Favorite Bob Memory?

Every Bawb moment was a special moment. He read my email about golf and said to contact him the next time we would be in town and we would go for a round. My husband and I were so excited and couldn't wait to finally meet Bawb. I was so excited i called my husband at his work. We would listen to the podcast every week and Bawb would bring lots of joy and laughs to our lives. We will miss him. Should we ever get a chance to golf at Disney we will be thinking of and missing Bawb! :sad1:

MY FAVORITE MOMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:

OKLAHOMER-STILL CRACK UP AT THAT ONE

MO-GEE-TO'S:lmao:

THE DOLE WHIP HEIST:rotfl2:

THE PODCAST FROM JULY THAT PETE HAD TO TAKE OFF. THE COSTAGUATEMEXIRICO WITH THE F15'S.....ANYBODY WHO HEARD THE ORIGINAL WILL KNOW.

PETE ON THE LAST AND IN MEMORY OF BOB.....PLEASE ALLOW THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER HEARD IT TO ENJOY IT AND POST IT AND MANY OTHER OF HIS SEGMENTS AS A BEST OF BOB SERIES. THAT WOULD BE A FITTING TRIBUTE TO THE MAN AND HIS BOOT. WE LOVE YOU BOB.....FOREVER:hug:

I listened to a few old 'casts at work today. If you want to hear Pete say some great things about Bob, pop in the 10th anniversary show Podcast from June. It was nice hearing all the great things Pete had to say about him and what a great freind Bob is.
Also, listened to Part 2 of the best of the DIS. Had the Dole Whips, Star Wars weekend and Bobs review of the family magic tour. Does anyone remember Bob and the Dixie Butt?

Several months ago, when I added a single day at the beginning of my (now over) Disney trip, I needed some advice on a cheap off-site hotel for a single night. Thinking I'd check Dreams Unlimited Travel, I found a phone number to call regarding exactly that. To my surprise, it was Bob--THE Bob-- who answered the phone. He explained that he was actually on a golf course at the time, working on his "Send Bob to the Parks" segment on area golfing. Nonetheless, he gave me a phone number to call, and the name of a person to talk with, and asked that I call him back later in the day to let him know how it went.

I ultimately left a message and got a call back not long after. After explaining that the first option wouldn't work, he offered several more, and talked with me a bit about driving directions from each property, and recommended hitting Earl of Sandwich if I stayed in a property close to Downtown Disney. When I thanked him, he asked "Wait! You're not going to ask about how golf went?"

This led to the most enjoyable hour long phone conversation I've ever had, about a sport I don't play, with a friend I'd never met. I learned the rules and nuances of Bob golf, as well as details on the best and worst courses in the area, costs, and just about everything else I would ever need to know. I'll forever remember that great memory of Bob.

I have to say one of my favortie Bawb things was how everyone on this board stood up for him.... I loved all of his quirky ways that everyone picked on and the way this board embraced him. Being from right outside of Boston I felt conneced to Bawb like a neighbor and cannot belive this sad new....

One of my favorite memories was his blog and video of the night space shuttle launch...

He would have made a great president!!!

Me too. We loved this man and we did not want anyone ..even his dear friends teasing him!!!! He was so good natured.

The space shuttle launch was one of my favorites. Picturing him getting ready to defend his spot was just the best visual.... oh I just am sick, and sad and I just keep waiting and wishing the Podcast crew would say this has been a cruel joke. Our Bawb can't really be gone can he? This funny, kind delightful man who makes me laugh every week. This man who loves the topiaries, who power naps anywhere, who delights my son by showing him Star Wars weekend when he can't be there himself, this man.....He can't be gone.

And yet he is....

This led to the most enjoyable hour long phone conversation I've ever had, about a sport I don't play, with a friend I'd never met. I learned the rules and nuances of Bob golf, as well as details on the best and worst courses in the area, costs, and just about everything else I would ever need to know. I'll forever remember that great memory of Bob.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: ...:sad1:

What a great story. Thank you for sharing.

I am not sure if anyone has posted this yet there are a lot of posts to go through!!

today I went to HIGHLIGHT some thing and as soon as I picked up the highlighter I remembered the Email show where BOB was reading an email and said he had only highlighted the important parts and I believe julie pointed out he had highlighted EVERYTHING on the page!:rotfl:

we love you bob!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!