would choose.:teeth: Which is perfectly fine, because it is an awesome pool 4 sure.

I've had a few enjoyable days spent by the WL pool. It's also nice, though it doesn't really compare to the Poly pools or Stormalong bay.

Stormalong Bay is amazing. It is the best pool hands down. My kids were 15 and 9 and had a ball. They stayed in that pool for hours. My kids also love CBR. We've stayed at the Poly and the pool is ok. I think it was probably better before the refurb.

LoL, with a name like Harambe, there's no doubt this is were you would choose.:teeth: Which is perfectly fine, because it is an awesome pool 4 sure.

hahaha - I gave a nod to "your" pool, too!!!

Great post question!

We have stayed in a handful of deluxe resorts, here's how I would rate them:

THE BEST

#1 Favorite - Wilderness Lodge - the section where you can rest on the ledge near the waterfall is my zen place!
#2 Favorite - Kidani Villas - Love this pool and the kids slide - also really enjoyed the splash zone near the pool, it was like a cute oasis
#3 Favorite - Bay Lake - could be bigger, but we always enjoyed our time there (although due to smaller size, gets crowded easily)
#4 Favorite - Grand Floridian - on our trip we stayed at the quiet pool right near Boca Chica and loved it

Honorable Mention

Poly - But because it is too small of a pool for the number of people at the resort, the overcrowded conditions take it out of the running for us. But when its not crowded, just love it!
Could never understand why they didn't make that pool bigger when they added the villas.

Not So Much

Beach Club - Wasn't a great fan of stormalong bay, my kids were younger at the time and enjoyed the sand bar, but was so shallow I felt I truly couldn't "swim" in the pool, also just don't love the set up with the bridges etc.
Boardwalk - Clowns creep us out - need I say more?

Great post question!

We have stayed in a handful of deluxe resorts, here's how I would rate them:

THE BEST

#1 Favorite - Wilderness Lodge - the section where you can rest on the ledge near the waterfall is my zen place!
#2 Favorite - Kidani Villas - Love this pool and the kids slide - also really enjoyed the splash zone near the pool, it was like a cute oasis
#3 Favorite - Bay Lake - could be bigger, but we always enjoyed our time there (although due to smaller size, gets crowded easily)
#4 Favorite - Grand Floridian - on our trip we stayed at the quiet pool right near Boca Chica and loved it

Honorable Mention

Poly - But because it is too small of a pool for the number of people at the resort, the overcrowded conditions take it out of the running for us. But when its not crowded, just love it!
Could never understand why they didn't make that pool bigger when they added the villas.

Not So Much

Beach Club - Wasn't a great fan of stormalong bay, my kids were younger at the time and enjoyed the sand bar, but was so shallow I felt I truly couldn't "swim" in the pool, also just don't love the set up with the bridges etc.
Boardwalk - Clowns creep us out - need I say more?

Love the Lodge. Forgot about that one.

Stormalong Bay at the Beach Club is without a doubt, my favorite. It is amazing! We spent every afternoon of our September trip at SAB. It was so relaxing.. it took a bit to find our way around since you have to walk over bridges to get to certain areas. The slide is so much fun! It is a bit of a hassle going on the slide over and over, because you have to leave the pool area to get back to it, but it is well worth it. We love the sand bottom. I wish all pools were sand bottom.

It used to be SAB, but I stayed at BCV last March and found I'm not crazy about it anymore. Favorite now is the Grotto Pool at the Swan & Dolphin.

I mean, SAB is nice, but not our favorite. We loved the courtyard pool at GF. I loved how it was in the middle of everything and you just felt like you were in a GF "bubble". It was very relaxing. :cloud9:

I grew up staying at the Beach Club, so I loved Stormalong Bay. The quicksand area was fun to play around in (I don't know if they still have that area). I loved the main slide. I could go up and down for hours. I also like the Boardwalk pool. I thought Coronado Springs was interesting with the pool and a pyramid with the slide.

Count us in the minority who didn't care for SAB. I mean, my son loved the slide, but I didn't like how it was broken up and the pool was constantly crowded and noisy (and we weren't there during a busy time). We ultimately prefer Grand Floridian and Boardwalk pools and slides.

Guess I'm the odd man out, LOL. We have stayed at all the big ones mentioned and loved the pools, but the Wilderness Lodge main pool takes it for me. I love the secluded feeling, the view of the lodge, and the waterfall area. Perfect for relaxation. (Doesn't hurt the Wilderness Lodge is my absolute favorite resort bar none).

From the resorts we stayed at, we love POR - the pool is large and surrounded by evergreens and other lush greenery, can always find a shaded lounger if need be. DS loved the slide.
We have been eyeing the SAB for a few years now though... but when we visited the Poly pool last year I thought it was super awesome. Just the vibe there.
It wasn't super crowded when we went, and the cast member let us walk around the area even though we weren't guests of the resort. We were waiting for our Ohana reservation and didn't have our suits so not like we would have jumped in.
I'm glad he let us in to see the pool/ sit pool-side because we fell in love with it and chose Poly over Beach Club this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter