Fastpass return or replacement?

Well and the big news on Vaccinations for employees is definitely controversial news late Friday to lower blowback. Sandwhich it with Extended Hours news.

it is 4:45 p.m. Eastern standard Time. Doesn't look like we're going to get any information on fast passes today.

Well there goes my guess for notification date. I really thought there was a good chance for today. Unfortunate part is that can't be a good sign.
Oh well.... back to the waiting game :bored:

Well so far today I’ve seen:
  • Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser info and opening timeline
  • International Friendship Day and the announcement of more Magic Makers
  • Cast Previews for Remy’s Rataouille Adventure coming soon (via the official WDW Cast Member Facebook Page)
  • Food & Wine Festival Merchandise
Fingers crossed that we get a 4pm or 5pm announcement of some kind. Deluxe extra magic time? More restaurant reopenings? FastPass? Character Greetings? Anything….? Please ::yes::
First Extended Evening Hours dates have been announced:

Monday October 4 - EPCOT 10pm to midnight
Wednesday October 6 - Magic Kingdom 9pm to 11pm
Monday October 11 - EPCOT 10pm to midnight
Wednesday October 13 0 Magic Kingdom 9pm to 11pm

So, 2 hours for a couple of days a week.

First Extended Evening Hours dates have been announced:

Monday October 4 - EPCOT 10pm to midnight
Wednesday October 6 - Magic Kingdom 9pm to 11pm
Monday October 11 - EPCOT 10pm to midnight
Wednesday October 13 0 Magic Kingdom 9pm to 11pm

So, 2 hours for a couple of days a week.
...and no mention of Hollywood Studios.

Tomorrow is 60 days to Oct 1. I think this cinches it that we will not be getting back the regular Fastpass+ in time for the 50th anniversary date.
To me it means that what they'll be bringing back does not need 60 days ahead of time to make the reservations. It could be a paid Fastpass that you can buy or Wishes you use via the Genie app the day of. In this case, I do NOT think Oct 1 will be the first day it is brought into use. There is no way they want the technical rollout on a day that big.

I can’t imagine we will see any FP news until after they have enough staff to run it…and now that means vaccinated staff…I feel like the covid situation in Florida and the staffing issues will need to be much more stable before they do offer FP. Stand By only keeps disney in the drivers seat without having to handle a lot of accommodations if capacity restrictions have to go back into place etc.

I do wish they maintained lower park capacities while they were short staffed.

I have been a Disney Uber Planner for at least 15 years now - and I advocate to anyone going that they should as well to make the most of their experience. BUT- Our April 2021 trip was pretty dreamy and I think that the lines moving and not having to spend all of my”free” time as a FP Super User was great…

I can’t imagine we will see any FP news until after they have enough staff to run it…and now that means vaccinated staff…I feel like the covid situation in Florida and the staffing issues will need to be much more stable before they do offer FP.

I think the staffing shortage will resolve its self over the next couple months as the enhanced unemployment ended in Florida just a little over a month ago. People will need to get back to work to provide for themselves in the near future.

I hope it doesn't go this way but I have a bad feeling it's going to be 3 free fastpasses and then pay for each additional after.

I thought about this too, but I started to wonder....would:
(a) the FP lines be super long if they kept the current system AND added capacity for paid FP? Or
(b) they offer less free FP?

(a) the FP lines be super long if they kept the current system AND added capacity for paid FP? Or
I agree with point (a) - pre-COVID the majority of fp left after the first 3 were pretty crappy ones no one would pay for (yes I know you can refresh and find better ones but I’m just talking what typically shows up with no effort). So that would mean they would have to decrease some capacity on the free ones initially - which would make sdd or fop even harder to get for free. Unless they modify the process to exclude certain ones from free pool (cue online rioting)! This all assumes fp’s are still being reserved in advance at all which we don’t know. I dunno so many variables!!! That’s why they just need to tell us already lol!

I agree with point (a) - pre-COVID the majority of fp left after the first 3 were pretty crappy ones no one would pay for (yes I know you can refresh and find better ones but I’m just talking what typically shows up with no effort). So that would mean they would have to decrease some capacity on the free ones initially - which would make sdd or fop even harder to get for free. Unless they modify the process to exclude certain ones from free pool (cue online rioting)! This all assumes fp’s are still being reserved in advance at all which we don’t know. I dunno so many variables!!! That’s why they just need to tell us already lol!

Heck - with the tiered system, you could really only get 1 Epcot FP that would be worth paying for.

I am thinking B. There also will be a little reduction from a lower demand on FP 4+. My gut says offsite will not get 3 free, but no real data behind that guess.

I was somewhat optimistic (apparently overly so) that we would have heard something by now. Now that we are 60-days until the 50th, I have pretty much given up hope that there will be any form of FP for our upcoming trip (starting 8/15). I just think there is too much going on right now with Disney to implement a major change.

I think the staffing shortage will resolve its self over the next couple months as the enhanced unemployment ended in Florida just a little over a month ago. People will need to get back to work to provide for themselves in the near future.
Though that has no effect on staffing and work availability. Offering above bottom of the barrel wages helps, ask Universal. Not easy to rapidly hire back all the tens of thousands back and expect them to be willing to work for peanuts when kicked to the curb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter