• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I thought I had it but, now I don't think I do.....LOL. I'm confused about being able to try for a Tier 1 at 2nd park.

I have a FP for 9am Seas & 11:30am FEA....we plan to hop over to DHS later that day.....
can I try for a FP for TSM once I enter Seas or FEA?
OR do I need to make a 3rd fake FP at Ep?

It's EMH at Epcot so, I know I really don't need the one for Seas...I just want to try for TSM at some point. And 11:30 was the earliest I could get for FEA.

Keep just the 2. Then as soon as you scan at Seas (make sure everyone scans here), you can get the TSM one (if available).

Thanks Donaldduck77 & hiroMYhero.........that's what I thought but then started thinking it wouldn't work for Tier 1.
This is awesome news!! It looks like a slow day at DHS, TP says a 3 crowd day & it's the last night of Wishes.... so, I'm thinking it may just fall in place especially with being able to try right at 9!!

Keep just the 2. Then as soon as you scan at Seas (make sure everyone scans here), you can get the TSM one (if available).
You don't need to keep the one for Seas. Once you enter FEA you can then book 2 for HS (including TSMM). FEA FPs don't start until 11 so you won't get much better than what you've got!

You don't need to keep the one for Seas. Once you enter FEA you can then book 2 for HS (including TSMM). FEA FPs don't start until 11 so you won't get much better than what you've got!
Thanks...I may do that, I'll wait to decide that morning to see how things look as far as being available at HS. I'm just thinking that trying at 9 might be a better chance of getting it than waiting to try at 11:30.
I'm just glad there is a way to get FPs at 2 parks in 1 day!!!

Last edited:
Thanks...I may do that, I'll wait to decide that morning to see how things look as far as being available at HS. I'm just thinking that trying at 9 might be a better chance of getting it than waiting to try at 11:30.
I'm just glad there is a way to get at 2 parks in 1 day!!!
Yes, good point, keeping Seas gives you earlier access to TSMM. :)

So as an AP holder, we have 7 days of FP+ booked for an upcoming 12 day trip, we can't get additional ones until my first day of FP+ are used correct?
We can only hold 7 days at a time?

So as an AP holder, we have 7 days of FP+ booked for an upcoming 12 day trip, we can't get additional ones until my first day of FP+ are used correct?
We can only hold 7 days at a time?

If you're staying off site, yes you're limited to 7 days. If on site it's either 10 days or length of stay - I'm not sure as I've never had the privilege of staying that long!

If you're staying off site, yes you're limited to 7 days. If on site it's either 10 days or length of stay - I'm not sure as I've never had the privilege of staying that long!
Thanks! We are half on and half off. So I booked 7 days. I am thinking of cancelling my AK FP day or EP FP day for more at MK.
I knew this in my head before buying the AP but until I was actually doing it, it didn't hit me what this would mean.
Oh well. We are at WDW for 12 days, I'm happy with that!

So come midnight on my first day, I can make an additional days worth of fastpass, and so on?

The reason for keeping the seas is that you will be ahead of anyone with 3 scheduled at HS trying for a 4th (2nd tier 1). If you are trying to get 2 at HS, then waiting until scanning at FEA would be fine. It would just be less availability at that point. I did something similar last month. Had Turtle Talk at 9:15 and FEA at 12:10. I was able to get 3rd (at MK) just after 9:15, long before anyone at MK could get their 4th.

And I learned the method from your thread :)

Thanks! We are half on and half off. So I booked 7 days. I am thinking of cancelling my AK FP day or EP FP day for more at MK.
I knew this in my head before buying the AP but until I was actually doing it, it didn't hit me what this would mean.
Oh well. We are at WDW for 12 days, I'm happy with that!

So come midnight on my first day, I can make an additional days worth of fastpass, and so on?

The time is now 7:00a ET vice midnight.

I booked a stay onsite, for the first half of the trip it will be my family of four. For the second half it will be me, one of my children and a family friend with her two children. I know I will be able to book FPs at the 60 day mark for my family but will it possible to book hers as well? She will have tickets linked to her MDX and her account will be linked to mine. My TA suggested just making a name change at the front desk when she arrives so they do not charge for a third adult in the room because the Disney system doesn't allow for guests to be changed in one stay. Sorry, confused on the best way to make sure I can book all of our FPs together.

I booked a stay onsite, for the first half of the trip it will be my family of four. For the second half it will be me, one of my children and a family friend with her two children. I know I will be able to book FPs at the 60 day mark for my family but will it possible to book hers as well? She will have tickets linked to her MDX and her account will be linked to mine. My TA suggested just making a name change at the front desk when she arrives so they do not charge for a third adult in the room because the Disney system doesn't allow for guests to be changed in one stay. Sorry, confused on the best way to make sure I can book all of our FPs together.
Yes. You'll be able to book FPs for everyone. Choose the correct grouping of people for your park days and everyone shares your 60-day window.

The reason for keeping the seas is that you will be ahead of anyone with 3 scheduled at HS trying for a 4th (2nd tier 1). If you are trying to get 2 at HS, then waiting until scanning at FEA would be fine. It would just be less availability at that point. I did something similar last month. Had Turtle Talk at 9:15 and FEA at 12:10. I was able to get 3rd (at MK) just after 9:15, long before anyone at MK could get their 4th.

And I learned the method from your thread :)
Yep, didn't think about that till after I posted. While that would only enable the ability to book 1 at HS, the booking window would open much sooner. :)

I somehow had the impression if I missed attending a FP and did not cancel it, it would be marked as 'done' and count. This ended up not being so and it still treated our account as needing to finish out 3 initial ones, even though we had booked 3 but skipped one. Just wanted to verify I understood this ??

Last edited:
I somehow had the impression if I missed attending a FP and did not cancel it, it would be marked at 'done' and count. This ended up not being so and it still treated our account as needing to finish out 3 initial ones, even though we had booked 3 but skipped one. Just wanted to verify I understood this ??
Some have reported that happening and some reporting "expiring" worked to move on to FP#4. Did this happen very recently? And did it happen in all parks or only in Tiered parks?

For a time, on the FP FAQ thread, the advice was to tap the touchpoint and then walk away so that the FP registered as being used.

Thanks for reporting this and sorry it's happening again.

Some have reported that happening and some reporting "expiring" worked to move on to FP#4. Did this happen very recently? And did it happen in all parks or only in Tiered parks?

For a time, on the FP FAQ thread, the advice was to tap the touchpoint and then walk away so that the FP registered as being used.

Thanks for reporting this and sorry it's happening again.

We tried it two different ways this very week. Saturday, we weren't getting 'settled' till around noon, so I booked three FP at 9-10 then 10-11, then 11-12, knowing we would miss all three. I did this specifically to test the theory of 'do skipped fPs show up as being 'used'?
When we finally entered the park at 1pm, knowing all 3 had passed and we assumed would show as used, we tried to get a 4th FP and we were told we had to use our 3 first. Dangit!

I went to customer service and asked and they told us we did need to actually use them and not just reserve them. They gave us 2 freebies so that helped as we re-scheduled for the day.

Just yesterday, we missed one by acccident and checked, and sure enough, same thing, we could not move on to a 4th without scheduling and using the 3rd one, not just 'missing' it.

We tried it two different ways this very week. Saturday, we weren't getting 'settled' till around noon, so I booked three FP at 9-10 then 10-11, then 11-12, knowing we would miss all three. I did this specifically to test the theory of 'do skipped fPs show up as being 'used'?
When we finally entered the park at 1pm, knowing all 3 had passed and we assumed would show as used, we tried to get a 4th FP and we were told we had to use our 3 first. Dangit!

I went to customer service and asked and they told us we did need to actually use them and not just reserve them. They gave us 2 freebies so that helped as we re-scheduled for the day.

Just yesterday, we missed one by acccident and checked, and sure enough, same thing, we could not move on to a 4th without scheduling and using the 3rd one, not just 'missing' it.
Thanks for reporting this. @marciemi would be interested in this, too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter