• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Fastpass disappearing and your DVC membership.

What I liked about the old system was that I could grab a FP then go on a rides that only had standby till I could grab another FP, then use all my FPs in the evening when the lines got longer because they didn't enforce the return time.
Yep the Splash/Big Thunder mountain combo. I think it was also good that everyone could only hold one fp until the time printed on your ticket for another. I thought it was a good system.

Man, my family so prefers the touring style of DL to WDW so we would love to go back to legacy FP. Between having to decide where we want to eat on a Tuesday 6 months from now, plan which ride we will want to go on two months from now-and then the impact that FP+ has had on wait times on other attractions-none of that suits my family well. Our trips to DL are so much more relaxing.

FastPass is being modified, as others have said, not disappearing. And, in the long term, it may return to the way it was after things return to somewhat normal. I would have a complaint if DVC were being treated worse than the general public, or other onsite guests, but everyone is in the same boat for the moment. WIth the parks opening to limited capacity, we may not even need FastPass in the short term. I'm old enough to remember summers at Disneyland in the 1960s, where 40 minute + wait times was the norm for almost every ride, there was no such thing as a FastPass.

I always thought that 3 fastpasses made 60 days in advance was a bit excessive. Make it one fastpass ahead of time. On the day of, after you used your first fastpass, you can pick up another through the app or a kiosk like you do after the third fastpass of the day. After you use that one, you can get another one.

The old paper system required you to go across the park to the ride which is a huge problem for people with mobility problems. It was also frustrating getting to TSM or Soarin' at 9:15am only to find that there were no more fastpasses.

What I liked about the old system was that I could grab a FP then go on a rides that only had standby till I could grab another FP, then use all my FPs in the evening when the lines got longer because they didn't enforce the return time.

I agree. With the paper FP we could end up with 12 FP in a day. Also if you did not use your FP you could come back and use it a different day. We would even save them between trips.

If DVC truly had nothing to do with the parks they would just be another Orlando timeshare and wouldn't command anything near the prices they do.

DVC only had FP perks after the + system was created not even 10 years ago. For those of us who bought before that, it wasn’t a consideration. Like all perks. No one should be buying because of perks.

When I visited Disneyland in 2018 I was still in my WDW mindset. I was kind of freaked out that I couldn't reserve dining 180 days out, I believe it was 30 days there. But once I got there, and found I had flexibility to get my fastpasses along the way, I found it to be a much more relaxing vacation.

Hyou only been visiting WDW since + started to roll out in 2013?

Only at DL, they put all dining reservations in a special line but didn't let us in.

Something wring happened that day. Whether it’s on Disney’s side or yours, something wen
awry. Why let one problem effect whether you go back?

As for the MaxPass system at DLR

To be clear, last I checked, DLR has the extra cost maxpass and also paper FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter