• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ For Cast Members?

If the CM is on your room reservation, FPs can be booked 60 days out for the MainGate and Guest Passes.

For that “Guest Pass” day, you can book for it now by having the CM book and include you in the group, then immediately remove you from the group when the MDX Warning pops up. The CM can then continue booking the FPs.
Hiro,
I know this is an old post, but I’m going down to Disney in a few weeks with my family to visit my sister who is a CM. She is getting us guest passes for 2/3 days we are going. She set up fast passes weeks ago for us because we are staying in Art of Animation. Today she was told that the fast passes can’t be set up on her guest passes until 7 days before we go. Is that true? I thought if we were staying on property, she could make FP selections 60 days out?

Thank you for your help.

Hiro,
I know this is an old post, but I’m going down to Disney in a few weeks with my family to visit my sister who is a CM. She is getting us guest passes for 2/3 days we are going. She set up fast passes weeks ago for us because we are staying in Art of Animation. Today she was told that the fast passes can’t be set up on her guest passes until 7 days before we go. Is that true? I thought if we were staying on property, she could make FP selections 60 days out?

Thank you for your help.
If she uses her MDX account and her name is on the room reservation, her Main Gate and Guest Passes have a 60-day window.

If she isn’t on the reservation, all she needs to do is include one onsite person in the FP group. After she chooses the park and date, the Warning to Remove the onsite person will appear. She Removes the onsite person and the window remains open to continue the FP booking.

If she uses her MDX account and her name is on the room reservation, her Main Gate and Guest Passes have a 60-day window.

If she isn’t on the reservation, all she needs to do is include one onsite person in the FP group. After she chooses the park and date, the Warning to Remove the onsite person will appear. She Removes the onsite person and the window remains open to continue the FP booking.
She is on the reservation, so I think we will be able to keep our FP selections. Thank you!
One more question, and I’m not sure you can even answer this one but I’ll give it a shot:
When we physically go to the parks when we use her guest passes, will they give us actual card/tickets? I know we need them to get on the rides with our FP’s. She doesn’t have phycial cards, they are just on her MDX account. Thanks again!

She is on the reservation, so I think we will be able to keep our FP selections. Thank you!
One more question, and I’m not sure you can even answer this one but I’ll give it a shot:
When we physically go to the parks when we use her guest passes, will they give us actual card/tickets? I know we need them to get on the rides with our FP’s. She doesn’t have phycial cards, they are just on her MDX account. Thanks again!
In this thread, Post#52 has directions as to where she can find the phone # to call. She may have to go to the offices in Celebration to pick up the cards.

WDW requires the plastic Guest Passes whereas at DLand Guest tickets are issued at the entrance turnstiles.

In this thread, Post#52 has directions as to where she can find the phone # to call. She may have to go to the offices in Celebration to pick up the cards.

WDW requires the plastic Guest Passes whereas at DLand Guest tickets are issued at the entrance turnstiles.
I wonder why her sister doesn't have her "Main Entrance Pass" "Guest Pass" cards?

I wonder why her sister doesn't have her "Main Entrance Pass" "Guest Pass" cards?
HIS* sister haha. It’s okay.

And she’s a college program CM, so she has an employee self-admission pass. I guess my question is, does she have to go pick up the cards at a ticket window?
Our worry was losing the FP selections that we made. We are going to the parks at a busy time of year so we were afraid that we would enter the parks with no FP selections.

I guess my question is, does she have to go pick up the cards at a ticket window?
No, she has to go to CM Services in Celebration if she does indeed have 3 Guest Passes. In the recent past, College Program CMs only earned comp tickets that were dependent upon hours worked.

She really needs to go on the Hub and get the # to call to see about 3 Guest Passes. You can always link tickets to the MDX account and the FPs will remain intact if Guest Passes don’t appear.

HIS* sister haha. It’s okay.
Ooops!
I guess my question is, does she have to go pick up the cards at a ticket window?
Yes, she or you, bring either a printout or the downloaded version from The HUB on your smart phone.
Our worry was losing the FP selections that we made.
If the tickets on The HUB were linked correctly with the users on MDX, they will be on the cards when you convert them. Always works for me.

Yes, she or you, bring either a printout or the downloaded version from The HUB on your smart phone.
Lou, a CM can’t pick up Guest Passes at a ticket window. CM Comp etickets can be converted at a ticket window.

The CM really needs to describe what type of Guest Passes she’s planning to use. They are probably comps.

Lou, a CM can’t pick up Guest Passes at a ticket window.
If you're referring to the reusable blue Guest passes that FT and PT CMs get with their Main Entrance Pass, that's correct, you get or replace those at Celebration, but that's not the case here. CPs get a "Self Admission Pass" and earn Comp tickets. I believe those Comp tickets are the same as what FT and PT CMs get twice a year and are probably treated the same way. They are converted to a plastic ticket at the park.

ETA:
The CM really needs to describe what type of Guest Passes she’s planning to use.
I was unclear at first but the OP cleared it up on a previous post and I think I have it now. The OP said that his sister is a CP and that she has what he called "an employee self-admission pass" and "doesn’t have physical cards".

Last edited:
If you're referring to the reusable blue Guest passes that FT and PT CMs get with their Main Entrance Pass, that's correct, you get or replace those at Celebration, but that's not the case here. CPs get a "Self Admission Pass" and earn Comp tickets. I believe those Comp tickets are the same as what FT and PT CMs get twice a year and are probably treated the same way. They are converted to a plastic ticket at the park.

ETA:
I was unclear at first but the OP cleared it up on a previous post and I think I have it now. The OP said that his sister is a CP and that she has what he called "an employee self-admission pass" and "doesn’t have physical cards".
Yeah you have it right, she’s a CP. so I will let her know to print out the tickets and take them to one of the the parks to get converted into cards. Thanks for all the help!

so I will let her know to print out the tickets and take them to one of the the parks to get converted into cards.
If it's inconvenient or not possible for your sister to print the tickets, she can also download them to her smart phone from the CM website "The HUB". I've done it both ways. They just need to scan the bar code at the park.

Hello!
My mom is a CM and my brothers family will be using her guest passes for our upcoming vacay. My husband and I have our own tickets. We have linked mom’s account with my account on MDE. When it comes time to make FP+ reservations, can we make them for all of us through mom’s account so that we all get the same ride times?

Thanks in advance!

Hello. Thanks for al the info on the post. I also have a question I hope someone can answer. I`ve just made a reservation to WDW and the CM asked why I didn’t wanted tickets so I told her that we’re coming to WDW with a friend with is CM at Disneyland Paris. She told me about linking the tickets on MDE app in order to get the FP+ but now, after talking to another DLP CM Friend he told us that option is not available to DLP CMs yet so we won’t be able to book any FP until we get on the hotel. Any idea if this is true? We just booked a Disney Hotel because of the FPS booking... :( thank you

Hello. Thanks for al the info on the post. I also have a question I hope someone can answer. I`ve just made a reservation to WDW and the CM asked why I didn’t wanted tickets so I told her that we’re coming to WDW with a friend with is CM at Disneyland Paris. She told me about linking the tickets on MDE app in order to get the FP+ but now, after talking to another DLP CM Friend he told us that option is not available to DLP CMs yet so we won’t be able to book any FP until we get on the hotel. Any idea if this is true? We just booked a Disney Hotel because of the FPS booking... :( thank you
Each Disney Park has their own separate system. Example: I use CM Comp tickets for Disneyland but I can’t set them up early for MaxPass. I have to exchange the Comp Ticket for an actual Disneyland ticket at the park entrance.

Ask your DLP friend if he or she has Comp Tickets. Comp Tickets can be linked to My Disney Experience to pre-book your FPs.

Then, when you enter a WDW park as CM guests and are given hard, plastic tickets, link them to each person. The Comps then MUST be reassigned away from the real people in your MDX account.

You’ll be able to use the plastic tickets for FPs lines and park entrances.

Each Disney Park has their own separate system. Example: I use CM Comp tickets for Disneyland but I can’t set them up early for MaxPass. I have to exchange the Comp Ticket for an actual Disneyland ticket at the park entrance.

Ask your DLP friend if he or she has Comp Tickets. Comp Tickets can be linked to My Disney Experience to pre-book your FPs.

Then, when you enter a WDW park as CM guests and are given hard, plastic tickets, link them to each person. The Comps then MUST be reassigned away from the real people in your MDX account.

You’ll be able to use the plastic tickets for FPs lines and park entrances.

Thank you! I’m going to ask her. I think she told she must pick up the tickets at the entrance or something like that.. do you know with how many days in advance can those COMP tickets be used to book the FPS? We don’t really mind queuing, but We just wanted to avoid some really long queues as Flight of the Passage. Also, our trip is planned to September and with SWGE opening I guess there will be longer lines than usual on those dates

Great, thank you so much! I’ll tell her to go ask about those ticks. You’ve been so kind ^_^
She can also ask if any friends may have Comps that you can link. Even when linked to MDX, the actual comp can be used at any park.

So, as long as don’t use the Comp for park entrance at WDW and only use to pre-book FPs, it remains active as a printout for anyone to use at any park in the world where it’s accepted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter