Favorite Advent Calendars??

*pixie*

DIS Veteran
It seems like the various Advent Calendars are going to be a big thing this year, and I'm ready to jump on board. Pretty sure I'm going to order the Vinebox Wine one for DH and myself, unless I can find something better. Also need three other ones for DD20, DS17, and DD's boyfriend 19. The 19 and 20-year-old are both away at college and I think they will love this, especially those first couple week in December before they come home for break. I've seen a lot of beauty ones that would work great for DD, but am struggling for the boys!

What are everyone's favorite Advent Calendars so far??

I didn’t think of beauty advent calendars. I just looked an Sephora has one. I I’ll have to see if there are others.

It seems like the various Advent Calendars are going to be a big thing this year, and I'm ready to jump on board. Pretty sure I'm going to order the Vinebox Wine one for DH and myself, unless I can find something better. Also need three other ones for DD20, DS17, and DD's boyfriend 19. The 19 and 20-year-old are both away at college and I think they will love this, especially those first couple week in December before they come home for break. I've seen a lot of beauty ones that would work great for DD, but am struggling for the boys!

What are everyone's favorite Advent Calendars so far??

I read on another thread recently that Lindt Chocolates makes an advent calendar. I plan on sending one to my DS19 and to his college roommate at the end of November.

Ever since my kids were little, my MIL has gotten all of them, plus her other 4 granchildren, Advent calendars that our local grocery store carries every year. They cost a whopping $1.99!!! Behind each door is a little chocolate piece shaped like a stocking or snowman or something. It's obviously not the best chocolate in the world, but even my 23 year old DD's still love getting them!!!

I read on another thread recently that Lindt Chocolates makes an advent calendar. I plan on sending one to my DS19 and to his college roommate at the end of November.

I bought this last year and DD love it. There is a cheaper version that is same chocolate day after day. The more expensive one has a different chocolate every day and that is the one I got. She really liked it. MAdeline on amazon makes a decent one but Lindt better. They have free ship on BF sign up to be notified at lindt

I bought this last year and DD love it. There is a cheaper version that is same chocolate day after day. The more expensive one has a different chocolate every day and that is the one I got. She really liked it. MAdeline on amazon makes a decent one but Lindt better. They have free ship on BF sign up to be notified at lindt

Thank you for the tip! I will definitely do that!

Why are the Advent Calendars that I find that are absolutely perfect all located in the UK??? The wine one from Aldi and cheese one look awesome! It's probably not realistic for DH and I to split the VineBox one, as each day is a single glass. I did find boozebud.com, which has one with 25 craft beers for $99, that I think DH would like. For DD, I'm leaning towards The Body Shop one, which is $55. I found beef jerky ones at mancrates.com that would be great for the boys, but I'm trying to decide how "adult" the actual calendars are, lol. I still want the VineBox one for myself:rolleyes:. Then I realize I'm looking at almost $400 for Advent Calendars and can't believe I'm seriously considering it!

Why are the Advent Calendars that I find that are absolutely perfect all located in the UK??? The wine one from Aldi and cheese one look awesome! It's probably not realistic for DH and I to split the VineBox one, as each day is a single glass. I did find boozebud.com, which has one with 25 craft beers for $99, that I think DH would like. For DD, I'm leaning towards The Body Shop one, which is $55. I found beef jerky ones at mancrates.com that would be great for the boys, but I'm trying to decide how "adult" the actual calendars are, lol. I still want the VineBox one for myself:rolleyes:. Then I realize I'm looking at almost $400 for Advent Calendars and can't believe I'm seriously considering it!

I know I found a great list of them online but all UK? I found the 140.00 chocolate one with a coupon...I briefly entertained it and said no I am crazy...Last year the fortune cookie soap company had a harry potter one - very cute....https://www.fortunecookiesoap.com/pages/magical-suitcase-12-days-of-christmas-box
I can't tell if it is backor not this year Full size products.

Vinebox isn't even a single glass if you look at the reviews and youtube video. It's less than what most people would call a normal glass. I ordered it for my niece. It's not even a calendar, just a box of 12 tubes of wine.

I found a great NHL Hockey Advent calendar for my son but it was in Canada and has been discontinued.

Yea, funny how the $1.99 advent calendars are being replaced with versions that are all $45, $115, or higher.

Yea, funny how the $1.99 advent calendars are being replaced with versions that are all $45, $115, or higher.

True. We got the Tsum Tsum one last year for around $20 and the kids loved it. But my daughter also still enjoyed the paper one with religious pictures -- certainly more in the spirit of Advent than chocolate. I'm certainly not saying "no" to the fun one (got a new Tsum Tsum one at Costco already) but I'll also be sure to buy the religious one at church when they sell them after Mass again.

$25 total for two kids is something I can handle for a month of fun and anticipation. $100? That's a large Christmas present cost. Hmm... new bike under the tree, or Advent calendar?

We're also looking forward to St. Nicholas Day (December 6) to see what comes in our shoes. My parents provide those and wrap them up so it's even a surprise for me! Imagine that, a Christmas surprise for Mom! Normally it's Christmas-themed items to enjoy through the season, like cookie cutters or a Christmas DVD or Christmas socks (that I'm sure my mom picked up the prior year on after-season clearance). In our house, that's a fun tradition!

I bought the Lego Star Wars for my Great Nephew 6, the VTech Go!Go! SmartWheels from my Great Nephew 1.5 and the Bonne Maman Jam/Jelly/Preserves for my DH.

My kids used to love the Star Wars Advents, or my DH and I used to create our own. We had a beautiful wooden house shape with 24 doors that opened. They were too small for more than a folded up dollar bill, a gold dollar, a small piece of candy, etc. If the items were too large, i.e. bottle of soda, flarp, we would put a note in the slot and they had to find the gift. Those were a lot of fun, but took a lot of thought and work.

I just bought a "Brewer's Advent calendar" at Costco - it is 24 cans of different German beers. It was $59.99 I believe. I am going to give it to my son in law for his birthday in November so he can enjoy it in December.

I remember when Advent calendars just had pictures behind the doors!

Vinebox isn't even a single glass if you look at the reviews and youtube video. It's less than what most people would call a normal glass. I ordered it for my niece. It's not even a calendar, just a box of 12 tubes of wine.

$25 total for two kids is something I can handle for a month of fun and anticipation. $100? That's a large Christmas present cost. Hmm... new bike under the tree, or Advent calendar?

These are excellent points. Vinebox really is just a "taste", and yes, it is the price of a large Christmas gift. I think it's officially off my list of possibilities.

I just bought a "Brewer's Advent calendar" at Costco - it is 24 cans of different German beers. It was $59.99 I believe. I am going to give it to my son in law for his birthday in November so he can enjoy it in December.

I'm going to have to look for this! Where in Costco did you find it?

I just ordered 5 Cadbury hero calendars from Amazon for $15.50 each, I checked out the wine box for dd21, yikes, I could buy her cases of wine for that $! Thanks for the reminder, I’m always late end end up buying the ones with the cruddy chocolate.

I’ve made my own Advent Calendars several times. (It never works out to be inexpensive but it’s fun to really personalize them!)
I’ve most often made them using the wedding favor boxes that they sell at Hobby Lobby. I number the tops and then glue them together in a square or in the shape of a Christmas tree.
The past few years, my daughter and I have made a calendar for my parents. We put silly little things in some boxes and then gift cards or other cute things in others. They really enjoy it and we like making it for them! I threw away the boxes that we used last year and I think this year I’m goning to go with 25 lunch bags. This will give us more options for larger items. It’s hard to find enough tiny items for the boxes!

I made one for my mom a few years ago. AC Moore has wooden trees with 24 little drawers. I had my kids paint it and every year we fill the drawers and give it to her at Thanksgiving. I'll admit that it is a struggle sometimes to find stuff for in the drawers but I like the more personal aspect.

Last year I bought a beauty one from QVC for my DD. It was fun for her to get a new product everyday. I can't remember how much it was exactly. I think $60?? Not sure if they have it again this year, but if interested you might want to check. It also came in a large storage box that she still uses.

My Grandfather was a milkman in Baltimore and he delivered to a German bakery and every year he would buy us the Advent calendars with the chocolate inside. It was seriously the highlight of the season for me. I loved that the 25th was always a big Santa right in the middle. They are still my favorite to this day. I did buy them for my son when he was little. Then we moved on to the Lego Advent Calendar. And this year he will be 18. :sad:

I make a "beervent" calendar for my husband. He is a big craft beer guy (snob):drinking1 so I started a few years ago wrapping up 24 bottles of beer and then put the last one under the tree. He LOVES it. My brother was super jealous of it, but I could not afford to do that for him, so he gets the 12 days of Christmas and has to suffer through watching his unopened bottles next to my husband's display. He lives in the same development as us, so he will stop in every day to see what my husband got while trying to sneak a peek at his :tiptoe:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!