Fave restaurants for kids?

scorpioears

Earning My Ears
What are your fave restaurants for your kiddos in each park? I have two boys a five-year-old and a three-year-old. August will be their first going to Disney world.

So far, our list is Chef mickey, Woody's round up BBQ, possibly be our guest (my boys like the princesses too). And our first night there maybe rainforest cafe in Disney Springs.

Anything else you feel is a must for kids? Again, my kids like the girl stuff too.

Thanks!

TRex (not in a park though) in DS is a big hit with my son. All my kids have also always loved Sci Fi in HS. And pretty much any character meal, but we like Garden Grill in Epcot because you can see Living with the land ride and there’s lots of character interaction.

Cinderella's Royal Table, Tusker House in parks. Non-park included Chef Mickey's and Cape May Cafe all come to mind. Still awaiting reopening of 1900 Park Fare, which was also a fave.

TRex (not in a park though) in DS is a big hit with my son. All my kids have also always loved Sci Fi in HS. And pretty much any character meal, but we like Garden Grill in Epcot because you can see Living with the land ride and there’s lots of character interaction.
iIhave heard of the TRex one! My kids love dinosaurs, but they also love animals lol tough decision! Maybe I'll ask them which they'd rather eat at for our DS night.

possibly be our guest (my boys like the princesses too)

Just making sure you know that Be Our Guest doesn't actually have any princesses. It's not technically a character meal. Beast walks through the room but doesn't stop for pictures.

Just making sure you know that Be Our Guest doesn't actually have any princesses. It's not technically a character meal. Beast walks through the room but doesn't stop for pictures.
Yes i did know that lol they do like the beast also. just not sure that expensive dinner is worth just seeing the Beast......

We love Garden Grill in Epcot. The character interaction is so much fun and my kids love that the restaurant rotates.

We also love Ohana's- characters for breakfast and fun entertainment for dinner.

Garden Grill was a favorite for my boys on our last trip. We saw the characters each about 3 times, they liked the changing scenes with the rotation, and everyone enjoyed the food.

Roundup BBQ was good. Theming was incredible and food was delicious and plentiful. It was too long for us though. The meal was almost 2 hours and my almost 3yo can't sit for that long.

We really like 'Ohana breakfast. Food is standard but good.

They like the characters at Tusker House, but don't love the current food options. (Family style was better for us.)

Topolino's breakfast wasn't for us. We had a bad experience, but it seems like it's not typical as others love it.

Garden Grill was a favorite for my boys on our last trip. We saw the characters each about 3 times, they liked the changing scenes with the rotation, and everyone enjoyed the food.

Roundup BBQ was good. Theming was incredible and food was delicious and plentiful. It was too long for us though. The meal was almost 2 hours and my almost 3yo can't sit for that long.

We really like 'Ohana breakfast. Food is standard but good.

They like the characters at Tusker House, but don't love the current food options. (Family style was better for us.)

Topolino's breakfast wasn't for us. We had a bad experience, but it seems like it's not typical as others love it.
May I ask what didn’t go as expected at Topolinos? Was the food not up to par or limited character interaction? You don’t have to go
Into detail but what aspect was a let down?

Just a heads up about B & B at breakfast--it does NOT have Mickey waffles. And since we ate there our last day at the parks, by then our 2- & 5-year-olds were great fans of the waffles...and we nearly had a meltdown. Luckily they loved the rose dropping its petals as a distraction. Also a QS recommendation for AK--Yak & Yeti has outdoor seating with a view of the Asian wildlife up in the trees. Peaceful and they have kid-friendly options like pancake & sausage on a stick at breakfast and chicken fried rice (plenty big to share) later on. Quiet break spot.

May I ask what didn’t go as expected at Topolinos? Was the food not up to par or limited character interaction? You don’t have to go
Into detail but what aspect was a let down?
Short answer, we were all still hungry after the meal and the characters basically stopped, waved, and left. Characters felt really rushed.

Longer answer, 2 out of the 4 of us have a soy allergy and we were told when we got there that they didn't have options to accommodate the allergy. I found out later that the chef was wrong and the products they had were soy free. So we paid $$$ for servings of fruit that were literally half a strawberry and a few blueberries. When I complained to guest services they said, "sorry to hear that, we'll let the team lead know." We immediately went to DHS to get food from a QS location. Even the non-allergy people weren't satisfied.

But we seem to be an outlier, it gets glowing reviews from most.

Short answer, we were all still hungry after the meal and the characters basically stopped, waved, and left. Characters felt really rushed.

Longer answer, 2 out of the 4 of us have a soy allergy and we were told when we got there that they didn't have options to accommodate the allergy. I found out later that the chef was wrong and the products they had were soy free. So we paid $$$ for servings of fruit that were literally half a strawberry and a few blueberries. When I complained to guest services they said, "sorry to hear that, we'll let the team lead know." We immediately went to DHS to get food from a QS location. Even the non-allergy people weren't satisfied.

But we seem to be an outlier, it gets glowing reviews from most.
I appreciate the information. I have heard great things as well that is why I wanted to hear your perspective to give me a balanced vantage point. We have reservations in the next few weeks and wanted your insight too. Thanks for sharing!

My 5 year old's 2 favorite meals are 'Ohana breakfast (at Poly) and Crystal Palace breakfast (in MK). He loved the food, decor, and character interaction in both restaurants. One of my favorite meals is a lunch at Garden Grill in EPCOT. My 5 year old loved this meal because the character interaction was wonderful and he loved that it was spinning (slowly). However, he didn't eat much here (we had much more success at 'Ohana and CP).

Character meals: Cape May breakfast at Beach Club, Ohana breakfast at Poly, Crystal Palace in MK. We loved Akershus, but it was several years ago and I don’t know if it’s the same since it reopened.

Non-character: Via Napoli in Epcot, Beaches and Cream at Beach Club, Mama Melrose and Primetime in HS.

What are your fave restaurants for your kiddos in each park? I have two boys a five-year-old and a three-year-old. August will be their first going to Disney world.

So far, our list is Chef mickey, Woody's round up BBQ, possibly be our guest (my boys like the princesses too). And our first night there maybe rainforest cafe in Disney Springs.

Anything else you feel is a must for kids? Again, my kids like the girl stuff too.

Thanks!
We would do one character meal for the trip-typically Crystal Palace cuz we all love Pooh and friends. The kids had zero interest in sitting for an hour-hour and half and much preferred walking or strollering around rhe parks. Other meals, the kids would share our QS meals, snacks when they needed and bkfst usually quick and in the room while we all were getting ready. Always worked great for us.🌺

In August, for QS meals, mobile order and air conditioning will be your friend when you aren’t doing a TS.
AK, Tusker House is great. Satuli Canteen has indoor and shaded seating. Yak & Yeti QS is great, and Harambe QS is overlooked and also good. Flame Tree has shaded patio seating. In AK, if eating QS, pick the one near where you will be at the time, as walking long distances to backtrack is brutal in the sun.

HS, in addition to roundup rodeo, Backlot Express and ABC Commissary have indoor air conditioning.

Epcot, my kids have loved coral reef since they were littles, now adults! Also San Angel inside the pyramid by the river. QS regal eagle is nothing to write home about but air conditioning and mobile order.

MK Crystal Palace, and Liberty Tree tavern. If 2 MK days take boat to Wilderness Lodge for Whispering Canyon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter