FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
AE question. We are to fastpass tonight; 4 in our group. But I doubt the 9 yr old boy wants to visit A&E so the plan is to just book 2 FP for A&E, and then the boy and I will do Space Mt.

Right now thedibb shows A&E available but only for 2, not 4. Whats the best strategy to get those two spots? I know we need to book all three FP at the same time, and then can change. Since I doubt we can book 4 A&E to start off, should step one be to only book FPs for 2 people, then copy to add the others? OR...Book 4 FPs (but book 4 for Space Mt) then change two on SM to A&E? The other FP will be the 7DMR of course, and IDK the third. So, 4 7DMR, 2 A&E, 2 Space Mt, 4 ???.

Question: We originally planned a camping only trip and planned to skip the parks since it would be spring break. However we may end up getting cheap tickets (silent auction at school). Since I have MBs from resort only reservation can i link the tickets to a separate account to book my fastpasses (early) and still have the MBS for same day booking?

Question: We originally planned a camping only trip and planned to skip the parks since it would be spring break. However we may end up getting cheap tickets (silent auction at school). Since I have MBs from resort only reservation can i link the tickets to a separate account to book my fastpasses (early) and still have the MBS for same day booking?
You can link the tickets to new phantoms in your MDE. You won't have to go back and forth between 2 MDE accounts.

Thank you. That would make it easier. I am still able to pre book my fastpasses on the tickets correct?

AE question. We are to fastpass tonight; 4 in our group. But I doubt the 9 yr old boy wants to visit A&E so the plan is to just book 2 FP for A&E, and then the boy and I will do Space Mt.

Right now thedibb shows A&E available but only for 2, not 4. Whats the best strategy to get those two spots? I know we need to book all three FP at the same time, and then can change. Since I doubt we can book 4 A&E to start off, should step one be to only book FPs for 2 people, then copy to add the others? OR...Book 4 FPs (but book 4 for Space Mt) then change two on SM to A&E? The other FP will be the 7DMR of course, and IDK the third. So, 4 7DMR, 2 A&E, 2 Space Mt, 4 ???.
Select just the 2 that want A&E, book their 3 for that day, then go back and book the other 2 ppl for that day. You should be able to get the same, or overlapping, times for SDMT and your third choice. Then go back, select all 4, and book the rest of your fast passes. A pain, but your fastest path to A&E.

Alternatively, schedule all 4 for anything, then use the app to modify the 2 to A&E. I just feel like you lose valuable time in this scenario.

Good luck!! And if you miss them tonight, just keep checking back, people change their plans all the time. You may also have success booking 2 singles for overlapping times as well.

Thanks. A&E look booked already. Debating moving one MK day to the last day of our trip, but we will miss BOG if we do that.

EDIT:

Boom, got it. Thanks to the instructions here. A&E and 7DMT, and everything else we wanted.

Last edited:
My wife and I used to be jedi masters at the old Fastpass system. When our son was born and we went with my in-laws we quickly figured out how to game the rider switch system and combine it with the Fastpasses to practically never wait in a single line at any park. So suffice to say we were a bit upset when they unveiled this new system a few years back. We are annual pass holders that live down in Miami and like to take spur of the moment weekend trips many times throughout the year with our 3 year old but after the first few times doing this we realized that we were never able to get Fastpasses for many of the rides or times we wanted. What we have now been doing for the past 6 months or so is just booking Fastpases for every day in advance the system will allow. Does anyone else do this?

Also, does anyone know if Disney has plans to extend the time those with annual passes can book in advance? I remember when they switched to the new system a few years ago talking to someone on the phone when I was upgrading a ticket and he told me that studies had showed people on average only managed 3 Fastpasses (such a low number!!!!!!) which is why they capped it at that but he said they will eventually be rolling out a way to add more which eventually came to fruition (though I have gripes about that too).

My wife and I used to be jedi masters at the old Fastpass system. When our son was born and we went with my in-laws we quickly figured out how to game the rider switch system and combine it with the Fastpasses to practically never wait in a single line at any park. So suffice to say we were a bit upset when they unveiled this new system a few years back. We are annual pass holders that live down in Miami and like to take spur of the moment weekend trips many times throughout the year with our 3 year old but after the first few times doing this we realized that we were never able to get Fastpasses for many of the rides or times we wanted. What we have now been doing for the past 6 months or so is just booking Fastpases for every day in advance the system will allow. Does anyone else do this?

Also, does anyone know if Disney has plans to extend the time those with annual passes can book in advance? I remember when they switched to the new system a few years ago talking to someone on the phone when I was upgrading a ticket and he told me that studies had showed people on average only managed 3 Fastpasses (such a low number!!!!!!) which is why they capped it at that but he said they will eventually be rolling out a way to add more which eventually came to fruition (though I have gripes about that too).

You are precisely the type of Annual Passholder people feared when they first announced Fastpass+. :) And that is why they probably won't change a thing with regards to the number of days an AP can hold for FP+, or the length of the window.

The ability to get more was not a secret back then either - they just wanted to get things going while they worked on the mechanism. They are finally improving that with the ability to get additional same-day passes via the app (soon).

You are precisely the type of Annual Passholder people feared when they first announced Fastpass+. :) And that is why they probably won't change a thing with regards to the number of days an AP can hold for FP+, or the length of the window.

The ability to get more was not a secret back then either - they just wanted to get things going while they worked on the mechanism. They are finally improving that with the ability to get additional same-day passes via the app (soon).

That is a shame about the window for booking if true. It took us 3 trips before we got a chance to ride the Seven Dwarfs coaster and the Fastpasses were for 11:30pm (not ideal with a 2 year old) because they were always booked up - that was the impetus for us deciding to just always have Fastpasses booked for just in case we decide to go. My wife's hatred for large midwestern families has grown in the past couple years as she always blames them for taking up all the good stuff in advance :).

Good to know they plan on making it easier to book additional Fastpasses. Even now the three of us are able to do around 5 or 6 a day at the Magic Kingdom and there have been times we've done 8 or 9.

I'm afraid I know the answer to this but I'll ask anyway... We have a split stay coming up in June with DVC,4 nights at BLT then 4 at the poly. Will our 60 day fp window for the poly portion not open up until 60 days before that stay starts? TIA! :goodvibes

I'm afraid I know the answer to this but I'll ask anyway... We have a split stay coming up in June with DVC,4 nights at BLT then 4 at the poly. Will our 60 day fp window for the poly portion not open up until 60 days before that stay starts? TIA! :goodvibes
You'll be able to book for all park days from check-in of Stay #1 through checkout of Stay #2.

As long as your tickets are packaged with Stay #1 or separately linked.

You'll be able to book for all park days from check-in of Stay #1 through checkout of Stay #2.

As long as your tickets are packaged with Stay #1 or separately linked.

I'm sorry, what do you mean by packaged? The reservations and tickets are all on the same MDE account, two of us have AP's and two have park hoppers.

I'm sorry, what do you mean by packaged? The reservations and tickets are all on the same MDE account, two of us have AP's and two have park hoppers.

Having different tickets pretty much confirms you don't have a package - a "package" is when you get your tickets as part of your room reservation, which is required for dining plans. When doing a split stay where the package is for the second reservation, it complicates things.

"Packaged" as in many book packages and the tickets are not activated until the arrival/check-in date... some people mistakenly book a package for their 2nd Stay and can't book for park days for Stay #1.

You won't have a problem for booking for all park days.

She means that stay #1 is a package. But since two of you have park hoppers, I would assume that both reservations are room-only. In that case, you're fine, since that means your tickets are separate from your reservation.

WWYD? We currently have FP's for Epcot on the 22nd of April and AK FP's on the 23rd. With the chance of the Rivers of Light opening on the 22nd, would you change days? I can't quite figure out how to change my FP days ( I can tell how to change w/i same park, but not how to change days all together) without messing all my rides up. We do have PH's. Thanks for any helps!

WWYD? We currently have FP's for Epcot on the 22nd of April and AK FP's on the 23rd. With the chance of the Rivers of Light opening on the 22nd, would you change days? I can't quite figure out how to change my FP days ( I can tell how to change w/i same park, but not how to change days all together) without messing all my rides up. We do have PH's. Thanks for any helps!
I wouldn't. The 22nd at AK is gonna be crazy busy, I'm sure.

I wouldn't. The 22nd at AK is gonna be crazy busy, I'm sure.

Thanks! Decided to keep what I have, especially since I think I'd lose my FP for each park (Epcot and then AK respectively) and have to start all over again with my choices...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter