Fastpass Enforcement coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that you did too. ;)

Well, this thread will get straight to the point anyway and not lolligag around for a couple of pages.

And I still don't believe it.

If Walt Disney himself rose from his Frigidaire and told me this, I'm not sure I would believe it.

Noticed that the article says it starts on March 7.... We will be at Epcot on March 9, so will see first hand if it is true! (hope not!)

I was just about to post this. I really hope it goes the way of other rumors to this effect. Even though wdwmagic is credible, the article doesn't have any sort of source for who is saying this. And yes, my trip is scheduled for March 6-10, I will get the pleasure of being smack dab in the middle of the trainwreck. :scared1:

FWIW, (not much, I realize!), my SIL was told that Fastpass enforcement would begin in March by a CM at Space Mountain on Jan 17. This was in response to her directly asking him if it was okay to use fastpasses past the noted time (she didn't believe me when I said it was okay, and had to ask.)

FWIW, (not much, I realize!), my SIL was told that Fastpass enforcement would begin in March by a CM at Space Mountain on Jan 17. This was in response to her directly asking him if it was okay to use fastpasses past the noted time (she didn't believe me when I said it was okay, and had to ask.)

These kinds of reports happen all the time. Since 2008. That's why we're all so jaded. :goodvibes

The article says they will give a 5 minute early and a 15 minute late cushion. Stuff happens - a ride goes down and you get stuck in line or get poor service in a restaurant. I think they should give more of a late cushion, maybe 1 or 2 hours.

My understanding of why they didn't stricly enforce this is because there are so many reasons why you could be delayed...many of them out of your control. It could take longer than usual to be served at a meal, or a ride could stop while you are on it, or the standby line could take longer than posted, etc. etc. I can just imagine the poor CMs having to deal with all of the conversations about why people came back late. For us, we have used ours later in the day and this is definitely an UGH as it will cause much more criss crossing of the park.

I hope not, I think then they'd be forcing me to choose if I want to do Disney as a whole experience or Disney the rides. One of the nice things about the FP system as is that if I see something or do something that I didn't anticipate wanting to do, I can do it without having to rush like I'm trying to make a flight. Now everything would be impacted and I don't think I'd like it as much. Not all of us do Disney commando style with touring plans and a schedule to keep. Some of us go and vacation. The structured-fun family model of doing Disney down to the minute is not my idea of fun and I don't want to think that if I don't buy into it, I'm missing out on the park experience.

Besides which, what are they going to do when other things run long? Like I'd have missed my ToT FP's because RRC broke down when I was on it. They took longer to seat us for dinner at LeC so dinner ran long, we'd have missed Soarin' FP's. Ride malfunctions aren't my fault and shouldn't be why I miss a ride, and I'm not about to be happy about spending the kind of money that one does at LeC to have the whole experience ruined because now I have to run to Soarin.

I'm a CM and one of the attractions in my area is getting told this exact same thing, with a 5 minute early and 15 minute late arrival time. I'm guessing that when the time comes, Cast Members will have to tell guests about the new policy at distribution. Also, I can see managers standing at the FP Return area for a while helping out with this. When the problems do arise (monorail delays, ride goes down etc.) I can see the managers handling the guests, but the Cast Members will be trained to not allow late arrivals.

If it happens, it happens. It won't affect how we tour since we use FP's during the printed window anyway. I know it will affect lots of DIS'ers who do use them after the window, but I tend to think the casual visitor probably doesn't even know you COULD use them that way.

I'll just go ahead and prep y'all as a devil's advocate:

• You should plan for being late at dinner or a ride breaking down.
  • The clocks at the FP turnstiles tell you when you need to return.
  • I didn't know we could do this!
  • It's not fair to those who didn't know this.
  • It's not fair to those who don't plan.
  • The lines at <insert attraction here> were bad at the end of the night because everyone comes back late. And I know because I saw all those FPs.
Some if not all of these statements and counter-arguments are a-comin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter