Fastpasses for Splash Mountain

armie702

Earning My Ears
I am visiting WDW in mid June when I assume it will be very crowded. I have the unofficial guide and plan on following it at least early in the day. They recommend seeing several attractions before heading over to Splash Mountain for Fast Passes. Anyway, with large crowds what time do fastpasses usually run out for rides like Splash Mountain? And is it a good idea to put off Splash mountain until mid morning like the touring plan says?

First, welcome to the DIS!!!!

As for Splash Mountain-- even on a very, very busy day the FP's wouldn't most likely run out before noon. I always wait until later in the day to head over to Frontierland. It 8 out of 10 times works for me. I usually hit it up right near the end of the day. I think starting there would work too. I guess I just wouldn't attempt to go smack dab middle of the afternoon w/o a FP if it's peak season.

If you have small children, go past Main street as quick as possible, head straight for Pooh, Dumbo and Peter Pan. These fill up fast. Then do small world, philharmagic and then head over to splash. Ride splash, Big Thunder and then go to Space and get a FP and ride Buzz. When you get off of Buzz ride the TTA and Carousel of Progress you should then be able to ride Space and get another FP. This has always been our plan and we have never stood in line even on a busy Thanksgiving week. Dont worry about feeling like you are rushing. You are. But when you get these rides over you can then slow down get fast passes for them again later if you want. And enjoy the shows and parades. Dont forget Main Street Bakery for dessert and the Plaza res. for lunch or dinner. yumyum! ::MickeyMo

Hey, thanks for the help. That makes me feel better. No children, just me and my wife on our honeymoon. She has never been to WDW and I haven't been in a while, so I just wanted to make sure we are not making a major mistake by putting off getting fastpasses for big rides until mid morning. We are planning on riding rides in Fantasyland. I was thinking Space and Buzz, then Fantasyland (Pooh, Peter Pan, It's a Small World). Then over to Haunted Mansion. Then get FPs for Splash Mountain and ride Thunder Mountain. Anyway, that's what the Unoffical Guide says and their touring plans have worked for me in the past. So I hope it works this time. What do you think?

armie702 said:
Hey, thanks for the help. That makes me feel better. No children, just me and my wife on our honeymoon. She has never been to WDW and I haven't been in a while, so I just wanted to make sure we are not making a major mistake by putting off getting fastpasses for big rides until mid morning. We are planning on riding rides in Fantasyland. I was thinking Space and Buzz, then Fantasyland (Pooh, Peter Pan, It's a Small World). Then over to Haunted Mansion. Then get FPs for Splash Mountain and ride Thunder Mountain. Anyway, that's what the Unoffical Guide says and their touring plans have worked for me in the past. So I hope it works this time. What do you think?

IMHO I would do the Fantasyland rides first then head to Tommorrowland .. Being at the "center" of the park and right through the castle, people with no real game plan and late arrivers to park tend to migrate there and make it very busy within an hour of park opening

Hi Armie702,

Thanks for reading the Unofficial Guide. Since I've been involved with the Guide, I've never heard from anyone who's followed the plan and not been able to get FASTPASSes for Splash Mountain, even during peak season. Those plans are used by thousands of people each month, and we do field testing on a regular basis to make sure they still work. I think you'll be fine.

Kilee's advice to head back to Frontierland later in the day (for a second ride, in your case is also good. I think the waits in the hour before closing should be very manageable, and both Splash and Big Thunder are great nighttime attractions.

Thanks again for reading the book.

Sincerely,

Len Testa

Just don't wait too long for those FastPasses, or you may find yourself there at 10pm waiting to ride. I would go quickly to Space Mt., that seems to fill up quickly. Pooh Ride is also popular, along with Philharmagic.

It helps to send one family member over to get fast passes for something early, because the sooner you get one fast pass, the sooner you will be able to get a second fast pass, for something else. (Maximum time 'til next fast pass has been 2 hrs. 5 min.)

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/fastpass.htm

It helps to send one family member over to get fast passes for something early,

Yes, and I advise extra snacks for this person, to keep their energy levels up. Trust me, I'm a professional. ;)

Len

We were still able to get Fast Passes around 1 p.m. this past Saturday. Keep in mind that this was Memorial Weekend, and all hotels within 20 minutes of WDW were completely booked!! Of course, MK grew so uncomfortably packed with people around this time that we gave up and went back to our resort to swim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter