FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
We plan to watch the 4:45pm Indy Show and then watch the 5:30pm Frozen show. We have a FP for Frozen but it's from 5:00pm - 5:15pm. I think the Indy Show ends at 5:15pm and then we need to get over to Frozen. If we show up after 5:15pm will our FP no longer work even though the show is not until 5:30pm?
You'll just be let in with everyone else. Though last time we had a FP for Frozen, there wa no designated seating area, and we weren't even allowed in first (everyone just crowds together outside the doors), so no value to the FP really, unless something has changed.

No, I just nervously waited until we used our first day of FP in December to add DH and me to their January 1 FP and then one more day to add us to their Jan. 2. Fortunately we weren't trying for FEA or SDMT either day, so no problems there!
Thanks! It sounds like you had just those 10 (becoming 12) park days total then, with a handful of non-park days. Ten (becoming 12) was what I had figured until you explained how long your trips were, so I started wondering if you were in fact able to retain more FPs than I had understood. Thanks again for all of your help with this!

This thread is so well organized and written! thank you for compiling all of the information. I see in the opening you mention "- If a FP return window has passed without being used, that FP can be rescheduled to later in the day (subject to availability)." Which is how it worked for us in 2015. Can you please confirm this is still correct? I read somewhere else that now if you don't use a FP within the window & grace period...you lose it and cannot remake it into another FP. Thanks for verifying!!

This thread is so well organized and written! thank you for compiling all of the information. I see in the opening you mention "- If a FP return window has passed without being used, that FP can be rescheduled to later in the day (subject to availability)." Which is how it worked for us in 2015. Can you please confirm this is still correct? I read somewhere else that now if you don't use a FP within the window & grace period...you lose it and cannot remake it into another FP. Thanks for verifying!!
It can still be rescheduled, subject to availability.

If a ride is down, for example FEA, I know an anytime FP will be automatically given; but, will that prevent you from making a 4th FP for another ride while you are waiting for FEA (or whatever) to open back up? I know there are other rides the anytime FP can be used for, but I wouldn't want to give up a hard to get FP like FEA or 7DMT etc. I hope this makes sense. Thanks!

Question: sooo FPs can NOT be used during EMHs, correct? I'm confused because my 60 day window finally opened, and in tandem EMHs were finally extended on one of the days that I am trying to squeeze in 3 FPs to an evening but can't, do to a 10pm cut off (even though park is open til 12) But I thought I remember reading that people used to get updates saying that their FP windows had been extended..is that just when regular hours get extended?SO sorry if this is confusing :hyper2:

My booking window opens tomorrow. I have dining for VIP shows for Fantasmic and ROL. Looking at the hours as they are posted right now, do they change the times of the shows? I don't want to overlap and miss either attraction because they decide in May to switch up times or something.. Thanks!

Also, will I be able to make the fp selections for my DS and family even though I'm not going? They are linked to my MDE. I read the front page, but it says with a ticket. They have tickets but I don't.

What is the benefit of choosing 3 fps? On our Epcot day, I can use 2 but don't really think it's necessary for the 3rd. Should I just take one anyway? If I leave 1 slot empty, is it easy to go back later and pick up a 3rd selection, or is it easier to modify?

My booking window opens tomorrow. I have dining for VIP shows for Fantasmic and ROL. Looking at the hours as they are posted right now, do they change the times of the shows? I don't want to overlap and miss either attraction because they decide in May to switch up times or something.. Thanks!
It is very unlikely the posted showtimes will change. If anything, a second show may be added.

Can someone help clarify and tell me my fp+ selection date?

I check in 7/2.
Disney CM told me when I booked my reservation months ago that my FP+ date was 4/26, thats clearly wrong.
Some stuff I read states you can book FP+ "AT" the 60 day mark and some says 60 days "PRIOR".

"AT" 60 days is 5/3, 60 days "PRIOR" is 5/2 (at least how I interpret it, i.e. not counting the actual day of 7/2)

Please help me understand and know my correct fp+ selection date for a 7/2 check in, THANKS

Last edited:

I check in 7/2.
Disney CM told me when I booked my reservation months ago that my FP+ date was 4/26, thats clearly wrong.
Some stuff I read states you can book FP+ "AT" the 60 day mark and some says 60 days "PRIOR".

"AT" 60 days is 5/3, 60 days "PRIOR" is 5/2 (at least how I interpret it, i.e. not counting the actual day of 7/2)

Please help me understand and know my correct fp+ selection date for a 7/2 check in, THANKS
It's Wednesday, May 3rd.

I check in 7/2.

I use this:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/fastpass_plus_calculator.php

It says May 3 like hiro said. :)

:wizard:

I have 2 tickets, 10 day no hop, and 8 day no hop, in my name. I wanted to see if I could get FP's for both of them. I could only get FPs for 10 days, starting tomorrow.

Is it possible to get FP's for both tickets when my time window opens up?

Thanks

so does the FP system care who actually shows up at the ride? Or only a body? I have a family of 5, and some may or may not want to go on a particular ride. Can I just replace that individual with another family member? They don't actually check the names originally booked do they?

I have 2 tickets, 10 day no hop, and 8 day no hop, in my name. I wanted to see if I could get FP's for both of them. I could only get FPs for 10 days, starting tomorrow.

Is it possible to get FP's for both tickets when my time window opens up?

Thanks
You have onsite Reservations, correct?

Your window will open for all your onsite reservations and you'll be able to book for the first 14 days. Then, with each passing day you'll be able to book a day of FPs until you have your 18-day total.

See the FP FAQ Addendum linked in mesaboy2's Signature,

so does the FP system care who actually shows up at the ride? Or only a body? I have a family of 5, and some may or may not want to go on a particular ride. Can I just replace that individual with another family member? They don't actually check the names originally booked do they?

From Post #2:
While technically nontransferable, in practice MagicBands (or tickets) can be swapped with others in your party to use their FPs. Castmembers (CMs) do not care if 37yo Johnny enters a FP queue with 8yo Sue's MagicBand.

Sorry, I thought I had it but, now I don't think I do.....LOL. I'm confused about being able to try for a Tier 1 at 2nd park.

I have a FP for 9am Seas & 11:30am FEA....we plan to hop over to DHS later that day.....
can I try for a FP for TSM once I enter Seas or FEA?
OR do I need to make a 3rd fake FP at Ep?

It's EMH at Epcot so, I know I really don't need the one for Seas...I just want to try for TSM at some point. And 11:30 was the earliest I could get for FEA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter