• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Can somehow direct me to a post or tell me how to complete the following. I have a 4 day ticket and booked my fast passes for the 4 days. However I want to see about switching a day booked to a day I don't have any fast passes. Is there a way to check availability for the day I want to switch to? I don't want to cancel any fast passes. Thank you! I'm using the mde app on my iPad.
Unfortunately, you'll need to choose a day to Cancel and then search FPs for the new day. You have to free up a ticket entitlement to "open" the window for the new day.

Another option is to post the new park date here and see if anyone with valid tickets can check FP availability for you.

We are planning on being at WDW on site both before and after our EBTA cruise in May. We will be upgrading to APs there, but currently, about half of the extended family has Discover Disney passes. Can I retain the FPs that I have (let's say 3 out of 4 days are used on the Discover Disney passes with FPs), and book for Pandora with the last day that is not used for when we are there at the end of May?

ETA: they will be APs and we are not trying to use the last day over 14 days later, just trying to book FPs with a gap of bigger than 14 days in between 2 on site stays.

ETA: Answered my own question because the tickets are blocked out from May 27- June 9 for Animal Kingdom.

Last edited:

I think I know the answer to this question, but I need confirmation that my thinking is correct. If I have a back to back room only split stay 15 nights total (10 nights + 5 nights)....let's say July 1 to 10 and then July 11-15. And I only have a 6 day ticket. On May 1 (60 days before July 1), can I book fastpasses for July 14th?

I think I know the answer to this question, but I need confirmation that my thinking is correct. If I have a back to back room only split stay 15 nights total (10 nights + 5 nights)....let's say July 1 to 10 and then July 11-15. And I only have a 6 day ticket. On May 1 (60 days before July 1), can I book fastpasses for July 14th?
Yes. You can book FPs for the 6 park days of your choosing that are within your open booking window.

Hi everyone, newbie from Germany here. Will have my first (unfortunately very short) visit to WDW after almost 15 years this spring and can't wait to get there! I do have a few of questions and I hope it's ok to post them here. We won't have our tickets until we actually get to the park and we plan to start our day at Epcot. Would it be possible, once at the park, to connect our tickets to FastPass+ (via the app) AND then select rides for another park? I have read that it used to be only possible for rides at the park you're in at that moment, at least if done at the kiosks.
My second question is more of an itinerary one. We only have one full day at WDW and I've picked some rides at different parks that I would love to include here. I'm not really sure if it's possible at all without completely running around like a squirrel. The rides are the following:

Epcot: Test Track, Mission Space, Soarin' + 1-2 hours of strolling...
Hollywood Studios: Great Movie Ride, Tower of Terror + a show...
Magic Kingdom: Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan's Flight, Buzz, Splash Mountain

Anything else would be a nice add-on. Thoughts?

Anyways, great to be part of this place now!

@hiroMYhero I book FPs in a little over a week. I know to do Pandora first (FoP for just DH on day 5 of booking window - Soarin is about my limit for simulator rides, and NRJ for all on day 7 of booking window).

Here is my question, though I think I know the answer. My guess would be to schedule FEA for all on day 6 of my booking window next, however, I want to schedule 7DMT for my first day in the park. More specifically, around 5ish for just me and it's actually day 2 of my window bc no parks on day 1 of my window....so would I still do FEA before 7DMT?

@hiroMYhero I book FPs in a little over a week. I know to do Pandora first (FoP for just DH on day 5 of booking window - Soarin is about my limit for simulator rides, and NRJ for all on day 7 of booking window).

Here is my question, though I think I know the answer. My guess would be to schedule FEA for all on day 6 of my booking window next, however, I want to schedule 7DMT for my first day in the park. More specifically, around 5ish for just me and it's actually day 2 of my window bc no parks on day 1 of my window....so would I still do FEA before 7DMT?
Yes, because FEA is for a larger group. It'll be easier to find 1 for 7D for that later slot.

Or, have DH online at the same time to book 7D as you are booking FEA. :)

Hello from Austria!

We won't have our tickets until we actually get to the park and we plan to start our day at Epcot. Would it be possible, once at the park, to connect our tickets to FastPass+ (via the app)

Easiest way - create a MDE account on the Disney website - if you have a reservation number for your tickets (if bought on the WDW site) you can connect them that way. Be aware that booking FP+ is open for onsite guests 60 days before they arrive!
If your tickets are connected to MDE you can select FP+ via your phone (app) - and this works for the other parks as well. But be aware that you cannot book 1 ride at each park. You initially have 3 FP rides you can pick at the same park (if you book early they can be as close as an hour apart!) you can then book one FP at a time but be aware that they cannot overlap!!

We only have one full day at WDW and I've picked some rides at different parks that I would love to include here.

You need a Hopper Ticket to do so!

Epcot: Test Track, Mission Space, Soarin' + 1-2 hours of strolling...
Hollywood Studios: Great Movie Ride, Tower of Terror + a show...
Magic Kingdom: Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan's Flight, Buzz, Splash Mountain

Let me tell you that you picked some great rides, but ..........
You cannot do it in one day! Especially if you can only pick FP when you arrive. The selection will not be great (resort guests can pick their FP 60 days out and everyone else 30 days out) and you will not be able to have many time slots left for the "big" rides, if any! Test Track and Soarin are both tier 1 (you can only pick one initially with your three FP picks) and lines get LONG - you might be "stuck" in the line at Soarin for over an hour, same goes for TT and MS is usually a shorter wait, but it takes time to be divided into teams and then ride - so this already takes up a huge part of your day (not including strolling through WS).
Then you have to get to DHS - If you are not parked at Epcot you can use the Friendship Boats to Studios. ToT can easily get 45 minutes to an hour line, so does GMR, what about Toy Story Mania? Again a long line.
Off to MK - again, you need to get to the park - driving from HS to MK takes about 20 minutes, this does not include getting to your car if parked at HS, then parking your car at MK, using a tram to get to TTC, ride the monorail or boat to MK.
If you cannot get a FP for Peter Pan, then this might be your longest line. What about all the new rides at Fantasyland? Little Mermaid, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train or classics like Thunder Mountain and Jungle Cruise? Very unique rides.
You can do all three parks if you get there at rope drop and stay until closing, but I doubt you will get half of the rides done, especially if you can only pick your FP at the kiosks.
Once you have 10 posts you can Private Message people on the DIS - much easier to answer your questions than doing it on this thread.

Yes, because FEA is for a larger group. It'll be easier to find 1 for 7D for that later slot.

Or, have DH online at the same time to book 7D as you are booking FEA. :)
That's what I figured but I wanted to make sure. DH would probably accidentally delete the ones I'd booked...lol! That's probably not true but he wants nothing to do with any of the planning part! I'm thinking it can't be that hard to get 1 for 7D right?

Great, thanks! And do you have any idea at this point if FoP for 1 around 10:30 on day 5 should be before NRJ for all late evening on day 7?
Maybe NRJ because more families will be booking that - and one of the main booking tips is to begin with the last day of the trip? Finding 1 for FoP should be easier unless you do have a really tight schedule for Day#5.

And no one knows yet if FoP will have Single Rider.

Easiest way - create a MDE account on the Disney website - if you have a reservation number for your tickets (if bought on the WDW site) you can connect them that way.

Thanks for the reply :) We already have an account on MDE, but we won't have access to a reservation number until we're there, so that won't help unfortunately.

You need a Hopper Ticket to do so!

We will have one :)

Let me tell you that you picked some great rides, but ..........
You cannot do it in one day!

That's bad news of course :( I was leaving out some of the new rides (Seven Dwarfs especially) because of the long lines. It's not that I wouldn't want to get on those rides, but adding them would make everything else 100% impossible, I guess. We could leave out Mission Space, ToT and Buzz, as we're not really huge fans of drop towers and interactive dark rides anyways. Would that change anything at all? Oh and we won't have a car, so we will have to use a bus/ monorail combo. Thanks again for helping :)

That's bad news of course :( I was leaving out some of the new rides (Seven Dwarfs especially) because of the long lines. It's not that I wouldn't want to get on those rides, but adding them would make everything else 100% impossible, I guess. We could leave out Mission Space, ToT and Buzz, as we're not really huge fans of drop towers and interactive dark rides anyways. Would that change anything at all? Oh and we won't have a car, so we will have to use a bus/ monorail combo. Thanks again for helping :)

One thing you may be able to utilize, if you don't mind an added expense, is the new park-to-park express transportation. That would help minimize your travel times between parks since you don't have a car. I thought it was about $15 a day or maybe $25-30 for the week?

When we were there last summer, both Toy Story and Soarin had 30 min waits midday. This was a result of the additional track/theater that had been added. Not that waits could not go up to 45 mins-1 hour (or more) if it gets very crowded, but these rides are not the monster waits that they once were. TOT can also get long, but if both sides are operational it can stay manageable.

I believe (@hiroMYhero can correct me if I am wrong!) that you can FP just one ride (or 2) instead of all 3 in one park, and then make one for the next park right away. So, if you FP Soarin, while in line you could make a FP for TOT...

Also, in my experience, there have been more FP at MK later in the evening. My family of 3 was able to easily get Thunder or Splash Mts most evenings in July, and once even got 7 Dwarfs. Buzz also tends to have availability later in the day. I would save MK for last- the wait times also drop during the fireworks show/last hour or 2 of operations. (We also waited standby one night for about 25 minutes for 7 Dwarfs.)

Good luck- and enjoy your day!

I believe (@hiroMYhero can correct me if I am wrong!) that you can FP just one ride (or 2) instead of all 3 in one park, and then make one for the next park right away. So, if you FP Soarin, while in line you could make a FP for TOT...
Perfect!

And if only 1 FP is booked for Park#1, when going onto the app when in the FP#1 line, 1 FP can be booked for Park#2 and another FP can be booked for Park#3.

Perfect!

And if only 1 FP is booked for Park#1, when going onto the app when in the FP#1 line, 1 FP can be booked for Park#2 and another FP can be booked for Park#3.

The only problem I see is that he can only book his first FP at a kiosk at the park - I do mine 60 days out, so I have little experience with same day, but we did not have a huge choice of rides to change to when we tried day of. And we were there for close to three weeks last summer.

The only problem I see is that he can only book his first FP at a kiosk at the park - I do mine 60 days out, so I have little experience with same day, but we did not have a huge choice of rides to change to when we tried day of. And we were there for close to three weeks last summer.
@TheJay already has an MDE account set up so as soon as he links his-one-day parkhopper, he can use the app rather than try to find an available kiosk.

Even if top rides can't be booked, at least he knows he can ride something in each park he visits. :)

One thing you may be able to utilize, if you don't mind an added expense, is the new park-to-park express transportation. That would help minimize your travel times between parks since you don't have a car. I thought it was about $15 a day or maybe $25-30 for the week?

That sounds excellent! First time I'm hearing about this. Extra expenses are absolutely fine and 15 USD a day sounds more than fair.

Also, in my experience, there have been more FP at MK later in the evening. My family of 3 was able to easily get Thunder or Splash Mts most evenings in July, and once even got 7 Dwarfs. Buzz also tends to have availability later in the day. I would save MK for last- the wait times also drop during the fireworks show/last hour or 2 of operations. (We also waited standby one night for about 25 minutes for 7 Dwarfs.)

That's quite encouraging :P We were already thinking to save MK for last.

Good luck- and enjoy your day!

Much appreciated!

@TheJay already has an MDE account set up so as soon as he links his-one-day parkhopper, he can use the app rather than try to find an available kiosk.

Good to know! That'll save at least some time.

Even if top rides can't be booked, at least he knows he can ride something in each park he visits. :)

Which is definitely the main goal. Sure it would be nice to ride all the big ones, but I think I'd be happier leaving WDW with a bit more variety of rides done, rather than spending all day in the lines of 4 or 5 rides....if that makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter