Favorite Bob Memory?

In the same segment as the mo-gee-tos, when he kept trying to explain the layout of Rix..."they have little sitting areas, all grouped together..."

Still just shocked and saddened.

Just reading these memories and hearing many of them in my head is simply breaking my heart.

Just today I was watching the youtube video of our Sleeping Bootie with the voice-over from the show of the crew ribbing him about taking naps and his response of "Shut up!". It was as forceful as he's ever sounded but still, it was pure Bawb.

it's so hard to think of anything specific. What come to mind is "Grimas" instead of Grinchmas. I just loved how it sound, it seemed like a better option.

Bob was one of the reasons I kept listening to the show. The Boston accent has always been so comforting to me, back from childhood, because my first favorite band was from Boston. Bob's voice was actually comforting to me in that sense. Bless you, Bawb.

I honestly cannot fathom this sadness. As many have said, it hits us all so hard to lose a friend. But he is now with all of us, even those who didn't get to meet him. When you go to a Disney park, Bob is there, napping.

I just didn't know what to do with myself, couldn't concentrate on anything on TV, so I am listening to the Jan 8th podcast, yes the Mo-jee-tos one. I wasn't sure I would be able to, but it helped a little, I couldn't help but smile a bit through my tears.

"It is healthy and honorable to weep at the loss of someone we love. Healthy because such passion must be released. Honorable because it is respectful to admit the importance of people you have loved...people whose footprints cannot ever be matched." Maya Angelou

My favorite memory comes from the first podcast I ever listened to....Dole Whips!

It was when I was listening to this podcast and hearing Bob's enthusiasm that I decided that I just HAD to try one for this first time.

I did. They are as good as you said, Bob.

I was just sitting here thinking about this very thing.

I would have to say what had me was the Dole Whip incident. Showing up with four empty cups and playing it all along like he was going to give each of them a Dole Whip was hysterical!

The Dole Whips were priceless. Classic Bob and just one more reason he will be greatly missed! My other favorite was the episode when he brought his trophy with him. Every time I listen to that episode I laugh till my sides hurt.

I really am going to miss the thought of Bob participating in the Muddy Buddy race.

And of course, the first thing I thought of was the MoJeeToes episode.

And the bathroom blog was exceptional. :goodvibes

I miss you already Bawb. The podcast will not be the same without you.

I'm listening to the 7/10/07 podcast and I love how Bawb tried to invent his own quotes:

"It's gonna be hot as ocean front property in Panama." :lmao:

I like the video of Bob sleeping in a chair. You actually think it is a still clip until his phone rings and wakes him up. I think it is called Sleeping Bootie.

DW and I just can't believe the news. We were just listening to the email show Saturday and it's unbelivable how it went from hearing Bob joking around to this. It's very sad, we were really hoping to get a chance to meet Bob on our next trip. The 'cast just will be so different without him. It's going to be tough to listen to the next time they get together. It's hard to believe he's gone.

It seems like he really enjoyed his life, working with Pete and the gang, going on cruises, being at the parks all the time and meeting all his fans. I'm glad he got the chance to enjoy himself and do what he really wanted to do.

There are just too many Bob moments to pick. But, the week Pete was out and Will was filling in, at least Bob finally had someone he could pick on! It was fun hearing him get in a few jabs on the new guy.

He's really going to be missed.

I am relatively new to the podcast, I started listening back in February. The first episode I ever listened to was the Sea World discussion where Bob was going on about the "Carpet matching the drapes". I nearly died laughing and have been hooked to the podcast ever since. He will be greatly missed :(

Mogeetoes. And anytime he got Bob fan club e-mails.
I'm also sad for what memories aren't going to happen on the cruise.

There are just too many Bob moments to pick. But, the week Pete was out and Will was filling in, at least Bob finally had someone he could pick on! It was fun hearing him get in a few jabs on the new guy.

He's really going to be missed.

I think you have a considerable point there. Do you notice how some people honestly, almost wait until they finish something in their life? Maybe that was Bob's moment there, he got to turn the tables, and his "mission" was complete...

I hate to think of it that way....but it's actually comforting that he just got that moment he's been waiting for.

I liked when he had Pete thinking (at least for a couple of minutes) that he actually had Susan Lucci's autograph.

So many funny moments...pig poop was another classic

He will be missed:sad1:

Kimba

My DD just called home from college and ask me why I was sad. I told her about Bob, and she said "Oh no! Not the cart dude!"

Bob Varley--Cart dude.

Ive listened for a long time but was just listening to old shows, and catching up since december. I had just listened to the curtains matching the drapes and the hard wood floors.:lmao: I was only a few episodes further when I heard them talking about the podcast forum and remembered that Im never on this forum. I actually wanted to join people in the Bawb fan club!

It feels a little like fate made me come to this forum today randomly. Needless to say I was distraught earlier and cant even listen anymore.

I think my favorite Bob moment was the dole whips! or all the poop references. But there are so many great moments...its really hard to choose one. Like the star wars weekend video with the stormtrooper. Oh...Java the hut!

I love to listen to the "Bawb-isms" on the show - they are usually what gets me to laugh out loud when I'm on the bus listening on my ipod. He would be getting picked on for whatever he had just said and would just keep on going - "yah whatever". Always a good sport!

I finally got to meet Bob briefly in person on our trip last month - saw Kahtcam at Epcot on opening day of Flower & Garden Festival. Just a really nice guy.

He will be greatly missed by family, friends, the DIS, the Podcast fans and Dreams Unlimited!!

:sad:

Bob was so good @ taking the good natured Ribbing he recieved from his fellow podsquad members, and il always remember that about him. His quotes were great, and his whole personality. This is a sad sad day for the DIS community.

My lasting memories will be of empty dole whip containers, mo-jee-toes, Dianer (just like my Dad talks) and the great joy he seemed to find in the WildeOscar hunt. I think the thing is that he just seemed to find great joy in everything.

My daughter and I just finished the e-mail show on the way home tonight. It seems like he was 'just with us.'

--Daneen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter