Fat Smash, anyone?

kasar

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone's tried the new Fat Smash book by Dr. Ian Smith (Celebrity Fit Club).

I just don't want to buy yet another diet book unless I find some good reviews. Borders reviews were mostly good but I trust you guys much more! :sunny:

Thanks.

I've been following it since February (well, with the exception of the last few weeks while we were on vacation) and I really love it. I've lost 20 pounds without feeling overly deprived or stressed out. I actually am feeling great overall!

For some time now I've needed to lose weight and wanted lose weight and knew I'd have to change my eating habits & exercise to do that, but I needed guidance. That being said, I'm NOT one of those people who responds well or works well within overly complex diet plans or plans that are very labor intensive in terms of keeping diaries, tracking calories/points, etc. :)

I found this book to be the perfect balance for me. Enough specific information to get me on the right track and help me maintain that, but a plan that is so simple it's a complete no brainer. The book is quite small (about 1/4" thick) so it sticks to the facts & some recipes, without overwhelming amounts of unnecessary info and it's very easy to find items you want to refer back to while implementing the plan.

The plan starts with a week of going "cold turkey" on all the bad foods (junk food, starches, etc.) and then gradually adding selected ones back into your diet in more moderate portions over the following weeks (broken into phases of varying weeks in length). Of course, exercise is key as well and he gives lots of examples of how you can work that into your daily life.

In addition to continuing to lose weight, I really am happy because I feel like I've finally successfully changed my ways so that I now eat well intuitively, without feeling any undue stress or wild deprivation.

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has on this. I really recommend it!

This is an old post, but oh well. I bought the Fat Smash book today, after seeing it on the View yesterday. (Yes, I only tuned into the View, to see the Melodrama about Star.) But, anyways, I hope to start next Wednesday, and to slowly start exercising. Had surgery last week, so have to start exercise slowly, but there is no reason that I can't eat healthy. Maybe I'll look for a "Fat Smash" buddy.

Just bought the booklast night.

Can anybody tell me how you got through Phase 1???

I am optimistic about the program as a whole but feel I need to get in the right mindset for Phase 1.

How did you make out?

I have to say, after looking over the book all weekdend, that I might return it. What can you eat for Phase 1? What about dinner? I guess it's only 9 days and I'll just cook separate things for the rest of my family, but I don't like how there are no suggested meals for each day, like in other books. I also have the Sonoma Diet and that seems a little bit more realistic!

I know this is an old post... but I'm giving the Fat Smash diet a try... just started this morning! Wish me luck!

Any advice out there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter