Favorite places for takeout (or delivery)?

olive

DIS Veteran
We are staying in the Disney Springs area at an offsite hotel, and at an MK area hotel (Disney property). I am guessing that we may be doing more hotel room picnics during our covid trip. I assume for both hotels that if we have food delivered, we will need to meet the delivery person in the lobby, which is fine. Any favorites, especially non chains (like not Olive Garden/Applebees)? Chinese, mediterranean, Mexican, are all good. We like nearly everything, with the limiting factor being that we need to have vegetarian options, so if you happen to know specifically about places that are a good fit for that, let me know!

I’m gonna piggyback and bump this for my question.

Best offsite Orlando pizza place that delivers to resorts?

If I don't get a lot of responses, I am planning to rely on Yelp reviews and just order through doordash for whatever is in delivery range. I thought tons of people would be getting food delivered - especially these days - but maybe not.

If I don't get a lot of responses, I am planning to rely on Yelp reviews and just order through doordash for whatever is in delivery range. I thought tons of people would be getting food delivered - especially these days - but maybe not.

All the restaurants, except Disney, seem to be open and seating at all tables, from my limited observations. However, everyone is also wearing masks, it seems. I have seen quite a few people doing take-out when we've been in restaurants, not sure what is happening with delivery though. Disney Springs restaurants seem to be seating at capacity, but enforcing masks and distancing when waiting in line. Maybe enough people who are traveling have been vaccinated (as have we) and that makes them more confident in eating in restaurants? Not sure. We ate at Raglan Road last night and Miller's Ale House tonight. RR was full- we wore our masks except when eating- but it was so wonderful to see live dancing and hear live music again! Tonight Miller's was maybe at 1/4 capacity, but a lot of people were doing carry-out.

All the restaurants, except Disney, seem to be open and seating at all tables, from my limited observations. However, everyone is also wearing masks, it seems. I have seen quite a few people doing take-out when we've been in restaurants, not sure what is happening with delivery though. Disney Springs restaurants seem to be seating at capacity, but enforcing masks and distancing when waiting in line. Maybe enough people who are traveling have been vaccinated (as have we) and that makes them more confident in eating in restaurants? Not sure. We ate at Raglan Road last night and Miller's Ale House tonight. RR was full- we wore our masks except when eating- but it was so wonderful to see live dancing and hear live music again! Tonight Miller's was maybe at 1/4 capacity, but a lot of people were doing carry-out.

My husband and I will be fully vaccinated for the trip - although our kids won't be because they are too young - but we figured on some nights we would want a quicker experience than dining in. Ordering delivery for quick dinners seemed like a good choice on occasion. We are planning on dining at Disney Springs one night, and a few on site Disney restaurants (if we can get in). We will have to look up Miller's. It seems like quite a few people recommend that place!

Pizza- Flippers (multiple locations).
Asian- Sakura Asian Fusion (on 192).
Tex Mex- Chuy's (also on 192).
Bar Grub- Miller's Ale House (multiple locations), not sure if they deliver but pick up is easy and reliable.
Mediterranean- Little Greek (multiple locations).
Seafood- Celebration Town Tavern (downtown Celebration), also not sure if they deliver.

Hope this is helpful!

I usually eat at places that they don't have in my home region.

Pollo Tropical Chicken
Giordano's Pizza
Miami Grill and Subs
Portillo's (opening soon)
Ford's Garage
Gyu Kaku

Yes, I definitely prefer to try things I can't get at home. Thanks for these suggestions!

This is random and I never hear anyone bring up this place...but there is a place called Manny's Steakhouse (it's not far from Miller's Ale House). It's not fancy so don't let the word steakhouse fool you. lol

Anywhoooo, they had THE best fried mushrooms if anyone is a fan in your family. They give you a mild creamy horseradish dipping sauce and they give you lots of mushrooms. We have talked about those things ever since our last trip. lol

Miller's Ale House and Steak & Shake would be two other options.

This is random and I never hear anyone bring up this place...but there is a place called Manny's Steakhouse (it's not far from Miller's Ale House). It's not fancy so don't let the word steakhouse fool you. lol

Anywhoooo, they had THE best fried mushrooms if anyone is a fan in your family. They give you a mild creamy horseradish dipping sauce and they give you lots of mushrooms. We have talked about those things ever since our last trip. lol

Miller's Ale House and Steak & Shake would be two other options.

I LOVE fried mushrooms!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter